Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Really enjoying balance right now even though I main resto. With my artifact at 837 atm I'm easily sustaining 200-220k single target and better when procs/CDs line up. AoE on trash can vary greatly, either it's great or it's terrible... bursts of 400k or more or 150k on really bad pulls where I don't manage to get a starfall/FoE off before the DHs just melt everything with they eye beams lol. Balance DPS is really dependent on proper talents and points spent in your artifact so you may want to check your build so you can reset your artifact before you get too far along.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think they can fix DH broken AoE. If they nerf eye beam or that blade dance or whatever it's called you kind of break their single target too. I would think so anyway, I haven't personally played my DH yet so I can't say for sure if that's the only reason their AoE is so crazy.
    What's your gear that you can do 200k single target? There's not really much max/Min'ing that you can do in terms of game play so I have to assume you either have better gear than me (I have two stats-stick trinkets) or you're spec'ed very differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Enitzu View Post
    If you really think this is the case then I have no idea how you have lasted this long in WoW. Dungeons have never been near equal to raids in terms of dps numbers. This is why challenge modes were often done by only certain classes. It's also why WW monks and DH are being publically outraged and cried about for a nerf yet come raids their numbers are middle of the pack.
    Eitherway, before this dungeon DPS didn't matter in dungeons, and CM's were just whichever class could AoE the best. Certain classes will be more viable come raids for a number of reasons, main one that Dungeons = trash is the primary goal, Raids = Boss is the primary goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Hallebarry View Post
    Why spend time researching and fixing classes when you'll just have to do it again in a few weeks. I assume you played Alpha, which if you have, you'd know classes are MUCH closer tuned than they first were. Why tune when they only know half the story. How classes look in a 5 man mythic dungeon is nothing what they look like in a 20 man raid.
    its also not even close to how they will behave in mythic 5 + 10 + 15 +when trash will live much longer therefore aoe burst will have much less value as even if you burst for 3 mln as DH all those numbers will plument just after eye beam ends while other classes will eventually climb up and single target/cleave kiling most annoying trash mobs will have much more value then just fapping to aoe.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2016-09-12 at 11:09 PM.

Eye beam isn't a ST rotation spell, it's sub-optimal to use
    Eye beam is actually a minor DPS gain (like less than 1%) for me right now but it becomes a large DPS gain single target after unlocking the elite trait for it. Many people already have this trait as it only requires 20 points to do the regular route through rage of the illidari

Quote Originally Posted by Ilnezhara View Post
    What's your gear that you can do 200k single target? There's not really much max/Min'ing that you can do in terms of game play so I have to assume you either have better gear than me (I have two stats-stick trinkets) or you're spec'ed very differently.
    833 ilvl in balance, 838 ilvl resto. I'd link my armory so you can see my talents but it looks like they haven't updated since I fixed my build. Basically the talents you use and the traits you have for your artifact are very important. You want starlord so that your empowered solar wrath and lunar strike help you build astral power back up a little more quickly. After that I have incarnation which I think may not even be the go to talent but it's what I'm using at the moment. Blessing of the ancients is the next important talent to have because again, it helps with astral power generation, coupled with starlord this is the fastest way to gain astral power as far as I'm aware. For the last tier I use fury of elune which is solely an AoE talent and really only usable on trash as I haven't found a place for it on boss fights. Fury of elune is great though and can burst some crazy numbers, especially considering you can cast freely after using it to keep building astral power to prolong how long it's up for.

As for the artifact, the single most important trait to have is that goldrinn one... can't think of the name at the moment. It gives starsurge the ability to deal damage twice with a single cast. So you have blessing of the ancients and starlord helping to boost your astral power gain so you can keep blasting off starsurges. That's the biggest gain imo, starsurge is regularly my #1 damage spell at the end of a boss. Keep in mind I'm also attempting to keep 100% or as close to it as i can uptime on moonfire and sunfire, casting whichever spell is empowered for the extra haste from starlord and wrath when not empowered to build so I can cast more starsurges.

Some fights will be better or worse than others depending how often goldrinn procs and how hard your full moons hit but generally unless there's lots of movement 200k single target is easy to sustain.

PS: I'm far from an expert on balance, I haven't played a DPS spec since Wrath so I'm still getting used to things too. This is just what has been working for me personally.
    Last edited by Ifeanychukwu; 2016-09-12 at 11:53 PM.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Enhancement seems to be doing well all around. Can't say the same for Elemental though which really comes to no surprise but still a shame since it has always been my favorite caster.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a 840 Windwalker Monk and I do over 900k-1000k or more dps in trash packs with more than 4 mobs and I do around 240k to 260k dps on single target boss fights. I'm truly enjoying playing WW. It's so fluid, it's great to see that 1,8 million hit coming out of Touch of Death. Although, we can't still be sure of how dps will be, since Dungeon boss fights lasts so little to compare dps with classes that has a weak burst dps and good sustained dps. Raids will tell us better.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selky View Post
    It's not an exaggeration and they're not the only ones. I managed to finish a mythic dungeon pug as a shadow priest but the entire time my group was complaining about how low my DPS was on anything that wasn't a single target boss. Once people discover what the "weak" specs are you can guarantee that they will be auto-declined every time.
    Shadow priests excel at single-target sustained damage and their AoE is middle of the pack. For 5 man regular dungeons you might struggle because the trash melts before your dots can tick, but there is no excuse to struggle in AoE for mythic + dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    Shadow priests excel at single-target sustained damage and their AoE is middle of the pack. For 5 man regular dungeons you might struggle because the trash melts before your dots can tick, but there is no excuse to struggle in AoE for mythic + dungeons.
    It's not middle of the pack, its bottom of the pack.

