Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sim View Post
    So... you leveled to 110.. 1 day after the game was released... and are complaining about it being too.. grindy..
    ^

/10 chars

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Well, I have to agree that there's something fundamentally wrong about complaining that something is grindy when you managed to level in less than 24 hours. Jesus.
    Considering the leveling process is little more than a speed bump, just worthless drivel meant to slow you down, and not really part of "playing the game", then spending the multiple hours OP is sure to have spent is actually a lot. Even the 10 hours for 10 levels you'd expect from the last expansions would be too much considering how shit the leveling experience in this game is.

It's not difficult in any way. It's just tedious. Why do you people want that crap to take longer? I wouldn't mind it taking longer if difficulty forced it to (say, you die to a hard boss and lose 10 minutes on that fight alone), but arbitrary "difficulty" through reduced rewards and increased travel is not fun at all. It actually scares me that people take all this inconvenience and pretend they're these hardcore, hard-mode-only kind of players simply because they "don't mind" it.

Though really the issue is more to do with quests being the only viable way to level in this game. All the MMOs I've seen with leveling experiences that didn't suck had gameplay so good that you'd just be playing and leveling would simply happen. Since all the fun in WoW is stuck to the max level and anything under that just feels like there's some fat teacher clapping and telling how good you are for pressing a button this one time, I'd rather it take the least amount of time possible.

Questing is disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    "When the game gets harder"... Lol, it all scales. @ 741 ilvl, I have to mind how much I pull/WHAT I pull at level 102.

People sure are grasping at straws to have SOMETHING to complain about.
    750ish at 106, can pull p much any number of mobs i want and easly kill them in seconds

dunno where you find the difficulty, Theres none tbh

i'm not saying leveling is bad btw, i love it actually

Worst lvling experience?Yeah agree.What you see in one day 100-110?did you read the quest texts?Did you do all quests?Did you stand up from chair to use the toilet?

Quote Originally Posted by Maerad View Post
    I guess you problem is not the quests - those and the storyline are really good. Problem is you play this game for some time right now I suppose and even if you didn't rush tru it ... you are already 110 and the game is only a few hours old. You simply overdid it.

Did you use handy notes or something like that? Did you ever stray away from the quest path?

I played my paladin for 2-3 hours or so yesterday and still are lvl 100. Why? I decided this time I would do the xpac different. No preread, no spoilers, no talentcalcs. Nothing. So I started the xpac and was dumb like in bc when I started playing. Also no help addons. I was swimming like 15 minutes between the ships to search for treasures. Or when I started in stormheim, I decided to run up the fucking hill just to see how it looks up there, trying to avoid all enemies and look around.

In a bonus zone I helped as tank some guys that had some problems with the dragons there. I just did what I did back then. Or in WOTLK, when I was like lvl 74 and decided to investigate icecrown... on my beloved hawkstrider.

I erased the "I need to be lvl 110" and tried to do whatever the fuck I want without setting myself under a lvl pressure. Enjoying the quests to the fullest and being a bit crazy. Like I did back in BC with my old guild. We were running around in blade's edge mountains, without any care in the world and the leveling took some time back then. So we joked, enjoyed the time together, did the quests together, tried going to places we shouldn't because the lvl was to low and no flying...

That's what I like about Legion and most of all the scaling. It dosent matter what lvl I have, I can do dungenons if I want and still wont outlvl the current map. Even at lvl 110 I can enjoy it.

The problem in WoW the past years is not everytime the game, it is also how much we set ourself under pressure to raise as fast as possible.

I still want the function back I liked so in BC, when the quests texts were coming row after row, not all at once like today (you could enable/disable that).Any addon out there that can do that?
    Hey, me too, kinda. I see people have hit 110 ages ago, but I'm still 105 after playing pretty much the whole day. I'm spending 2+ hours on each level. I do honestly feel I'm shamefully slow compared to others, but at the same time, I'm taking my time without any care in the world. I've done Highmountain and Stormheim and read every quest so far. It's great to enjoy the game without the feeling of "I need to be 110!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiphess View Post
    750ish at 106, can pull p much any number of mobs i want and easly kill them in seconds

dunno where you find the difficulty, Theres none tbh

i'm not saying leveling is bad btw, i love it actually
    This might shock you but hear me out. Classes play differently.

I don't have any complaints about the leveling process. The zones are nice to look at. Kind of fun to explore. The verticality of Highmountain is a bit annoying but also cool at the same time. I started playing at launch (went live a little before 2am here), took about an hour break around noon. And I'm on my second break and will be for another hour. I'm at 105 and about a half. By the way people on Twitch, etc. were talking, it would be an 8 to 10 hour process. Maybe it's because they played beta. I don't know. I feel really slow considering I'm on about 14 hours. There are people in my guild a couple levels ahead of me but I don't think anyone's capped yet.

