Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Well both have a right to freely express themselves with whatever thought immediately pops in their head. Generalized statements and jumping to conclusions and all.

- - - Updated - - -

They're saying that you can talk about illegal immigration and other "non PC" topics without going at it like Trump does.
    first off What does the orange baboon have to do with it?
    Secondly that's not true anymore, if you're opinion on illegal immigration is anything other then complete amnesty you are labeled a racist by someone incorrectly assuming your intent
    Last edited by stabetha; 2016-08-29 at 06:07 PM.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    That's the intrinsic contradiction in modern rightwinged populism.
    They want freedom of speech, except when it's used against them.
    They want the government to be as small as possible, except when they can use it to ban stuff they don't want.
    They constantly create threads, being triggered by every little thing, then complain that the left is triggered.
    Etc, etc.
    is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that for as much as they love to throw around "SJW" as a pejorative, about 99% of all threads and twitter comments and facebook posts flung around that meet the criteria of a "SJW" are actually right-wing ideologies?

i like how the conservative narrative is to basically describe their method of public engagement completely, slap a slur on it, and then say "except we're rubber and you're glue so this only applies to lefties"

"SJW" is a right-wing term for right-wing behaviors, and it's kind of hilarious to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pingasman82 View Post
    Political correctness isn't bad, TOO MUCH political correctness is bad... you know, just like too much of anything is bad... just because people aren't super PC doesn't mean they're assholess either you know. It's not X or Y, it's a spectrum, a gradient. And yes, I think too much PC is bad, because it enables people to do stupid shit because they're poor/brown/religious/gay and d'awww they just had a rough life so it is OK. Just treat everyone with respect, no special treatment.
    But they don't get to do "stupid shit" because of their race/past whatever. By "stupid shit" I assume you mean illegal activities? The law will still bring them to justice if they broke any.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    What does the orange baboon have to do with it?
    He's an example of what is "non PC" with the way he talks about immigration.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Yeah, I wonder what kind of parents people so weak as to whine on forums daily about evil SJWs/feminists/PC/liberals/leftists would make.

People complaining about PC tend to be the most thin-skinned people ever. Which is just one of thousands different ironies about them!
    Nope it's because some people aren't on the superficial "mah right wing" . "mah left wing" . "mah irony" hehehe some of us understand that the right of free speech is more important than that. Right now it's under attack by the left but if the right was in charge they'd be attacking it also. The only reason most of you don't care is because it's your side doing it so that makes it fine and dandy. Yeah well it won't be that way forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    funny how this whole "omg the world is full of pussies and political correctness has gone too far" always focuses on blacks and women and never on, for example, the parent's television council or the MPAA ratings system.
    Sorry it was just the first example I could think of off the top of my head.

Its not the 'lone fuckits' specifically, but more the general attitude that no feathers under any circumstances should be ruffled and that leads to taking the beliefs/opinions/knee-jerk reactions of those lone fuckwits into consideration.

Recently i feel there has been a backlash against PC and surprisingly from the younger generation who have been force feed this shit pretty much their whole lives. I pay respect to those kids who think independently from what they are told is correct and what they see for themselves is incorrect. Maybe there is hope
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Oh ok. So having someone overhearing a joke about dongles you made to a friend, and getting you fired for it, is just not being able to take criticism.

Got it.
    If you got fired for making a sexually inappropriate joke about dongles, it isn't because someone else overheard you and "got you fired", it's because you made a sexually inappropriate joke and deserved to get fired for it.

Maybe try not breaking company policy next time? And taking some responsibility for your own behaviour?

If someone reported me for taking my lunch break at my scheduled time, my bosses wouldn't fire me, because my actions aren't against company policy. If you get fired for breaking policy, the fault is yours, not the person who pointed it out to your employer.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Oh ok. So having someone overhearing a joke about dongles you made to a friend, and getting you fired for it, is just not being able to take criticism.

Got it.
    the person overhearing the joke didn't get them fired, the manager or the company policy got them fired.

you know what i think is hilarious? referring to human spawn as "disgusting bowls of crotch fruit", because i fucking loathe children.
    i also think it's ironic and poignant when lampooning conservative positions to refer to their view of blacks as being "obsolete farm equipment".
    but guess what i've never said out loud in my office?
    is that "political correctness gone too far"? am i being censored?

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If you got fired for making a sexually inappropriate joke about dongles, it isn't because someone else overheard you and "got you fired", it's because you made a sexually inappropriate joke and deserved to get fired for it.

