Which spec is the best in PvP?

Sub is boring, but it has good heals, damage and it has Blind. It has spammable Killing Spree. You can Cheap Shot ppl in the middle of the combat etc. Also, Sub has the best PvP talents.

Outlaw is nothing without Shark Infested Waters, but with it, it destroys people. However, I don't wanna depend on RNG. Gauge and Blind get my attention tho.

Assa is the best IMO, because you can dot and do burst. Even if Sub is the most stealthy one, Assa feels more like a Rogue. It has Garrote, but it doesn't have Blind or Gauge.

Which one is the best?

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I would have seconded your opinion up to a few weeks ago. The damage was compensating for a few things like huge mobility issues however once the bleed damage was significantly lowered to nerfed I could no longer ignore that I have no blind no real gap closers and the damage doesn't kill players straight up but usually long after Im already dead they die from the dots too.

Personally even as someone who played assa/sub in RBG (sub for carrying assa for pretty much everything else) I would say get some decent weak auras (check Ezo's post here) and go sub all the way.

I know it will suck at the start because sub always shines with better gear on but its the way to go. You will literally never be kited and you will apply burst at will and not as far as CDs allow. Oh and you will have blind.

I will go sub main / outlaw offspec. Good luck with whatever you decide.
    What do you think about Feral?

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Feral is great overall but you would only step in RBGs if you switched to boomie or resto so feral becomes a niche arena spec. Heres the problem now: You have an astonishingly shining outlaw/sub or sub/outlaw specs (btw early pvp with outlaw is fantastic) and you also have DH with insane mobility quite some survival at 110 etc. Bringing a 3rd melee leather is automatically not very viable or at least I wouldnt give away 3rd to a feral.

I think if you hate sub definitely try outlaw its extremely fun and its utility vs 2+ targets is great. Sub can do it too but its a bit more demanding with targetting etc outlaw feels yolo but its a well thought spec to bring out the damage.

Whatever you decide in the end make sure you enjoy it because after all BGs are done it will still be just you and your toon
    Both are great in the arena imo. Rogue's usefullness comes with control and Feral's comes with healing the teammates. Since healing takes more time than Blinding or Sapping, Sub can do more damage in that period, but Feral's real damage potential comes from bleeds. With 'Rake and Rip', you can dot an another enemy instantly. While healing your ally, your dots will keep ticking. I don't hate Sub, I loved the mobility, but the rotation is just spamming Shadowstrike. That's why I didn't like the Shadowburn build of Destro.

Let's compare Outlaw with Feral in the control category. Feral has Mighty Bash, Root, Incapacitate(With PvP talent for Maim). Outlaw has Blind, Gauge, Sap and a ranged stun. Maim is almost equal to Gauge. Go Between the Eyes is better than Mighty Bash. Blind and Sap own Root. If Feral had the control of Rogue, then it would be undisputed anyway.

I just don't like the Roll the Bones mechanic.

I've been playing a shit ton of BGs as assassination and I feel like mobility is a HUGE issue. Shadowstep and sprint being the only options for closing gaps is kind of shitty, so I feel like sub is going to take the cake based on mobility, and providing much more control through shadow dance and cheap shots, it seems like sub will win out.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

I feel like sub is very strong but random battlegrounds against clueless rerollers isn't a true picture. I feel like sub's damage is much better compared to pre-patch. Nightblade does enormous damage. Sub pvp talents are pretty nice, phantom assassin makes a big difference and I'm looking forward to thief's bargain.

Combat looks good of course, but I feel sub will be stronger in arena where we will kited much more intensely and where landing step-kicks makes a huge difference. Assassination doesn't look good imo, no control, no mobility, it's only good for topping bg damage charts.
    Last edited by lolpve; 2016-09-02 at 11:16 AM.

Assassination has insane damage output and burst but no control and no mobility. That's where sub is going to shine. I think arenas sub will be dominant with blind and shadow dance providing the control that rogues are brought to 3s for.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.