Destruction still tough at 110?

At level 100 my destro lock feels really tough and it makes questing easy, as we level we get new gear which in turn gives us a lower mastery percentage due to stat scaling, our mastery reduces the damage we take so I'm wondering how they feel at 110, still as tough? My lock is only 102 so I haven't equipped any new gear yet, I levelled my MM hunter first and he feels pretty squishy at 110 so I'm wondering if destro feels any better for world quests/rares etc?
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

10+ Year Old Account
    You are indestructible at 110 and can survive anything short of pulling half Suramar on CDs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    You are indestructible at 110 and can survive anything short of pulling half Suramar on CDs.

The proper way to do it step by step:

1)Go to Suramar
    2)Alt+tab, open Youtube
    3)Go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWxBrI0g1kE
    4)Go to wow again and mount up
    5)Pull mobs untill the bridge of the song comes in
    6)Pop cds
    7)Kill

Good to know, maybe i'll level my lock then, I enjoy the tanky feeling of Destruction. With some other classes you can only pull a few mobs at a time or you could be toast! Some classes I seem to spend more time eating after a fight than I do getting stuck into the next. My only worry with maining my lock over say my Hunter is how hard it'll be to get into raids and mythic+ further down the line, I'm not in a raiding guild (due to not having time to commit) so have to rely on pug groups.
    Warlock

I found it tankier while leveling compared to 110. I haven't been that long in Suramar, but some mobs in Stormheim actually do hit hard at 110, harder than Suramar. Maybe an ilvl issue (just hit 800), or player issue. Maybe both, maybe the latter, most likely the latter. It's by no means weak but I find the claims that you can pull half a zone and still survive to be slightly exaggerated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's no tanks or some shit like that, but Dark Pact is bloody powerful and chained with Unending Resolve it makes you immortal for 20 seconds really.

While these 20 seconds last you dump Cataclysm and shit on whatever pack is beating you.

All that is 1 min CD. If you are really screwed then dump Lord of Flames, like getting spotted in Suramar in the middle of 500 mobs.

Then Demon Skin makes sure you don't lose HP from being beaten by some mob or two.

Pretty good really, definitely better than average.

Deleted
    When in doubt you can simply use GoSup and have the infernal tank everything. It has the added bonus of clumping all the melee mobs up nicely for you to AoE down.

Stood in the Fire Lisa Frank Succubus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is the infernal a better tank than the blue berry? I've been doing Surumar with the voidwalker and had no issues though I'll switch to sup for questing/world stuff if its better.

Sure, it's a great spec for questing, not as much fun in dungeons.
    Infernal is good, but I've been using void with grim sac talent, just to avoid constantly changing talents for dungeons. Void's enough and definitely less annoying than Infernal's humongous size covering everything up in small places and always standing on top of you when you want to loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Portus View Post
    Sure, it's a great spec for questing, not as much fun in dungeons.
    Infernal is good, but I've been using void with grim sac talent, just to avoid constantly changing talents for dungeons. Void's enough and definitely less annoying than Infernal's humongous size covering everything up in small places and always standing on top of you when you want to loot.
    i agree with you on that and tbh ive been sacrificing my pet all threw leveling never really needed one

Quote Originally Posted by bu3mair View Post
    i agree with you on that and tbh ive been sacrificing my pet all threw leveling never really needed one
    Same. I actually was really confused by HOW MANY Warlocks I would see in the Hall while leveling with voidwalkers and infernals out.

But then, I never tried using one so maybe there's something I'm missing. But my Destro leveling strat relied pretty heavily on aoe burst and burst cleave (endless shadowburn cleave is amazing for questing), so, yeah, who knows.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    People seem to be afraid losing a sliver of health occasionally, I can imagine them at 90% HP panicking and picking that shit to protect themselves from the horror of being below 100% HP occasionally.

after leveling easy mode with boonkin i must say the only one that comes close in comfort/ speed from a caster point of view is destro with sacrificed pet. it's amazing! and while kin gets weaker with ongoing levels ( though still stronger than any other ranged), i feel destro just keeps getting stronger and more fun to play. glad i switched away from that horrid druid class hall

Deleted
    Feel like I should change my talents for questing around.

I feel super fragile with 0 AoE...

Questing with my destruction lock is definitely much slower than my MM hunter or havoc demon hunter have been due to lack of decent AoE
    Warlock

shadowburn, cataclysm, dark pact, sacrifice and wreak havoc gives you the abilty to kill 2 targets at the same time all the time and giant pulls every minute with dark pact and cataclysm