Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Thumbs down WoD levelling is abysmally slow

In Legion, each level in WoD takes on average slightly more than 2 hours, that is 22 hours to get to the actual content, more than a week of playing. That is approx. four times as much as MoP. It seems it was made artificially long for selling level 100 boosts, which upsets me. They should've just reduce the experience needed by 30% as with all the other expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    In Legion, each level in WoD takes on average slightly more than 2 hours, that is 22 hours to get to the actual content, more than a week of playing. That is approx. four times as much as MoP. It seems it was made artificially long for selling level 100 boosts, which upsets me. They should've just reduce the experience needed by 30% as with all the other expansions.
    You can start Legion at level 98, just so you know, so that helps a little

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

10+ Year Old Account
    Or you can boost.

Are you sure its not just you, that's terrible at doing the optional DPS? I've level'ed 3 chars to 110 and 2 of them where sub 100 when I began. WOD at worst took me 2 hours to do, all 10 levels. WOD with hierlooms is litterly an AOE fest, the higher AOE the better.
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanines View Post
    Are you sure its not just you, that's terrible at doing the optional DPS? I've level'ed 3 chars to 110 and 2 of them where sub 100 when I began. WOD at worst took me 2 hours to do, all 10 levels. WOD with hierlooms is litterly an AOE fest, the higher AOE the better.
    Indeed. Even if you don't have Draenor Pathfinder, it's nowhere near 2 hours per level if you know what to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Holy fuck. If we banned everyone that simply posted for attention-whoring purposes half the site would go dark.

First the lvl 100 boost didn't come out until the end of WoD so that has nothing to do with lvl 100 boosts. Secondly get the addon handynotes and the draenor treasures module for it. Get some garrison exp potions go collect all the treasures and do the bonus areas in zones and be 100 in a few hours. It will be longer if you haven't unlocked Draenor flying though.

Eh?

I leveled an alt 90-100 back in 6.2, with just 3 heirlooms and the garrison EXP potion, in about 6 hours /played. Just flew around looting treasures and clearing bonus objectives, and spamming dungeons. Didn't even complete half of the first zone.

Bonus objectives will give you like 15-20% exp each, treasures give around 3-4% exp, and dungeons will give you around 20-30% each (big heap of bonus exp for completion)
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-09-11 at 09:37 PM.

By abysmally slow, you mean hilariously quick, yes? Ok, cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanines View Post
    2 hours? Riiiiiiiight.

Fast leveling is pointless anyway as you need what, five factions up to friendly to open the daily, er, I mean world quests. You are gonna have to quest in all five zones regardless. I think it's something around 500 quests. I'm estimating based on a boosted toon that did no questing prior to legion.

WOD leveling is waaay too fast.

What a ridiculous post. 22 hours of gameplay is "abysmally slow" now. Oookay. I see you've got that special brand of asinine whiner hyperbole down to a tee.

WoD leveling is fast. It's absolutely silly to complain about it. If you're THAT helpless - character boosts are for you.

Quote Originally Posted by thelightthatstrays View Post
    2 hours? Riiiiiiiight.

Fast leveling is pointless anyway as you need what, five factions up to friendly to open the daily, er, I mean world quests. You are gonna have to quest in all five zones regardless. I think it's something around 500 quests. I'm estimating based on a boosted toon that did no questing prior to legion.
    We are talking about Draenor not Broken Isles taking only a couple hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, Warlords of Draenor leveling was WAY too fast, so it is good with a change.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    We are talking about Draenor not Broken Isles taking only a couple hours.
    Oh, right. My bad. They shoulda taken advantage of the free lvl 100's during the invasion.

Deleted
    I always like how someone makes a thread like this, then NO ONE agree's with him/her, actually counter stating that complete point and then the OP is nowhere to be found anymore.
    Its like he is sitting behind his small screen, gniffling, snorting and twisting his fingers around: 'Oh yes, now I get another hate thread going on.'

And then looks in utter dismay how his attempt to hate / grief / troll fails completely and he just logs off and contemplates what else went wrong in life.

Anyway, back on topic: No, its not slow. Its EXTREMELY fast. The potion + heirloom gear still work and you can finish a character in a good few hours. You don't even need 100 anymore so you can skip most of Spires and the entirety of Nagrand.

If you're kinda bad, each level will take you that amount of time.
    When WoD released, I was maxed in about 6.5 hours.
    What are you doing wrong?
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

I lol'd, I really did. WoD didn't result in me having 33 level 100 characters for nothing. Spoiler: Leveling is fast as fuck, even without the potion.

I leveled 8 toons to 100 in WoD. On average it took me 6 hours.

you're doing it wrong, it took 4 hours to level my warrior 90-100 without the 300% exp pots and that's while it was live, probably even faster since i'm pretty sure they lowered the exp per level