Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Looks like Sylvanas is on-track towards getting killed or experiencing some kind of major character turnaround. I mean, she buggered off to make a deal with evil Nordic she-Hades, out of personal interest. The fact that she wants to enslave the Val'kyr (who are against the Legion already, if I understand correctly) is pretty damning, even without considering that it's at Helya's request. Taking the already-shadowy ex-scourge Val'kyr is one thing, trying to mess with these ones is another.

The 7.1 mini-raid is going to wrap up the Stormheim story, so it will be interesting to see how Sylvanas is involved there. Maybe we'll actually resolve her plot thread pretty early so that we can move on with the real Legion material, or maybe the Horde's part of that story will be Sylvanas asking us to kill Helya because Helya is mad at her for failing. I hope it's the former rather than the latter.

One easy way to lead into killing or redeeming Sylvanas would be putting her in a situation where she has to choose between getting her hands on Eyir, or fighting the Legion. She could pull a Wrathgate and opportunistically snatch her at the worst possible moment, or she could knowingly let her chance at gettin Eyir disappear forever in the name of the greater good. Both would work, and both put the audience in a position where we can clearly understand why she's doing what she's doing and what her priorities are.
    Last edited by Eats Compost; 2016-08-31 at 03:02 AM.

wait, as an alliance player, when you are in Helheim and you see Sylvanas concluding her meeting with helya, doesn't Sylvanas say something along the lines of her ushering in a new age or something. That doesn't sound ominous at all

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Odyn is a douche but heyla was corrupted by loken and dont forget the old voids work for the void lords, i would like to see a redemption story for both parts, also even heyla dont want the world where she live be destroyed by space monkeys.
    She was manipulated by Loken to eliminate his rival out of the picture, but that doesn't have to mean she's corrupted. Kvaldir were working against the Old God aligned Naga back in Cataclysm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Isn't that a bit hypocrite?
    Seeing as in Warcraft both the Forsaken and the Humans are unnatural creatures created by a curse.
    What exactly is the difference?
    Why do the Forsaken deserve to die out and the cursed Humans don't?
    Life, birth and procreation that does not harm nature and throw it into disbalance is a benevolent thing, at least in this case. The curse of the flesh didn't alter humans for the wrong. It actually brought them in allignment with the forces of the good, giving them a free will. They used this free will to do more good than evil, which is something that can never be stated for the undead alligned with the Horde.

Just because something is cursed, it doesn't mean it has to die. However, if something that is cursed destroys everything and everyone around them, helping the rest only when also being endangered and out of pure selfishness(read their leader and her presence among the living), then it does have to die.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2016-08-31 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Life, birth and procreation is a benevolent thing. The curse of the flesh didn't alter humans for the wrong. It actually brought them in allignment with the forces of the good, giving them a free will. They used this free will to do more good than evil, which is something that can never be stated for the undead alligned with the Horde.
    Look at all these objective statements.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    One side makes new members by having a baby. The other side murders people and raises them.
    They don't have to murder anyone. Most Cata Forsaken were from old graves.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Every Sylvanas fanboy that feels uncomfortable due to this cinematic, making even more dubious statements than we've had opportunity to read before, should see the bright side of this.

Blizzard took her immortality, but they also made Vol'jin ramble about how "Meni will not unda'stand". Don't worry, there will at last be something benevolent she will do. Losing immortality has that magical effect on selfish characters. By having Genn do this, Blizzard ultimately saved Sylvanas as a character. Nobody needs a Lich Queen. Now it is simply time to see how much of a redemption story she will get.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2016-08-31 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Val'yr aren't affected by the afterlife like normal souls.
    Got any proof of this or are you just making shit up again? I'm pretty sure the Val'kyr that replace Sylvanas end up taking her place in eternal damnation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    Got any proof of this or are you just making shit up again? I'm pretty sure the Val'kyr that replace Sylvanas end up taking her place in eternal damnation.
    Edge of Night clearly states that they take her place in eternal damnation.

So a cursed race that destroyed the natural/original people of an entire continent (to take it for themselves) deserves to die?
    That describes the humans though..
    It is not the humans you are talking about, it is the elves that arrived in to-become-Lordaeron territory that stirred conflict with the trolls, taking their lands after disturbing them with their magic, resulting in the troll onslaught.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2016-08-31 at 10:19 AM.

It is not the humans you are talking about, it is the elves that arrived in to-become-Lordaeron territory that stirred conflict with the trolls, taking their lands after disturbing them with their magic, resulting in the troll onslaught.
    Humans were doing it before the Elves made it to what would become Quel'Thalas. It was also humans that created a spell that made the blight look like a weapon that is a single target when they used a fireball that killed in one moment thousands of trolls. In what was at the time troll homeland.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    All this arguing is interesting but we're missing the most important question here: for which hellish reason Genn goes around half-naked?
    He took Anime slot freed by varian.

Whatever she was doing, its the ultimate proof that she is into some kinky shit.

Deleted
    Also if Actual valkyr also have the Scourge Valkyr powers with the Necromancy they can mass produce Forsaken

It is not for Sylvanas immortality I believe, it is for her kind. As Greymane said, you took my son and I am taking yours. In my opinion, he refers to undeads or her Val'kyrs. As Blizzard write in its website for character infor for Sylvanas, she has to make hard decisions for the forsaken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Well, following the Kitty Pride-ness and being able to use it at will, I am skeptical to there being a limit on how long she can stay in it.
    Yeah, but I don't think there was a time limit on how much time Genn could sit in the shadows either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thrazejin View Post
    It is not for Sylvanas immortality I believe, it is for her kind. As Greymane said, you took my son and I am taking yours. In my opinion, he refers to undeads or her Val'kyrs. As Blizzard write in its website for character infor for Sylvanas, she has to make hard decisions for the forsaken.
    Genn talks of "quest of immortality" and how he intended to deny a future to Sylvanas.

That's Genn's own perspective at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

I say since genn declared war on the horde, we turn our weapons in the alliance after the legion is delt with.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Yeah, but I don't think there was a time limit on how much time Genn could sit in the shadows either.
    The difference is that Sylvanas can eventually find him while he's in the shadows (plus he can run out of strength to maintain his Batman pose on the ceiling) while Genn is going to get trolled if he tries anything.

Yeah, the humans totally did not band together with the Elves because the Amani were a mutual enemy. And look at all the Elves in Azeroth where humans settled on lands that were part of the Gurubashi Empire.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2016-08-31 at 02:31 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    Chronicle states Val'kyr do not pass into the afterlife, they obviously arent bound to it the same way normal people are, seeing as how they could fly down there to talk to sylvanas in the short story.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    The difference is that Sylvanas can eventually find him while he's in the shadows (plus he can run out of strength to maintain his Batman pose on the ceiling) while Genn is going to get trolled if he tries anything.
    If Genn managed to go up there without Sylvanas noticing, than he can probably climb around and change position based on where Sylvanas is looking, or choose a less exhausting one. And even if Sylvanas would catch him for a moment, a target utterly covered in the dark is quite an impossible one even for her, especially when the target in question is one of the strongest and most agile of the playable races.

Besides, even if Genn assaulted a Banshee, Sylvanas would have needed to become tangible again to use her bow and Genn would chase her ass until she doesn't attempt that. The cinematic shown quite effectively Sylvanas' struggles in keeping the Worgen at distance (until she didn't get possessed by Legolas and gained a good distance by applying pressure on Genn's own body to perform a leap, effort that still required a physical body from her part however).
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

If Genn managed to go up there without Sylvanas noticing, than he can probably climb around and change position based on where Sylvanas is looking, or choose a less exhausting one. And even if Sylvanas would catch him for a moment, a target utterly covered in the dark is quite an impossible one even for her, especially when the target in question is one of the strongest and most agile of the playable races.
    He'd lose the advantage of her not knowing he's even there, which is big. Eventually he'd be noticed or, I dunno, he'll need to pee or get some sleep. Besides, there's still the banshee scream part which is AoE and needs no visuals.

Besides, even if Genn assaulted a Banshee, Sylvanas would have needed to become tangible again to use her bow and Genn would chase her ass until she doesn't attempt that. The cinematic shown quite effectively Sylvanas' struggles in keeping the Worgen at distance (until she didn't get possessed by Legolas and gained a good distance by applying pressure on Genn's own body to perform a leap, effort that still required a physical body from her part however).
    Then she stays in it until he gets exhausted. She can't as an undead. And the moment that happens or he tries to conserve his strength or even retreat he becomes arrow cushion. And I was thinking about something after our Baine vs Sylvanas discussion. What if she runs inside him and then materializes again? Take teleportation for example. Logically speaking, one of the reasons teleportation is implausible is that the location you're teleporting to is still filled with air so you'd get air pockets trapped inside your materializing body, ripping it to shreds. So in fictional universes where it's possible teleportation would need to include some air repellent aspect. Same issues apply to intangibility and same solution would have to apply to it in a fictional setting. So, what I was thinking about is this: does phasing back to material body repel just air or everything not-Sylvanas? Because if it's the latter it would be instant kill without much in terms of a counter. And well, if it's the former the result would be... bizarre.