Page 62 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I simply prefer Dark Pact because it allows me to do shit that otherwise would be impossible like deliberately talking fire and not move.

BR - nothing well placed gateway and circle can not handle IMO.

Dungs, I'm not doing any besides weekly +12 and Kara.
    I did a NB run last night Destro, without BR - a good group (I was the PUG and lowest ilvl). I have never felt so carried in my life and it was mostly due to being late to most fights ). Monks, Rogue, Bear and by the time I tried to AoE (as in by the time I caught up with the group ) mobs were almost dead. Starting at the same time FnB + Sac was really good, except against the monk.
    I am overstating as the melees did enough AoE so I wasn't really needed.

Something else that irked me, I actually thought cleave would work like previous NB runs but both on Curator and NB the adds died too fast (Havoc and they died mid Chaos Bolt cast). When overgearing fights destro looks like it loses a lot of usability.
    Last edited by dakalro; 2016-12-15 at 10:10 AM.

Deleted
    Something else that irked me, I actually thought cleave would work like previous NB runs but both on Curator and NB the adds died too fast (Havoc and they died mid Chaos Bolt cast). When overgearing fights destro looks like it loses a lot of usability.
    From my last NB run, i noticed that i killed orbs alone on curator (i did more than 80% of the dps on its).
    Just tell them to focus on the boss and that you will handle the adds

Same things can be applied when raiding because some things need to be killed but doesn't need an instant focus (and raid leader will call an instant switch "just to be safe").
    But in fact it's just need to be killed on times : Treant on cenerius, image of ursoc, pirate on helya, etc ...
    People loosing dps while switching should not switch if it's not mandatory for the raid.

It's something that i noticed during Cenarius MM, can be apply to multiple fight and is closely tied to havoc and dots spec.

I'm trying to plot out talent and legendary choices for post-patch. Unfortunately, I've never been good at handling sims, especially when lots of variables get throw in. So maybe a bored theorycrafted can throw me a bone, at least on general planning.

The three legendaries at my disposal are Magistrike Restraints, Odr, and Prydaz. Obviously, right now I'm running Wreak Havoc with Magistrike and Ord, so that I have Havoc as a maintenance debuff in ST and go completely crazy in any cleave situation. The thing is that post-patch, Prydaz is getting a massive buff to its stat budget, and Channel Demonfire is getting all sorts of upgrades.

Will the optimal combination for all situations still be Wreak, Magistrike, Odr? Or would there be any place for subbing in Prydaz and Channel Demonfire for certain conditions (like pure ST raid boss or Teeming Keystone runs)? Part of me really wants an excuse to use Demonfire, because the base Destro rotation is just so damned boring, but I'm not willing to sacrifice 10% of my DPS for it. Though that said I'm casual enough that if it's just a 2% or 3% DPS difference I might do it anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's kinda early to call, IMO. I'd imagine Magistrike will still be BiS in any case where it can be used. Nerfed Feretory will be like 3-4% damage increase, maybe even less, because with tier we will have much more shards by default to begin with and extra ilvls naturally mean more stats for shard generation.

I wonder about 2 new Legendaries, they look decent.

It's kinda early to call, IMO.
    I was afraid that'd be the answer. Well, actually that was my second fear. My first fear was that the answer would be, "The number of possible permutations of talents and available legendary items makes it nigh impossible to give a good answer without simming your specific situation personally. And then do it all again from scratch when you get a new legendary or the legendary cap bumps from 2 to 3."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    I was afraid that'd be the answer. Well, actually that was my second fear. My first fear was that the answer would be, "The number of possible permutations of talents and available legendary items makes it nigh impossible to give a good answer without simming your specific situation personally. And then do it all again from scratch when you get a new legendary or the legendary cap bumps from 2 to 3."
    Welllll it's not like I am sort of expert on such topics though, I am sure some more dedicated people already have adjusted or preliminary sims running with rough adjustments, maybe they can comment.

Does anyone know if this guide will be updated soon for 7.1.5?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrigenn View Post
    Does anyone know if this guide will be updated soon for 7.1.5?
    It will probably be updated, but I wouldn't expect it to be updated before 7.1.5 actually hits live servers.

Deleted
    Hey fellow warlocks.

I just got a 895 Brinewater slime in a bottle, but it rolled versitality... my current trinkets are stat-stick 870 with haste and 880 Swarming plaguehive.
    is it worth replacing Brinewater slime with any of my current trinkets?

My character name is Rayce and its in Silvermoon(EU) in case you would like to check out my armory and my current stat-weights

Any piece of advice will be nice since I honestly have no idea what to do... Sims say it's better with the 895 n 870 together.. but I wanted to check your opinion too.

Replace plaguehive any time there's more than 1 target. Pretty sure the 870 is probably already competitive if not better on ST than plaguehive and will be flat out better in multi-target.

Dmg proc trinkets are not great for destro. Passive int trinkets are the bees knees.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    What about the haste loss? loosing around 3% haste.
    that leaves me around 33% haste from 36%
    Plus - 7.1.5 stat nerf is coming? is it really worth loosing that much haste for versitality + int?

Destruction has no break points or anything, haste is generally a tiny bit more valuable than other stats is all. You could have 0% haste and still be wearing better gear if it was high enough ilvl or the right pieces.

Haste also starts to lose value relative to other stats past 30%, not by much but they're so close in the first place it genuinely doesn't matter.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2016-12-19 at 04:05 PM.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayce View Post
    What about the haste loss? loosing around 3% haste.
    that leaves me around 33% haste from 36%
    Plus - 7.1.5 stat nerf is coming? is it really worth loosing that much haste for versitality + int?
    1) an 890 trinket with int + secondary is overpowered. No matter what stat
    2) I would kill for that trinket
    3) Versatility is actually quite good once you get good gear
    4) Haste loses value above 30%
    5) It is probably the best you could've hoped for.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Burning Rush is just so good because it helps mitigate a large part of what makes warlock suffer. You don't have movement spells so reducing the time you spend not casting valuable spells because you're moving is reduced by burning rush.

Burning rush also makes orbs on Helya so much more forgiving on such a slow class.
    Why wouldn't you just use teleport? There's really no need for a warlock to run from orbs

Quote Originally Posted by Turturin the Warlock View Post
    Why wouldn't you just use teleport? There's really no need for a warlock to run from orbs
    Because it has a 30 sec cd and I'm using it not only for orbs but to soak tentacles as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, each guild does things it's way, but in general warlocks are not supposed to be on soaking duty there or at the very least there are just better options there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Because it has a 30 sec cd and I'm using it not only for orbs but to soak tentacles as well.
    Dear god not on mythic I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    It will probably be updated, but I wouldn't expect it to be updated before 7.1.5 actually hits live servers.
    That's currently the plan.

Deleted
    Well, each guild does things it's way, but in general warlocks are not supposed to be on soaking duty there or at the very least there are just better options there.
    Our guild doesn't have allot of mages/hunters/spriests to soak, so we do it the old fashioned way, with multiple people in it. But then we are not getting reliably out of P1 HC atm so.... Helya is just Aids on steroids tbh.

Hi,

I've just done a WQ Heroic Dungeon with another Destro lock...
    Having a little chat afterwards...
    He was running like 45% Mastery vs my 79% Mastery...and then he had more crit compared to me...
    my stats
    Crit 18%
    Haste 27%
    Mastery 79%

Can someone advise if I should lose alot of the mastery?
    Armory

Any info would be much appreciated..
    Thanks