Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Skinning and multi tag

With the new tech that allows multiple players to tag a mob, and thus be eligible for both XP and loot : is this causing any problems for skinners? i.e. you're unable to skin the animal since a random passing druid clipped it with some Starfall and left an eyeball and a broken hoof unlooted?

Just wondering if Blizzard did something clever to avoid situations like this, or if I'm going to be better off playing Miners/Herbalists in the first couple of weeks, and saving Skinners until the initial rush and over-population has thinned out a bit.

nope they didnt fix it, yes its been complained that someone can run by and tab dot and just walk off, without looting.

yes it screws over LW, just needa find somewhere at max lvl to get leather.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

No they did nothing to fix this ... I was farming clefthoof's earlier and some jack ass had area loot off so that he could loot them one at a time and skin them right away, even though there were 5 of us there killing them. I went ahead and just tagged every mob and looted nothing for half an hour then left.

Given there's speed levelling guides which are recommending just tagging mobs others have agro on and not looting - in areas crowded with skinnable mobs this will be a problem. There are places to go with skinnable mobs that are not quest mobs (and not in busy areas). There's a couple of youtubes with suggestions for these. (BTW mining/herbalism are not better for a gatherer....even with the multitagging problem. There's endless supplies of mobs to skin... herbs and ores aren't so plentiful. Of course if your gathering intention is to sell stuff then probably ore>herbs>skins).
    Last edited by irdsyd; 2016-08-29 at 06:24 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    OK, thanks for the replies folks!

The realms where I play aren't super crowded, and I tend to be on at off-peak hours too, so hopefully I won't encounter too much frustration with this. Perhaps Blizzard will come up with a workable solution for the issue in the future.

Yeah, I did this by accident, we'd killed a few together and noticed he was also a skinner, little later I tag some stuff he was on and didn't think anything of it and then, OH! a stack of stuff to skin... then i remembered. Kinda sucks, I wasn't in a douchy mood either.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Yeah, I did this by accident, we'd killed a few together and noticed he was also a skinner, little later I tag some stuff he was on and didn't think anything of it and then, OH! a stack of stuff to skin... then i remembered. Kinda sucks, I wasn't in a douchy mood either.
    Yeah i don't think most folk are being pricks about it. They just don't know they have hit a mob and go on their merry way. My only complaint thus far about Legion is how horrible it is being a skinner.