Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Arms is that high. Can't speak for all the other specs, but Focused Rage Arms in a single target raid situation absolutely dominates.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Weslay972 View Post
    Me i found this simcraft on noxxic
    http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/
    I dont know if its good or not
    I don't know what Noxxic are using for those rankings but it's not simcraft and may well involve drugs and an Arcane mage attempting the Arms rotation out of jealousy.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    Part of the issue I feel is that right now there are a dozen or so different SimC reports going around with no context on fight length, ST vs Cleave vs AoE, talents or rotations. This is made worse by the fact that a lot of them vary significantly for the numbers they have.
    People need to keep in mind that SimC hasn't officially posted the new stuff on the website - they still have WoD T18 up right now. Everything that you've seen so far is what people who've access to the tool have shared on their own. It's for the reasons I previously outlined that they haven't yet done the official release. Once those are out they can be relied on with a higher degree of certainty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellof View Post
    People need to keep in mind that SimC hasn't officially posted the new stuff on the website - they still have WoD T18 up right now. Everything that you've seen so far is what people who've access to the tool have shared on their own. It's for the reasons I previously outlined that they haven't yet done the official release. Once those are out they can be relied on with a higher degree of certainty.
    As this is the warrior forum we can assume the OP is referring to the warrior sims. Since the people maintaining the Warrior profiles have already stated that the warrior sims are accurate, we can rely on the warrior sims with the same degree of certainty as an official posting.

Deleted
    Always only use simcraft as a guideline. Play the spec and class you like, get good at it, and beat everyone else anyway, despite what any simulations tells.
    I have been somewhere in the top of the charts as a arms warrior, even in times where arms was ranked very low..

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightwolve View Post
    As this is the warrior forum we can assume the OP is referring to the warrior sims. Since the people maintaining the Warrior profiles have already stated that the warrior sims are accurate, we can rely on the warrior sims with the same degree of certainty as an official posting.
    If you re-read the post I was quoting when I made that statement, he was talking about how there are a lot of varying sims being posted in different threads, forums, and web sites. For the reason that we do not know the details of these sims and cannot know if the sources are legitimate, we can't actually assume for those postings that even the Warrior results are accurate. For results which have been posted by Archi and Sarri, we can trust those, but to all of the others being referenced in the quote we cannot.

mages are no longer the top!
    long live the almighty arms warrior!

Quote Originally Posted by wrastor View Post
    I wouldn't discredit all the sims. Like Tellof said, the profiles are managed by groups of people who are dedicated and are constantly optimizing the APLs and putting the parses together. WoD is kind of irrelevant now anyway. In my experience, I've done more DPS with the FR spamstring build with ilvl 810 than I do with IFTK/Trauma/OpS by a lot. And I won't say I'm terrible at my character, but there is some truth behind why FR build is better than standard.
    The best build I've found, by far, is having 3x points in slam damage in your strom'kar, and going 2,3,3,1,1,2,2. When I take dauntless at level 110, I'm always rage capped, and overpower just hits too hard to pass up. I feel like the FR build is badass, but your CS uptime is too low this early in the expac to make full use of it, ontop of that, if your MS doesn't crit, it feels pretty pathetic; adding an entire layer of RNG over the Tactician RNG.

Idk I don't think we'll get one "solid build" for a month or more because of how customizable gear/artifacts are.

edit: I'd kind of like to clarify what I meant when I bashed on sims. When you have a spec like arms, where the entire spec revolves around pure RNG to actually do damage, an average dps statistic created from 10,000 simulations is not an accurate number at all because of how large the error margin is. You just need to accept that with an optimal build ( which I don't think exist in the same way other spec's optimal build exist, arms is all about timing your abilities properly ), you will sometimes be blowing people away by 20% or more or literally get 7 colossus smashes off in a fight and do 60k dps.
    Last edited by wakoble; 2016-09-01 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wakoble View Post
    The best build I've found, by far, is having 3x points in slam damage in your strom'kar, and going 2,3,3,1,1,2,2. When I take dauntless at level 110, I'm always rage capped, and overpower just hits too hard to pass up. I feel like the FR build is badass, but your CS uptime is too low this early in the expac to make full use of it, ontop of that, if your MS doesn't crit, it feels pretty pathetic; adding an entire layer of RNG over the Tactician RNG.

