Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varlak View Post
    Just dont spec for it. I hate using mobility for dmg so Im going for nemesis. Its only a minor dps lost and not on all fight.
    It like when Heroic leap should be used in rotation since it was off the Gcd, It just made more sense to me to save it for mobility for getting out of areas quickly

Once you get used to it, its quite fun. I do admit at times it can be clunky and can even screw you over( e.g. in that scenario to start Stormheim when you're going from ship to ship, I kept Fel Rushing off a ship >< ).

Quote Originally Posted by Ribesal View Post
    Then don't spec Fel Mastery...?
    Havoc Fel Rushes every 10s even without taking Fel Mastery. If you don't use Fel Rush rotationally, your damage drops substantially-- all in, around 18-20%. Less without Fel Rush and Momentum obviously, but still >12%.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Havoc Fel Rushes every 10s even without taking Fel Mastery. If you don't use Fel Rush rotationally, your damage drops substantially-- all in, around 18-20%. Less without Fel Rush and Momentum obviously, but still >12%.
    Truth. Fact is folks, if you play havoc, REGARDLESS of spec you need to fel rush on CD pretty much. Well, specifically twice every 20 seconds. With or with out Fel Mastery you Fel Rush.

I still feel like to change this they need to greatly lessen the base damage on Fel Rush, buff the other two talents in the tier and apply the base damage loss from fel rush to Fel Mastery. At least this way, if you don' t want to fel rush on CD you can spec for something else.

That being said I LOOOOVE fel rushing on cooldown. I love this spec altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiphar View Post
    The very first video ever released of DH combat in action showed the zipping around like an ADHD crackhead. That is the design and theme of the spec, it was intentional. You knew what was coming. You had from the 9th of august to try it out and play it. Yet you complain?

fell rush - prepared are talent so basicaly they are optional since blizzard claim for years that talent should be a choice and not a cookie cutter build.

Its different then a DK who would complain about beeing a DoT class. Fel rush-momentum-prepared playstyle isn't in our core kit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    It like when Heroic leap should be used in rotation since it was off the Gcd, It just made more sense to me to save it for mobility for getting out of areas quickly
    I'm totaly with you on this. I will never spec for momentum, I'd rather quite the class. When mobility have to be wasted in your basic rotation you stop beeing mobile IMO.

Nothing piss me more then having to manualy run away of an incoming fel meteor bcuz both VR and FR are on CD. Even on my Retribution paladin I don't have to manualy run out of things since I do not have to waste moobility CD on DPS rotation.
    Last edited by Varlak; 2016-08-31 at 07:48 PM.

I will never spec for momentum, I'd rather quite the class. When mobility have to be wasted in your basic rotation you stop beeing mobile IMO.
    Again, you need to use Fel Rush twice every 20s even without Momentum and Fel Mastery. Skipping Vengeful Retreat is a much smaller loss, and easily acceptable.

If you don't want to reposition rotationally, don't main a Havoc Demon Hunter.

Then you aren't playing the spec for the right reasons. You can't be expected to like every spec though. Nothing wrong with that.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

fell rush - prepared are talent so basicaly they are optional since blizzard claim for years that talent should be a choice and not a cookie cutter build.

Its different then a DK who would complain about beeing a DoT class. Fel rush-momentum-prepared playstyle isn't in our core kit.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm totaly with you on this. I will never spec for momentum, I'd rather quite the class. When mobility have to be wasted in your basic rotation you stop beeing mobile IMO.

Nothing piss me more then having to manualy run away of an incoming fel meteor bcuz both VR and FR are on CD. Even on my Retribution paladin I don't have to manualy run out of things since I do not have to waste moobility CD on DPS rotation.
    Fel Rush is a base line ability, and for optimal DPS, regardless of talents, you'll need to use it on cool down no matter what. If you don't want to Fel Rush as part of your rotation AND you want to do optimal DPS you are out of luck. It's time to switch to Vengence or a different class, at least for now.

If don't spec Fel Mastery or Momo, you still are out 10%-13% dps if you don't Fel Rush.