Maybe try not breaking company policy next time? And taking some responsibility for your own behaviour?
    What a load of crap. Do you work in HR by chance?

That is something a HR rep would say which indicates zero capacity for common sense.
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

Deleted
    All "political correctness" is, is "deciding not to be a dick to people". That's it.

I really don't see how being pro-dickery is a defensible stance. Sure, you're "saying what you want", but that just means you're being a dick to people. I don't see why anyone should be proud of that.
    Too much tolerance breeds intolerance. One you can't criticize backwards, violent ideology because of PC "racism", you know you failed as society. It's not about pro-dickery, it's about not tolerating people that are flat out dicks.

Yeah I'd say its gone too far in many countries, specifically the U.S. The bullshit now we see with ''safe spaces'' in colleges where all taboo topics are not allowed is just a total crock of shit. College is supposed to open your mind and introduce you to differences in opinions and debates not keep you in a bubble from the real world.

The whole gripe against PC is so often hypocritical. People like to pretend that they can take constructive criticism but it seems so much that it is very much not true. Just the other day, had to tell a new mid-level hire that he has to refactor his garbage code and amazingly, he takes so much offense that he removes me from his Facebook. I guess I won't see him crying how PC has made people soft anymore?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slitheroutfromtherocks View Post
    Nope it's because some people aren't on the superficial "mah right wing" . "mah left wing" . "mah irony" hehehe some of us understand that the right of free speech is more important than that. Right now it's under attack by the left but if the right was in charge they'd be attacking it also. The only reason most of you don't care is because it's your side doing it so that makes it fine and dandy. Yeah well it won't be that way forever.
    Oh, you think I am on the left on the political spectrum? Buddy, you know nothing.

This isn't about "left/right" nonsense. Political correctness is about encouraging people to be nice to each other. I understand that for eternal jerks it can be threatening, but who cares about them anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post
    What a load of crap. Do you work in HR by chance?

That is something a HR rep would say which indicates zero capacity for common sense.
    How so?

Breaking company policy is grounds for dismissal, and pretty much every place I've worked has had company policies that ruled out sexual innuendoes and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    Its not the 'lone fuckits' specifically, but more the general attitude that no feathers under any circumstances should be ruffled and that leads to taking the beliefs/opinions/knee-jerk reactions of those lone fuckwits into consideration.
    which would be fine if that were the case, but it's not.

just like how the right-wing has lost its collective fucking mind over clinton's email servers when apparently when bush did *the exact same thing only with tens of millions of emails* and nobody gave a shit, it's the basic hypocrisy of a morally self righteous conservative ideology shitting its pants over someone else doing what they themselves do all the time, and then trying to backtrack and claim they care about the principle of the thing.

you're not fooling anyone.

If you get fired for breaking policy, the fault is yours, not the person who pointed it out to your employer.
    Alternatively, the policy is stupid.

10+ Year Old Account

If someone reported me for taking my lunch break at my scheduled time, my bosses wouldn't fire me, because my actions aren't against company policy. If you get fired for breaking policy, the fault is yours, not the person who pointed it out to your employer.
    Yes, because what you do outside company time, between your friends, really needs to be reported. God forbid people have fun and crack jokes.

Also, nice victim blaming. Sure feels good when it's justified to hold up the cause isn't it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    Alternatively, the policy is stupid.
    Doesn't really matter. You knew what the policy was, and you broke it. Company policy might say you have to wear your stupid little paper hat while on duty, and that means you wear that stupid little hat.

Or you get fired for not playing by their rules. And that's your fault, not the fault of the person who pointed it out to your boss.

Quote Originally Posted by slitheroutfromtherocks View Post
    this is patent bullshit, and i don't know if it's because you're simply ignorant or because you think you're getting away with lying.

the right is far more "PC" (in the pejorative sense) than the left is, and has far more parties with the actively pronounced intent to limit speech.
    and yet neither you nor any of these other defenders of liberty getting riled up about what pussies the human race has turned into seem to give any shits about that.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Oh, you think I am on the left on the political spectrum? Buddy, you know nothing.

This isn't about "left/right" nonsense. Political correctness is about encouraging people to be nice to each other. I understand that for eternal jerks it can be threatening, but who cares about them anyway?
    Sorry man, you can be incredibly nice to people without having to jump through all the hoops and language requirements and disclaimers that PC language and culture saddles you with. That the equation always comes to 'comply with PC rules or you can't be considered nice/fair/etc' is a crock.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.