Idk I don't think we'll get one "solid build" for a month or more because of how customizable gear/artifacts are.

edit: I'd kind of like to clarify what I meant when I bashed on sims. When you have a spec like arms, where the entire spec revolves around pure RNG to actually do damage, an average dps statistic created from 10,000 simulations is not an accurate number at all because of how large the error margin is. You just need to accept that with an optimal build ( which I don't think exist in the same way other spec's optimal build exist, arms is all about timing your abilities properly ), you will sometimes be blowing people away by 20% or more or literally get 7 colossus smashes off in a fight and do 60k dps.
    pretty much this. Sometimes I get shit on sometimes I absolutely destroy. They need to lower smash's cd idc if they nerf our dmg

Quote Originally Posted by wakoble View Post

You know sims display the spread in dps right ? Not just the median number... And yes arms has the 3rd biggest dps spread of any spec in the game. But worst case scenario FR arms still beat best case scenario Fury/standard arms.

Also CS uptime isn't affected by any of our stats bare haste in some way. So except for tier bonuses I dunno how you hope to achieve better CS uptime...

Quote Originally Posted by Knightwolve View Post
    There is some inaccuracy. Fury is a bit lower than it should be, because some jackass changed my APL when they compiled the sample profiles. Once my APL is restored, Fury will go up ~20k, but it's not enough to seriously affect the rankings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ellianar View Post
    Also CS uptime isn't affected by any of our stats bare haste in some way. So except for tier bonuses I dunno how you hope to achieve better CS uptime...
    Technically Crit plays a small role on CS uptime, as AA crits result in more rage, which result in being able to spend more rage, and thus gain more chances to reset CS.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    There is some inaccuracy. Fury is a bit lower than it should be, because some jackass changed my APL when they compiled the sample profiles. Once my APL is restored, Fury will go up ~20k, but it's not enough to seriously affect the rankings.
    At the end of the day do you still think we will sit approximately in this ranking with FR-Arms that crazy high but with fury and standard arms mid to lower-mid tier?

Also, you say warrior sims are pretty accurate, do you know at what level of accuracy the other melee are? particularly DK/DH? It just seems crazy to me that Legion went from DKs leading the charts and we were in lower tier, to now even unholy is simming below the preferred specs of most other classes.

I am really enjoying fury, but detest FR-Arms, I just want to make sure that we are not going to be forced into FR-Arms for mythic progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Donimic View Post
    At the end of the day do you still think we will sit approximately in this ranking with FR-Arms that crazy high but with fury and standard arms mid to lower-mid tier?
    "not enough to seriously affect the rankings".

Also, you say warrior sims are pretty accurate, do you know at what level of accuracy the other melee are? particularly DK/DH? It just seems crazy to me that Legion went from DKs leading the charts and we were in lower tier, to now even unholy is simming below the preferred specs of most other classes.
    No, I don't care about other classes.

I am really enjoying fury, but detest FR-Arms, I just want to make sure that we are not going to be forced into FR-Arms for mythic progression.
    If you don't like it, don't play it.

and going 2,3,3,1,1,2,2...I assume you mean talent selections looking left to right with 2 being middle 3 being far right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bram24 View Post
    and going 2,3,3,1,1,2,2...I assume you mean talent selections looking left to right with 2 being middle 3 being far right?
    Yeah, for example:

1 2 3
    1 2 3
    1 2 3
    1 2 3
    1 2 3
    1 2 3
    1 2 3

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Yeah, for example:

1 2 3
    1 2 3
    1 2 3
    1 2 3
    1 2 3
    1 2 3
    1 2 3
    Thanks...I had FR in my tree and wasn't doing nearly the damage I could do in Fury. Now I am at the same level dps wise and I also find this build more enjoyable...this will make dual leveling of specs much more fun. Again, thanks for posting.