Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    We do have a written code. It is called US federal case law, which has ruled definitively for decades that schools have not just a right but a responsibility to take strong restrictive measures to prevent disruption, because they are not public forums in most cases and students have a right to the school grounds being safe and secure.

- - - Updated - - -

How will they meet the demand? If it's so simple, just answer the damn question. How can a private company monetize a six million acre water system?
    If the demand is there, they buy it, and sell the water.

7+ Year Old Account
    Dude, for the thousandth time, it is not punishment to be disallowed something you were never entitled to. For example, you are not being punished if I don't invite you over for dinner, because you were never entitled to my fucking dinner.
    It was open to the public, so yes they were entitled to entry and cannot be arbitrarily turned down. It was not a private forum for watchers.

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    Because, there are over three hundred million people in this country and they all do not accurately represent the values of our country. Our government, for instance.

If you asked me what values the government represented (both parties) I would say: lies, corruption and greed.

With over three hundred million people we also have people that are for oppression, enslavement, etc. We have some thieves, gangsters and murderers too. They are not representing the values of this country. In fact they care nothing for this country and only really care about themselves.

The flag represents the vast majority of Americans (past and present) that value things like: bravery, family, sacrifice, freedom and compassion.
    But those things were the values of the country from the very start. If you don't believe so, then you should ask yourself why you don't think about those things, and only think about the positives when you say what the flag represents. (Hint: it's indoctrination)

No, it does not. You still don't fucking get it. The administration of the school has wiiiiiiiiiiiide leeway. For example, they don't have to wait to see if allowing students to attend school in their underwear will be disruptive, they can just use reason to assume it probably would be, and then ban it ahead of time. They don't need to wait to see if allowing a klan klub on campus will be disruptive.

- - - Updated - - -

Sweet, so, kill a few million, save a few million, all the same right? Your disregard for human life is sick,
    I never disregard human life. I have never killed a human being in my life. I only support war in self defense. The government is starting these wars and I would bet you that the vast majority of the American people do not support these wars either.

I already said what I think of our government in an earlier post so I won't bother repeating it. Why do you think only 80-100 million people vote total in each election out of 350 million plus? Most people are just disgusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuke View Post
    I've yet to meet a redneck who considered that term offensive. If you'd prefer I call them ignorant southerners I can do that.
    Long as your racism is directed at white people, I guess it's okay.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    But those things were the values of the country from the very start. If you don't believe so, then you should ask yourself why you don't think about those things, and only think about the positives when you say what the flag represents. (Hint: it's indoctrination)
    I know our history hasn't been all good and glorious. People (and countries) aren't perfect, no country is. Those are the values we represent and strive for. Do we always succeed, of course not. We are a "work in progress."

I know our history hasn't been all good and glorious. People (and countries) aren't perfect, no country is. Those are the values we represent and strive for. Do we always succeed, of course not. We are a "work in progress."
    But has it really been something we've strived for throughout our history? From the outset, we sought to oppress others, enslave them, and push political agendas and taxation. Our founding fathers did the exact same things we were taught they were trying to fight against. I'm not sure we ever fully succeeded.

If the demand is there, they buy it, and sell the water.
    That's not how a water system works. Maybe you are unaware of this, but the water system is complex and interdependent. The reason the adirondack park and the water system within it is important isn't because they are bottling the fucking water and shipping it out to people. It is important because it feeds all kinds of smaller water systems all over the state. It is physically impossible to trace all of that water and figure out where it is coming from and which reserves are important to which other reserves.

The closest you could get to monetizing it would be to dam the whole thing up and start cutting off access, which would be an undertaking of such insane cost that nobody would ever recover the investment, not to mention that the dams themselves would be massively destructive to the water system itself. Even if you could get past the impossible cost and the environmental destruction, you'd then have the problem that you can't cut people off individually. You can only cut huge areas off, so you would have one area that wants to pay and another that doesn't, you'd have to starve out the people that WANT to pay, meaning you'd cut off WATER to innocent people, many of whom live in remote areas and would die without it.

This is how the real world fucking works. This isn't one of your cute little thought experiments. You need better answers. Fucking child.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    It was open to the public, so yes they were entitled to entry and cannot be arbitrarily turned down. It was not a private forum for watchers.
    Alright, you don't seem to understand what these terms mean. Open to the public means anything can enter, but it does not mean they are not required to follow rules. If I have a store and it is open to the public, and I don't like your shirt, I can tell you to get the fuck out. Public forum is a legal term. It means a place where your free speech rights are protected. Repeat after me until it sinks in: Schools are not public forums. Schools are not public forums. Schools are not public forums. Schools are not public forums. Schools are not public forums. Schools are not public forums. Schools are not public forums. Schools are not public forums. Schools are not public forums. Schools are not public forums. Schools are not public forums.

But has it really been something we've strived for throughout our history? From the outset, we sought to oppress others, enslave them, and push political agendas and taxation. Our founding fathers did the exact same things we were taught they were trying to fight against. I'm not sure we ever fully succeeded.
    From what I have read in the Federalist Papers and other literature from the time (mostly written by some of the founding fathers themselves), these were the values that they were striving for when forming this country. Did they succeed, in some ways yeas and some no. They are just human, so they aren't perfect either.
    It has always been my understanding (through history and literature) that these were the values.

That's just my personal impression from what I have read, seen and experienced. I suppose someone might see, read and experience the same things and get a different impression.