There is plenty of "reason" (not excuses) to struggle in mythic+ dungeons. The bats in blackrook hold require AOE (not multidotting). The blobs in DHT require the same. I'm sure theres plenty of other examples but basically everything you've said is bullshit. Bravo.

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing people pay way too much attention to is trash pack burst. It looks nice, but it matters a lot less than sustain + boss DPS.
    For example: a good DH or WW can nuke 1m + on large enough trash packs within the first 10 secs or so, whereas i'm lucky to get 500k on my Enh. However, the DH and WW will rapidly drop off to the point where I would catch up to them roughly later on - in Mythic+ with higher hp on mobs my cleave will be on par/superior even due to the fact that I have far more priority damage fed into by my cleave. And on boss damage I outperform both.

The only spec I've seen so far that is superior in both aspects is a good BM hunter. They are disgustingly good, pulling excellent cleave, sustain AoE AND single target boss damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    It's not middle of the pack, its bottom of the pack.

There is plenty of "reason" (not excuses) to struggle in mythic+ dungeons. The bats in blackrook hold require AOE (not multidotting). The blobs in DHT require the same. I'm sure theres plenty of other examples but basically everything you've said is bullshit. Bravo.
    This is really not true at all. We have two excellent Shadow Priests in our guild and they do phenomenally in Mythics atm. The two examples you just gave are literally the only ones I can think of where cheesy AoE is a boon, for all the rest sustain cleave and multidotting will be amazing. You won't be pulling 3+ regular packs on Mythic+10 let me tell you.

One thing people pay way too much attention to is trash pack burst. It looks nice, but it matters a lot less than sustain + boss DPS.
    For example: a good DH or WW can nuke 1m + on large enough trash packs within the first 10 secs or so, whereas i'm lucky to get 500k on my Enh. However, the DH and WW will rapidly drop off to the point where I would catch up to them roughly later on - in Mythic+ with higher hp on mobs my cleave will be on par/superior even due to the fact that I have far more priority damage fed into by my cleave. And on boss damage I outperform both.
    Agree on the single target part, disagree on the multi-target concerning DH. If we're talking optimal build/stuff, DH will get their Leg Head part that makes Eye Beam Cds non existant. Which means stronger aoe rotation and stronger Fel Barrage Uptime. Our burst will not falldown and you will never reach the gap.

Im playing arms and i do really well at ST. I've only done heroics since i got my third relic and second golden trait. So i can't really tell you my DPS. In our group we like to compete, me (arms) vs Hunter vs Enha. And im winning 3.5/5 of the fights! The burst is insane and if you keep getting tact proccs as an arms warrior nobody can stop you.

As usual the holy trinity which are rogue, warrior and dk are top dps currently.

Quote Originally Posted by archkiller View Post
    As usual the holy trinity which are rogue, warrior and dk are top dps currently.
    i have yet to see a warrior pulling good numbers though -_- like really all ive seen in hc/mythic dungeons were beyond bad -_-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by archkiller View Post
    Outlaw yes
    Arms yes
    Unholy DK is good in trash

Fire Mage
    Arms Warr
    BM Hunter
    WW Monk
    DH
    Unholy DK
    Outlaw Rogues

All of them have good aoe and good single target dmg :-)

7+ Year Old Account
    844 ww monk 250-300k sustained. 500-1000k on trash

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    This is really not true at all. We have two excellent Shadow Priests in our guild and they do phenomenally in Mythics atm. The two examples you just gave are literally the only ones I can think of where cheesy AoE is a boon, for all the rest sustain cleave and multidotting will be amazing. You won't be pulling 3+ regular packs on Mythic+10 let me tell you.
    Got logs? I don't want to criticize your definition of "phenomenally" but I'm skeptical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post

The only spec I've seen so far that is superior in both aspects is a good BM hunter. They are disgustingly good, pulling excellent cleave, sustain AoE AND single target boss damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Your other players are shit then. Sorry, it's the truth though.

Well my demo lock is not top on trash, but within 10% of the top on some pulls if i play well even with melee... Implosion burst is real.

Bosses if i get lust/hero i do well, if i don't i am near the bottom, darkglare helps a little with ramp up on ST but its still way too slow without hero. Bosses are dying faster now which doesn't help.
    Last edited by Dietrik; 2016-09-13 at 01:12 PM.
    Demo is fine... play better.