It's definitely the bane of every keyboard turner ever. Wouldn't be as bad if WoW had a key you could press to make your character do a 180 turn, or if that functionality was built into the skill (Tap the key to Fel Rush, hold it down to Fel Rush + turn around).

Havoc DH: Enjoy your carpal tunnel.

Felblade makes the playstyle even more fun. I know its not the best DPS talent at the moment but its so fun zooming around with Fel Rush and Felblade, along with Vengeful Retreat. I don't think I'll be able to stand leveling any other class now just standing still and attacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Well, you will use Fel Rush on cleave, but on single target?
    The last time i tested it on beta 2 Fel rushes (without fel mastery) and one Demon's Bite dealt the same damage as 2 Demon's Bite and 1 Chaosstrike, and Chaosstrike has a chance to proc inner Demons - if you have the trait - which results in much more damage, did they change that?

Me neither. Can't wait to spec out of it. Fingers crossed I get the legendary helm first.

Deleted
    Wait, what? You rolled DH because you DIDN'T want to zip around and be super mobile mid fight?

That's like rolling warrior because you hate plate armor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    Worst thing about Fel Rush is that it's broken. Sometimes it just stops and you have to release the move button and push it again to move.
    This. Funny thing is it most often happens on flat land. Up stairs? no problem. Around a Tree? No Problemo. Off the building, through the window, over the old lady, pet the dog, feed the goldfish, pick up milk for your preggers wife, and pick the kids up from the bus stop? No problem!

Fel rush across your 7 acre flat backyard? DERRRRRP

Quote Originally Posted by dyzz View Post
    This. Funny thing is it most often happens on flat land. Up stairs? no problem. Around a Tree? No Problemo. Off the building, through the window, over the old lady, pet the dog, feed the goldfish, pick up milk for your preggers wife, and pick the kids up from the bus stop? No problem!

Fel rush across your 7 acre flat backyard? DERRRRRP
    lol, I got confused when it happened, i've had it happen in mid air when going to class hall and you just basically hit an invisible wall and have to restart glide again.
    Last edited by Rehok; 2016-09-01 at 11:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rehok View Post
    lol, I got confused when it happened, i've had it happen in mid air when going to class hall and you just basically hit an invisible wall and have to restart glide again.
    Yeah that freaked me out the first time. Now I just double jump, glide and go afk till it hits the platform lmao

I wonder how many corpses are below. Might check that out tonight haha

Quote Originally Posted by dyzz View Post
    Yeah that freaked me out the first time. Now I just double jump, glide and go afk till it hits the platform lmao

I wonder how many corpses are below. Might check that out tonight haha
    None as a fel bat pops out and brings you to the island.

The last time i tested it on beta 2 Fel rushes (without fel mastery) and one Demon's Bite dealt the same damage as 2 Demon's Bite and 1 Chaosstrike, and Chaosstrike has a chance to proc inner Demons - if you have the trait - which results in much more damage, did they change that?
    Even on single target because it's damage scales with mastery and it is unmitigated chaos damage. It starts hitting much harder than Demons Bite. Plus you can do it for Fury so you can Chaos strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Fel Rush is fine for being used as a damage ability. It's Vengeful Retreat that shouldn't be turned into one. Havoc was a weird issue where what little utility we have gets turned into dps tools. Blur refreshes Fel Rush charges and Vengeful Retreat procs momentum. I'm surprised there isn't a talent that makes Chaos Nova a dps CD.

I'm not too worried though. It's an entirely new class and it's most likely going to be going through constant changes as the expansion goes on. I still like everything else about Havoc.
    This pretty much sums up my exact thoughts.

Yes, you use it on single targets too. Fel Rush is free, and even generates Fury when you talent into Fel Mastery. Which you should do, as it's much, much better than the two alternative talents in most situations.

I hate repositioning rotationally myself, and believe they should allow players to talent out of it. But it is what it is-- right now, you must use Fel Rush twice every 20 seconds or your performance gets flushed down the toilet.

If you don't want to reposition rotationally, don't main a Havoc Demon Hunter.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2016-09-01 at 02:52 PM.