Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

What are warlocks good at?

What can a warlock do that any other class can not do better?

I saw the recent blue post regarding class balancing, and it looks to me warlocks will not receive any tuning.

Multi-dotting? From what I hear shadow priests won't be strong multidotters in BfA, so warlocks will probably rule that niche.

No need to balance warlocks. Aslong as they can summon slackers in PuG's it's alllll good!

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    Multi-dotting? From what I hear shadow priests won't be strong multidotters in BfA, so warlocks will probably rule that niche.
    With 3+ targets, Spriests win out the last time I looked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doom and Gloom.

Priests and Demon Hunters have some pretty good gloom, Shaman have a little bit of doom, but Warlocks are still best.
    /s

right now affliction warlocks are pretty weak at AoE, we are only good on single target fights wich we dont see many in m+

Pretty good at not dying at least, I feel slightly godlike on my warlock.
    (a while since I tried pvp though)

Spam fear. No one can do that. You can spam an abiliy that prevents another player from being able to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    With 3+ targets, Spriests win out the last time I looked.
    When was the last time you looked though? Logs for prepatch on Coven have Warlocks solidly on top, while Shadow Priests are below Rogues (and Druids at some brackets).

Not the best to go by with an outdated raid, but there's nowhere else to look at data. Coven is the best multidotting fight we have available at the moment.

Our survivability is good-soul leech is a fantastic ability against constant raid damage. We are going to be staples in mythic+ dungeons with an AoE stun and a Combat Ress. I've heard they stopped healthstones sharing a CD with pots so they're always useful. Pets bring a wide variety of utility, including succubus now slowing and felhunter eating debuffs. We might not do much better than anyone else right now, but we have a huge amount of utility.

Everything that Shadow Priests should be but are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Rym44 View Post
    What can a warlock do that any other class can not do better?
    Rain down death and destruction. IMHO no other class can walk thru a zone multi dotting as they go as their blueberry holds aggro on everything. It really is silly. I sometimes see how many things I can pull before I die. 10? 20? 30? mobs. I fear nothing on my lock as I quest. Kill quests takes maybe 15 secs if there is a enough mobs grouped within our range.

10+ Year Old Account
    The answer is obviously...

Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    The rotation is more fun so far; at least for me since I'm new to locks.
    Mages are way better at spamming one spell until you want to pluck out your eyeballs than warlocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Destro has pretty excellent 2 target cleave! And it's gorgeoussssssss

Dying to rogues

Warlocks are excellent at style. Anything else is just gravy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks are good at being morally grey (TM).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    Mages > locks in PVE. Gonna be playing a lock just because I never played them but it seems very mediocre; I summon other people (not really great for me), healthstones share cd with health pot, blink/shimmer is just superior to any lock mobility talent ... survivability is meh; mage immunity and shield are better overall for absorbing burst damage which is what matters at the end. Need to handle pet glitching some times .. no arcane intellect and no hero. You need a pet for a weaker polymorph. Combat res is also meh; too many classes have it: dk/druid/hunter and it's not like you can use it on cd; it has a raid cd thing. I guess AOE stun is the only thing you bring to the table; shame it has a god damn cast time though even though now it has a much shorter duration. The rotation is more fun so far; at least for me since I'm new to locks.
    Oh how wrong you are on so many levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water