From what I have read in the Federalist Papers and other literature from the time (mostly written by some of the founding fathers themselves), these were the values that they were striving for when forming this country. Did they succeed, in some ways yeas and some no. They are just human, so they aren't perfect either.
    It has always been my understanding (through history and literature) that these were the values.

That's just my personal impression from what I have read, seen and experienced. I suppose someone might see, read and experience the same things and get a different impression.
    They were very, very, very rich people who had very, very, very rich people concerns, and that's about the end of it. The Revolutionary War was about the highest political and economic class of society feeling like they were entitled to running things a different way, and that's it. Their values are arcane and barbaric by today's standards. Jefferson advocated castration as punishment for homosexuality.

10+ Year Old Account
    School officials’ decision to ban students from displaying the American Flag at a recent football game is creating controversy in a South Carolina school district.
    Haaaaaalp! I'm drowning in these clickbait titles!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Alright, you don't seem to understand what these terms mean. Open to the public means anything can enter, but it does not mean they are not required to follow rules. If I have a store and it is open to the public, and I don't like your shirt, I can tell you to get the fuck out. Public forum is a legal term. It means a place where your free speech rights are protected. Repeat after me until it sinks in: Schools are not public forums. Schools are not public forums. Schools are not public forums. Schools are not public forums. Schools are not public forums. Schools are not public forums. Schools are not public forums. Schools are not public forums. Schools are not public forums. Schools are not public forums. Schools are not public forums.
    The store is on private property. Public property and events that are open to the public cannot arbitrarily discriminate against anyone. Equal access means he is entitled to entry during event hours unless there is evidence that he broke a code.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-08-30 at 01:26 AM.

Loyalty in a border is also ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

But what a flag represents is a subjective thing. Does it represent the rugged individualism of many Americans, or the genocide and enslavement of humans? Should it represent everything done under that flag? If so, then I would be very hesitant to wave any flag.

- - - Updated - - -

They sing the National Anthem at games as a form of political indoctrination. It's no different than having children recite the Pledge of Allegiance... it's all just a form of brainwashing.
    If you think the national anthem is brainwashing ANYONE, you're a nutjob. This country is more divided and self-cannibalistic than ever, and guess what? We came from a time and place where the national anthem and pledge of allegiance was a LOT more prevalent. There has never been a single objective study that proves what you're saying, it's nothing more than a talking point from bitter edgelords.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

They were very, very, very rich people who had very, very, very rich people concerns, and that's about the end of it. The Revolutionary War was about the highest political and economic class of society feeling like they were entitled to running things a different way, and that's it. Their values are arcane and barbaric by today's standards. Jefferson advocated castration as punishment for homosexuality.
    I don't agree with everything they did and said. It was also a very different time. The basic values that formed this country also happen to be the same values as the age of enlightenment- that is why they are so well established. That is also why they were the same values espoused by the founding fathers, because they were part of that movement. They didn't create these values, they just agreed with them (or at least they seem to according to their writings).

That's not how a water system works. Maybe you are unaware of this, but the water system is complex and interdependent. The reason the adirondack park and the water system within it is important isn't because they are bottling the fucking water and shipping it out to people. It is important because it feeds all kinds of smaller water systems all over the state. It is physically impossible to trace all of that water and figure out where it is coming from and which reserves are important to which other reserves.

The closest you could get to monetizing it would be to dam the whole thing up and start cutting off access, which would be an undertaking of such insane cost that nobody would ever recover the investment, not to mention that the dams themselves would be massively destructive to the water system itself. Even if you could get past the impossible cost and the environmental destruction, you'd then have the problem that you can't cut people off individually. You can only cut huge areas off, so you would have one area that wants to pay and another that doesn't, you'd have to starve out the people that WANT to pay, meaning you'd cut off WATER to innocent people, many of whom live in remote areas and would die without it.

This is how the real world fucking works. This isn't one of your cute little thought experiments. You need better answers. Fucking child.

- - - Updated - - -

You are an angry one today, someone must have gotten under your skin. if it's not work it in value, then someone will not provide the service. People can go elsewhere. You say there is a demand, then someone can find a way to be the supplier. Stop being a pussy, and wanting the government to do everything for you. If you're not careful, the government may poison your water supply, as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    If you think the national anthem is brainwashing ANYONE, you're a nutjob. This country is more divided and self-cannibalistic than ever, and guess what? We came from a time and place where the national anthem and pledge of allegiance was a LOT more prevalent. There has never been a single objective study that proves what you're saying, it's nothing more than a talking point from bitter edgelords.
    You just proved my point for me. Indoctrination and brainwashing are designed to get people to go along with an agenda or narrative. You literally just proved my point, thanks.

Why else would you have small children recite a pledge?

Here's an experiment, say the ABC's out loud.....

Did you say them to the tune of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star?

Any comments from Trump or Clinton?

Glad I started this thread. Always nice to see the keyboard warriors who handwave this sort of bullshit and argue semantics. Why anyone would fight for your freedom of speech is beyond me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.

Banned from South Carlina? I'm not aware of that state.
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    I'm sure the box that is marked "fighting for others freedom to post online" is highly checked when people say why they signed up for the Armed Force! Not college ot money.
    Dont be daft. Unlike the unprincipled pussies on this board, alot of soldiers actually have some honor and pride and patriotism. These days it seems like hating on who we are is the national pastime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well travel to south carolina and bring an American flag to show them all, then.

Either put up or shut up.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.