Windwalker monk's damage is laughable compared...

Windwalker monk's damage is laughable compared to all of the other DPS specs in the arena.

I would like to talk about my video.

Here is my video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1o4a2sBiPQ

It is me doing a skirmish. I got a rogue as my random partner.

So yeah, windwalker monk's damage is still not OP or anything.

Their damage is nothing compared to all the other classes like all the plate DPS classes (warrior, dk, retpally), and rogues, hunters, caster DPS (mage, locks, spriests, boomkins, eleshammy, etc.)

All of the other DPS specs do SOOO MUCH better damage than a windwalker monk, why would you take a windwalker monk over say, a warrior? ROFL...

When all of the other classes do SOOO MUCH better damage/burst than a windwalker monk!!

I don't think I would have won...

no wait... i KNOW i would not have won that skirmish without that rogue. Windwalker monk just doesn't have enough damage. I was fighting the demon hunter. And while I WAS doing some damage to him, it was just not enough damage.

The demon hunter still did WAY MORE damage than me.

---

But if you look at the scoreboard at the end, you can see...

My Random Partner (rogue)
    1,141,443 damage
    76,531 healing

My damage (windwalker monk)
    674,078 damage
    412,116 healing

Comparing windwalker monk and rogue, I am going to say that we do have more self-healing than rogues. So that is a plus. I don't know much about rogues. What do they have now? How do rogues heal themselves, their self-healing? Recuperate? Well, everything has changed so much now because it is a new expansion.

---

And I know I have said this another thread...

But I just love the playstyle of the windwalker monk.

Windwalker monk is just super mobile. And they have such cool-looking abilities like transcendence, flying serpent kick, etc...

Also, their mobility is very high!! They have such high mobility! Because that is basically their main strengths. Windwalker monks MUST rely on their mobility and healing to survive. They are the martial arts class. Kung-fu Panda!!

---

Anyways, I know this thread probably doesn't make any sense, but I just thought maybe I could post something, my thoughts on the windwalker monk.

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

I should have titled this thread: Windwalker monk still fun, though!

First expansion away from the windwalker feels great not stepping in that trap again
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Except you can oneshot with strike of the windlord + serenity at lvl 110

Deleted
    monk is op lol

If these numbers are based on level 100, then they are completely and utterly irrelevant.

The End.

Quote Originally Posted by chaarrllee3000 View Post
    Windwalker monk's damage is laughable compared to all of the other DPS specs in the arena.

I would like to talk about my video.

Here is my video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1o4a2sBiPQ

It is me doing a skirmish. I got a rogue as my random partner.

So yeah, windwalker monk's damage is still not OP or anything.

Their damage is nothing compared to all the other classes like all the plate DPS classes (warrior, dk, retpally), and rogues, hunters, caster DPS (mage, locks, spriests, boomkins, eleshammy, etc.)

All of the other DPS specs do SOOO MUCH better damage than a windwalker monk, why would you take a windwalker monk over say, a warrior? ROFL...

When all of the other classes do SOOO MUCH better damage/burst than a windwalker monk!!

I don't think I would have won...

no wait... i KNOW i would not have won that skirmish without that rogue. Windwalker monk just doesn't have enough damage. I was fighting the demon hunter. And while I WAS doing some damage to him, it was just not enough damage.

The demon hunter still did WAY MORE damage than me.

---

But if you look at the scoreboard at the end, you can see...

My Random Partner (rogue)
    1,141,443 damage
    76,531 healing

My damage (windwalker monk)
    674,078 damage
    412,116 healing

Comparing windwalker monk and rogue, I am going to say that we do have more self-healing than rogues. So that is a plus. I don't know much about rogues. What do they have now? How do rogues heal themselves, their self-healing? Recuperate? Well, everything has changed so much now because it is a new expansion.

---

And I know I have said this another thread...

But I just love the playstyle of the windwalker monk.

Windwalker monk is just super mobile. And they have such cool-looking abilities like transcendence, flying serpent kick, etc...

Also, their mobility is very high!! They have such high mobility! Because that is basically their main strengths. Windwalker monks MUST rely on their mobility and healing to survive. They are the martial arts class. Kung-fu Panda!!

---

Anyways, I know this thread probably doesn't make any sense, but I just thought maybe I could post something, my thoughts on the windwalker monk.

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

I should have titled this thread: Windwalker monk still fun, though!
    I think it is really ironic that instead of waiting till 110 when you have access to PVP talents and all TALENTS are scaled to max compared to other MAX toons.... that you choose to complain about prepatch damage. Also SUPER IRONIC that your avatar is the facepalm meme. WAIT TILL MAX LEVEL! Like BLIZZARD has stated MULTIPLE times.

You are level 100 /thread.

If you actually watch the video he linked, he was trying to kill a Vengeance Demon Hunter, aka a TANK, of course you aren't gonna do damage to a person in tank spec. /facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by randyb1810 View Post
    If you actually watch the video he linked, he was trying to kill a Vengeance Demon Hunter, aka a TANK, of course you aren't gonna do damage to a person in tank spec. /facepalm
    And you know lets ignore the fact the Blizzard state multiple times balance is tuned for 110. Really I clicked the link saw that it was Pre patch videos read his title and kind of put two and two together. 100 damage and complaints are for the biggest of complainers from what I am gathering on this site.

Also, if you have watched any pvp streamers on twitch, you know that ww monk is far from useless. Very strong in arena.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not level 110. Why make this thread?

Somebody is hungry for views on their youtube channel...

Judging it before 110 and with pvp talents.

Your avatar pic accurately sums up the reaction everyone has to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifttar View Post
    Very strong in arena.
    High survivability - high mobility (my #1 reason why i like ww monk).
    Decent damage.
    Good cc. - Paralysis 15 sec cooldown!!

- - - Updated - - -

And we are still just super squishy.

We just can't take a hit.

I want to be able to take a hit and not have to run, lol.

https://youtu.be/wPDTnnyPB4M?t=3m11s

Starting at 3min 11sec...

But ww monk is still just super fun to play, so i'm happy lol.
    Last edited by chaarrllee3000; 2016-08-30 at 04:28 AM.

WW are gods at 110 in pvp.

And that clip was From 5 months ago.

5 MONTHS.

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    Not level 110. Why make this thread?
    To get Views n stuff on his Youtube vid/channel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait 'til level 110, with a fully-specced artifact weapon with PvP talents.

Every single bloody expansion someone complains about numbers BEFORE reaching the new max level. Why don't people ever learn? Or, y'know, use logical deduction?

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You posted a thread complaining about lv100 balance the day before it becomes even more irrelevant than it already was. Have fun in Legion.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch