Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

August most violent month in Chicago in nearly 20 years

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...829-story.html

-snip-

Tavon was among more than 400 people shot in Chicago this month. There have been at least 78 homicides, marking August as the most violent month in the city in almost 20 years, according to data provided by the Chicago Police Department. And there are two more days to go.

The city hasn't seen a deadlier month since October of 1997, when there were 79 homicides. For the whole year, the count was 761, according to department numbers.

Chicago has recorded 487 homicides and more than 2,800 people shot so far this year, compared to 491 homicides and 2,988 people shot all of last year, according to Tribune data.
    No protests, no speeches from the President, no comments from the candidates, no attention from national media, no flurry of social media outrage.

Just "the way life is" for Chiraqis.

Oh and that boy Tavon mentioned in the first sentence was a 10 year old who got shot in the back by some fine upstanding future astronaut who just felt like driving by a random home and shooting at it. In the same period of a few hours a guy down the block was shot in the head and an older guy four blocks away was shot and killed for his pocket change.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    No protests, no speeches from the President, no comments from the candidates, no attention from national media, no flurry of social media outrage.

Just "the way life is" for Chiraqis.

Oh and that boy Tavon mentioned in the first sentence was a 10 year old who got shot in the back by some fine upstanding future astronaut who just felt like driving by a random home and shooting at it. In the same period of a few hours a guy down the block was shot in the head and an older guy four blocks away was shot and killed for his pocket change.
    Not sure where the fuck you're getting this idea that Chicago's situation is being ignored, but it seems more the reality you want to see than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Not sure where the fuck you're getting this idea that Chicago's situation is being ignored, but it seems more the reality you want to see than anything else.
    I only have your word to go on.

/shrug
    MAGA

This thread smells like race bait with a extra side of troll.

Lastly if you actually went into the inner city you'd realize that the people there do protest the violence. Just because you refuse to inform yourself doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ret4resto View Post
    Just because you refuse to inform yourself doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
    Well you cant say a thing ...not share some proof ...and then say that others are "refusing to inform themselves".

How about you inform me.
    MAGA

Chicago is one of the largest drug hub distribution centers in all of the US with the 3rd largest latino population. Major and splinter cell Mexican drug cartels set up shop there with major intersecting highways, two airports, and proceed to distribute nose candy to all Hipsters across the US so they can have the "time of their life" as they discover Steely Dan.

Meanwhile they use a hundred different shades of degenerate hustler, baller, drug pushers to sell narcotics and shoot at each other in the streets in an all out proxy war. Then WE demand police officers go out and put an end to all the shit without infringing any of these scumbag's lives.....

99% of the douchebag SJW's behind a bullhorn are so far into the trees they can no longer see the Forrest, or refuse to in order to enact some confused vendetta against law enforcement. You want things to be better in Chicago? You need to carpet nuke Sinaloa first...

#factsmatter

Obama has made numerous speeches on gun violence, another speech would just fall on deaf ears.
    Last edited by Synadrasa; 2016-08-30 at 04:04 AM.

Sounds like Black lives really matter to BLM zealots

Bro, I heard that crime is declining and has been for years. Surely someone is lying here.

How long before the mods from chi town come in and say chiraq isn't that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    How long before the mods from chi town come in and say chiraq isn't that bad?
    Unless something has changed drastically over the last few years since I moved from Chicago to Portland (which I know it hasn't since I have friends/extended family that live in the area), it's not that bad--almost all the violent crime happens in certain neighborhoods on the West and South sides which are easily avoidable (and you should definitely avoid them as they're akin to war zones).

Even with rising crime rates I don't think that where crime happens in Chicago has changed much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ret4resto View Post
    This thread smells like race bait with a extra side of troll.

Lastly if you actually went into the inner city you'd realize that the people there do protest the violence. Just because you refuse to inform yourself doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
    Welcome to a Zomberguy thread. Let's just say he's a typical conservative from the US and leave it at that.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

About 5 years ago a guy i worked with was in the National Guard, and he told me that there was talk about them patrolling the streets in the more bad neighborhoods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Even with rising crime rates I don't think that where crime happens in Chicago has changed much.

It hasn't changed much in the 20+ years I've lived here. The crime is in the same poor gang-infested areas it's been in forever. This is another bait thread about how terrible Chicago is from people who haven't been here.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    About 5 years ago a guy i worked with was in the National Guard, and he told me that there was talk about them patrolling the streets in the more bad neighborhoods.
    You can't do that. That's racial profiling and that is wrong. You have to fix the problem without doing anything other than saying you don't like the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    It hasn't changed much in the 20+ years I've lived here. The crime is in the same poor gang-infested areas it's been in forever. This is another bait thread about how terrible Chicago is from people who haven't been here.
    Personally I think we should let them believe it, let Chicago be a hidden gem. Cost of living in Portland is insane right now since people won't stop moving here. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Personally I think we should let them believe it, let Chicago be a hidden gem. Cost of living in Portland is insane right now since people won't stop moving here. >.<
    Third largest city in the US. Top 25 in the world. I think the chance of it being a "hidden gem" are pretty much shot. (No pun intended)

Lol

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Zom brings up a good point. It doesn't get enough attention. The majority of this violence is perpetrated in a few areas of chicago and it's for that reason it doesn't get attention. No one wants to look at who's committing these crimes in their democratic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    From a former soldier....

No just no. They'd just put them out there with little support and weapons with no rounds.

Actually personally saw many of these gunshot victims, including one who was shot in the head and no longer alive. Its literally a young adult culture thats so toxic to itself I'm almost completely convinced the only way to fix it would be to find a way to split everyone up the day they turn 16.

Maybe if there was a serious crackdown on illegal handgun possession. And some check points for weapons in cars without permits. I would be game with national guard deployment to back up the Chicago PD. Also, there is something deeply wrong with the Chicago PD. Whatever they are doing, they are doing it wrong.