Thread: Eye of Azshara

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Barrage is, at least, predictable - you know where it's going to pull. Things like Cinderstorm has the same range but are wildly unpredictable due to the random directions the fire flies in. You'll get a feel for distance and angle soon enough with barrage :s.

I gave 2 examples why it's not predictable. As I said, it's pulling targets that are out of range from barrage itself.

And the range changes depending on equipment too, it's just sad. It's vastly different from pre-legion too.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-09-01 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    I gave 2 examples why it's not predictable. As I said, it's pulling targets that are out of range from barrage itself.

And the range changes depending on equipment too, it's just sad. It's vastly different from pre-legion too.
    Well no, that's entirely predictable as well. Your barrage checks the distance to the middle of the enemys hitbox, aka the targets ultimate position. However, your barrage, while firing, will hit anything with their hitbox only ever so slightly inside the range. This can cause the issue of not being in range of a target, and still hitting it with barrage. As an example, Mannoroth and Gorefiend both had huge hitboxes compared to their ultimate position, and remember how well *everything* (including barrage and chimshot) cleaved onto them, despite distance?

As for being different from pre-legion, only thing I've noticed is that the effect is a bit amped up now (seems like the graphics are more massive). Behaviour etc hasn't changed.

I did this today. I stopped using barrage as I find crows+sidewinders+marked shot + 1 AS or so usually kills most mobs that I am soloing.

I find sidewinders somehow still aggro'd the birds that fly up?

IMO this instance is horribly designed...I didn't find the encounters fun or interesting either...

I still did 100k+ DPS as a 106 hunter...the tank was 110 and did 85k dps, the next highest...so I don't go with the argument that barrage is a dps loss. Learn how to use crows...that really can add a lot of dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Themanintobuildafire View Post
    I did this today. I stopped using barrage as I find crows+sidewinders+marked shot + 1 AS or so usually kills most mobs that I am soloing.

I find sidewinders somehow still aggro'd the birds that fly up?

IMO this instance is horribly designed...I didn't find the encounters fun or interesting either...

I still did 100k+ DPS as a 106 hunter...the tank was 110 and did 85k dps, the next highest...so I don't go with the argument that barrage is a dps loss. Learn how to use crows...that really can add a lot of dps.
    Just because you topped DPS doesn't mean that taking crows isn't a DPS loss. That's silly. If usain bolt runs 100 meters in 10 seconds and wins gold, that's not the best possible despite winning; He's done it .5 or so seconds faster before.

You could argue that if you're not serious about optimisation, as long as you're top, you're doing fine - and that's fair. But don't confuse arguments of what's *better*, with what's *more convinient*.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themanintobuildafire View Post
    Learn how to use crows...that really can add a lot of dps.
    Except it can't. It is a clearly proven DPS loss to use AMoC as MM. Even on a single target. Just go to a dummy. Shoot barrage at it, so it only hits one target, and look at how much damage it does in total with Skada. Then do the same thing with AMoC. It's simple maths - Barrage does more damage.

The simple fact is this: "Skill shots" are fantastic. They allow good players to do more damage with their own skills. However a skillshot should require careful positioning in order to get the most out of it. A skillshot is NOT a shot which you need to faff about for ages and aim with exquisite care PURELY TO STOP IT SPRAYING GUNFIRE AT THE WHOLE INSTANCE.

We should not be sweating bullets on each trash pull praying that Barrage isn't going to decide to unload a whole quiver through a wall into that trash pack that's 25 yards away and round a corner. We should be thinking about how best to aim barrage to maximise our damage. Worrying about whether your character is going to indiscriminately machine gun the whole dungeon isn't fun - it's bad design.

1) Get close to the mob pack.

2) Hit sidewingers on a mob from the pack. Low chance to aggro seagull and even if you do, tank will get it instantly with his aoe.

3) Learn to turn around and how tu use barrage.

That's it. You can stop crying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Well no, that's entirely predictable as well. Your barrage checks the distance to the middle of the enemys hitbox, aka the targets ultimate position. However, your barrage, while firing, will hit anything with their hitbox only ever so slightly inside the range. This can cause the issue of not being in range of a target, and still hitting it with barrage. As an example, Mannoroth and Gorefiend both had huge hitboxes compared to their ultimate position, and remember how well *everything* (including barrage and chimshot) cleaved onto them, despite distance?

As for being different from pre-legion, only thing I've noticed is that the effect is a bit amped up now (seems like the graphics are more massive). Behaviour etc hasn't changed.
    How are Blizzard hitboxxes predictable though.
    Compare Hans&Franz to Kromogs grasping Hands. Hans&Franz are huge_af but need to stay directly on top of each other for Chimera and MS to cleave, the hands are smaller than player models but you can beastcleave/MS about 120° of your field-of-view.

Depending on what route your PUG Tank takes, you are in the middle of several packs and non hostile enemies in EoA. We are talking about 360° here, all the people saying "get close to the mob, turn around and press barrage, hur" have no clue what that means. Quite often, there is no safe side and the only way to not pull anything that shouldn't be pulled is; to not press barrage. Barrage is easy to use in Black Rook Hold, Maw of Souls and so on... in EoA however, it's not and it doesn't rely on what *you* do, but how your group decides to move and what to attack. Sometimes, they are even occasions where you can't do damage at all without pulling additional adds, because non hostile snails are surrounding the mob and the Tank/Group doesn't know that this is an issue for you - and if you go to the mob to shoot in the direction where you came from, you'll pull mobs that you skipped on purpose, if you look to the left, you'll pull 2 snails and if you look right, you might/will pull the next pack etc.

It's *annoying* it won't stop me from clearing the instance, but it's annoying - the very fact that it's safer to use in melee range most of the time is weird in the first place (for a class that has the highest range in the game)
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-09-02 at 11:02 AM.