Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    yeah, smooth as hell, just wait for players...cant even log into the game...stuck on loading screen, constant dcs, huge lag spikes...yeah, pretty smooth

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Meh. The launch already happened and it was flawless. Nothing that happens now is tied to that. If it's just laggy at primetime then honestly get the fuck over it.

- - - Updated - - -

This low pop shit is reaching way too fucking hard. What a fucking joke. Biggest reach of all time.
    Salt. Must taste good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    [/B]
    link to where they said that please. :-)
    It was the earnings call - can't find that itself, but here are two 'sources' it's been mentioned:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...expansion-quot

https://twitter.com/elvinelol/status/761379049797251072

It's somewhere on MMO-Champion too.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    4000 is a far cry from 10 million... but you're right! I'm sure about something...

- - - Updated - - -

Meh.. maybe 5 mill tops.
    The fact they stated pre-orders were on par with WoD, which did have over 10 million subscribers in the beginning...

Blizzard also increased the capacity of servers "dramatically" earlier this year.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...2955326#post-4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    You know why? Because nobody's playing this crap anymore.

Infracted
    Well I know you are completely wrong because instead of a friends list with 7 people online Mine had 77 online last night.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...kywall/rotomon
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and people's stupidity - though I am not entirely sure about the universe". -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatra Khan View Post
    The fact they stated pre-orders were on par with WoD, which did have over 10 million subscribers in the beginning...
    In another thread just now he wrote:

"You cannot play the game anything but casually anymore. There is no hardcore gameplay."

So he seems to dislike the game. He may "believe" his trolling, but his main goal is to be derogatory towards the game on its biggest day imho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Smooth launch in EU as well, barely anyone can play!

You US guys just wait until you approach prime time over there. EU was fine until about 5pm today then it all went to shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HamFist View Post
    The better test will be when all the people at work get on tonight.

A lot of players were asleep when Legion went live and at work for most of the day.
    True, but I was on at WoD's launch at 3 AM and it was a mess and yet Legion handled it flawlessly. This is probably the smoothest launch by a mile.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatra Khan View Post
    Blizzard people are godz of doublespeak... I believe they were talking percentages... not straight numbers.

At lowest, Pandaland had 7 mill subs... went to 10 mill... a 42% increase.

If WoD bottomed out at even 4 million (many believe less) That's 5.68 million subs at launch of Legion. If it was 3 million? 4.26 million at launch.

Believe whatever helps you sleep at night... but if WoW was at 10 million... they'd have that number plastered everywhere.

Kazzak / Hellfire EU

My connection is stable but not the fastest at my current location, been trying to get online from 7pm to 9 30pm UK time.

7 until 7 30, I couldn't bring up any of my character lists on any server.

7 40 ish to now, characters finally appeared, but each log in attempt fails and disconnects me.

Atleast with WoD, I could get into the game and do something while waiting for the garrison fixes Im not overly fussed mind, Im shattered from work, I was just planning on starting artifact stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    In another thread just now he wrote:

"You cannot play the game anything but casually anymore. There is no hardcore gameplay."

So he seems to dislike the game. He may "believe" his trolling, but his main goal is to be derogatory towards the game on its biggest day imho.
    From his sig it looks like he got silenced / banned for being an asshole in-game and now he's just going around throwing little tantrums on forums and social media. Real class act.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

I decided to not take the day off because I was certain it would be unplayable. I'm kind of pissed it's not a disaster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    I decided to not take the day off because I was certain it would be unplayable. I'm kind of pissed it's not a disaster.
    In EU it was fine untill like 17:00, i havn't been able to login after that.

I'm just going to play more Fortnite this week untill the shit storm has blown over.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    I think we have the new shard technology to thank for that. Unfortunately in the long run it'll hurt server identity just as much as CRZ have.
    I think the best solution would be to only use CRZ and shards when areas get overpopulated, not underpopulated.
    Underpop needs it just as much as over pop, otherwise you have the other extreme of the zone feeling too empty instead of too full

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    I think we have the new shard technology to thank for that. Unfortunately in the long run it'll hurt server identity just as much as CRZ have.
    I think the best solution would be to only use CRZ and shards when areas get overpopulated, not underpopulated. That way most of the time you'll only encounter players from your own server. They should also prioritize players from the same server being put together at maximum load. It's weird if I login when the server is low and after a few hours of play it becomes full or locked but I keep encountring players from other servers. At that point my initial shard or CRZ or whatever should've been filler up with players from my own server.
    It helps more than it destroyed in my opinion. We have all heard of the story of guilds/friends etc no longer playing. Server underpopulated. People unwillingly to pay the $25 per toon to transfer. Unwillingly to reroll on new servers etc.

With the new shards and hopefully virtual servers, it means I can play with new people I met who happens to be on different servers. There are times I like to group up with them, but because of different servers I cannot. Have not tried CRZ so I do not know how far this goes or what restriction it may have.

I cared more about the people I play with rather than the servers I am on, since that is what more important to me.

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    It helps more than it destroyed in my opinion. We have all heard of the story of guilds/friends etc no longer playing. Server underpopulated. People unwillingly to pay the $25 per toon to transfer. Unwillingly to reroll on new servers etc.

With the new shards and hopefully virtual servers, it means I can play with new people I met who happens to be on different servers. There are times I like to group up with them, but because of different servers I cannot. Have not tried CRZ so I do not know how far this goes or what restriction it may have.

I cared more about the people I play with rather than the servers I am on, since that is what more important to me.
    I agree. I think if guilds and mythic raids worked cross realm too the issue would disappear completely.

Yeah... applauding for Blizzard for sorting their shit out after almost 12 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Haxlax View Post
    Yeah... applauding for Blizzard for sorting their shit out after almost 12 years.
    don't applaud yet... last afternoon was unplayable for most in EU, lets see today.