It's definitely a bit harder than anything since TBC, in my opinion. And that's a good thing. I was thinking I'd be capped in no more than 12 hours. I'm kinda glad I was wrong.

You know the beginning of the xpac is great when people are grasping at invisible straws to complain about something

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    I tried to watch some streams and couldn't, because all zones are cramped, dark and claustrophobic. Never experienced that with Pandaria or WoD.
    I don't care to watch other people play so I can't comment on other zones but the one I started in is none of those things.. Azshuna I think. Prob spelled wrong... But the legion is invading.. Being dark seems to kind of fit the theme..

I didn't get that feeling at all.
    I started in Azuna and made lvl 103 before logging off. I finished the Azuna achievement and still have lots of quests and bonus areas to complete. Maybe it was because I was going back to darlaran and my COH to get quests and did a couple dungeons. But I feel like I'm gonna make 110 before I complete every zone.

Personally, I'm finding it refreshingly... refreshing leveling experience. It kind of is fundamentally massively more open than anything WoW has ever done leveling wise, and it's awesome. I'm only 104 now, though, but I've been having a lot of fun going back and forth from zones, Dalaran, and the class hall. Class halls are pretty damned cool. They're everything that garrisons should have been, and a billion times better.

On the subject of difficulty, I'm just not seeing it. Playing as a Ret Paladin, so that may color it, but for me, I'd say it's probably the easiest leveling experience I've had so far in a new expansion. Definitely feels a lot easier than WoD (Which was also easy), not that I really mind it being easy, though. I think one thing that may be coloring it for some people, though, is that treasures don't give XP, and some people just may be so used to using that as a method for leveling from late in WoD, with flying and all that. They've just been stuck with WoD so long, they may not remember things so good!

Eventually the leveling experience becomes somewhat tedious and monotonous. It's pretty hard to introduce an interesting "Questing" experience, especially if the audience has been playing the game for 10+ years. I feel like Legion was a pretty good attempt at trying to revolutionize the leveling wheel, but obviously some people will be disgruntled at how 'same-old, same-old' the leveling system is. Maybe an interesting idea would have been to make leveling via professions, or pvp, or any other method viable instead of straight-up questing.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    Personally, I'm finding it refreshingly... refreshing leveling experience. It kind of is fundamentally massively more open than anything WoW has ever done leveling wise, and it's awesome. I'm only 104 now, though, but I've been having a lot of fun going back and forth from zones, Dalaran, and the class hall. Class halls are pretty damned cool. They're everything that garrisons should have been, and a billion times better.

On the subject of difficulty, I'm just not seeing it. Playing as a Ret Paladin, so that may color it, but for me, I'd say it's probably the easiest leveling experience I've had so far in a new expansion. Definitely feels a lot easier than WoD (Which was also easy), not that I really mind it being easy, though. I think one thing that may be coloring it for some people, though, is that treasures don't give XP, and some people just may be so used to using that as a method for leveling from late in WoD, with flying and all that. They've just been stuck with WoD so long, they may not remember things so good!
    this post sums it up

i'love loved travelling to my class zone, to dalaran to a khadgar quest to mix it up

ive been levling as a resto druid and level 106 atm
    the quests and rp is really really fun
    its my most favourite leveling experience i've ever had in wow including my fav expansion WOTL

imho, the op is just one of those guys that you can't please cause god, i've played since vanilla. and legion so far has been the MOST fun leveling i have ever had and i hate leveling

I've still only done half of Stormheim, but it's already better than all the pre-cata stuff (save for a few individual zones). Gotta do the rest to see how it does against Draenor, MoP and Cata.

Deleted
    In vanilla, which seems to be the holy grail for some people, it took about a month of pretty solid effort to get to 60.
    You complaing about it taking one day?

And its completerly done by interactive and voiced quests instead of finding a good spot to grind for a few hours because you ran out of quests for the next 3 levels....

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    This might shock you but hear me out. Classes play differently.
    ik

leveling is as easy as wod regardless.

it's almost like when you take away the difficulty from a game, it becomes a mindless grind.

Deleted
    I experienced MoP and WoD launch, I think Legion is superior overall. I enjoy questing through every zone, reading all the quests, as well as grabbing the exploration / treasure achievements. So far I've finished Aszuna and Val'sharah, I'm 106 currently.

Best in leveling imo. However the story isnt as epic as it was in wod. The only issue i had was the huln flashback quest but even then it only set me back like 5 minutes

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Agree, I'm absolutely hating questing right now. Sure it isn't WotLK/TBC bad, but it's still pretty bad. Story is also pretty bland too, the most interesting and memorable moments seem to be the quirky side characters rather than the main cinematic questline.

Blizzard hit the leveling sweet spot with WoD, sod knows why they're trying this new method. I just hope they didn't drop the ball on Suramar like they did everywhere else.