10+ Year Old Account

Another free pass for India

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/08/29/as...rnd/index.html

"There's a card in there listing the do's and don'ts. Basic things like, 'Don't go out at night alone.' 'Don't wear skirts.'"
    Edit: To avoid seeming to do a drive by posting, if the title didn't make it clear -- I find this pretty outrageous and also find it odd that it seems destined to fade from the news with little discussion, just as many other things in India seem to.
    Last edited by shadowmouse; 2016-08-30 at 12:48 PM.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Deleted
    Where is the "Don't go to India" on that card?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, hai Vain! Still trying to be edgy? Catch up, I'm a postvert -- that's like a prevert with more practice. Enjoy the vacation!
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Muslim View Post
    i am not trying to be edgy , but in normal countries you must not look like you appreciate dicks no matter what your sex is
    Let's be honest, you probably enjoy dicks more than the average girl out there... But that's fine man, you do you, and all the other guys! <3

India, you so crazy.

Critics lambasted the minister, saying his comments put the onus on women, rather than on a government that ought to do a better job of improving security.

There's some truth to this. The Indian women at work usually wear pants, but looking at pictures of India most women there appear to wear dresses. Maybe he means knee length skirts? Don't show no calf?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

To say that this puts the onus on women assumes that this advisory statement is the only measure being taken to protect them. Is it the only measure being taken?

This is stupid and offensive.

Both to women, by saying they were asking for it (Okay, yes, you can take precautions, but it doesn't fucking matter in the end, because -She exposed herself to danger, so I had to rape her! is not a fucking reasonable excuse) and to men, by suggesting that men are fucking monkeys who can't control themselves at the sight of a woman in a skirt. I'm not a fucking animal, I can make reasoned decisions. And so should you, even if you live in a shithole.

There's no culture, in India or anywhere else that would say- rape is A-OKAY! Everyone knows rape is bad, nobody needs it explained to them. What people need is to make up fucking stupid excuses for why they raped.

I raped her cause she was wearing a skirt.
    I raped her cause she was not wearing a veil.
    I raped her cause she xyz...WHATEVER, fucking excuses. You knew what you did was bad, stop pretending you didn't. Fuck off.

I'm pretty critical with Third Wave Feminism, and very sympathetic with MRA's, but the- She was asking for it! shit, is just stupid, and no one with a shred of common sense would buy it.