Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    On short fights, sure. Sustained over say 2 minutes, not very likely.
    I'm doing about 200k on 2 min fights with lust and 820 ilvl as frost, competing with outlaw rogue. I'm top percentile though and I've never actually seen other frost dks at 110 to compare penises.

Deleted
    Tendril trinket is the best dps class at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    This. Probably frost mage aswell.

Most OP:

Havoc DH
    Rogues (Outlaw especially)
    Windwalker monks (at least in AoE but ST really strong aswell)
    Fire mages
    unholy dks will be beasts with sustained aoe in mythic + where trash lives long enough.

I wouldnt draw any conclusions from hc trash. Warlocks are fine single target and do ok aoe if the trash is longr lived. Only really bad spec atm is arcane mage.

Deleted
    Destruction Warlock is not fine single target, unless you want to give up all of your AoE capability, in which case you can do middle of the road damage.
    Last edited by mmocf11091e3a8; 2016-09-05 at 02:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    windwalkers artifact button needs a nerf in aoe, its just stupid what it can do. Same with demon hunters in general their burst aoe is just stupid atm
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    WW AoE burst is really OP, I mean I have no bloody idea how it can be ever balanced without some sort of adjustment.

DH are quite OP atm. If I want to make 500k dps on aoe as Fire Mage I have to press about 10 buttons - and at least one mistake - you are losing 100k, another mistake - another 100k. As DH you just press: Charge1, Charge2, Eye Beam, Blade Dance - voila! 1m dps in 3 buttons. As Fire mage when my 10 sec CD is over I sit somewhere at 100k dps waiting 2 more minutes for this CD. DH has 10-30 sec CDs for his main aoe abilities. Clearly this burst needs a nerf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ssviolett View Post
    DH are quite OP atm. If I want to make 500k dps on aoe as Fire Mage I have to press about 10 buttons - and at least one mistake - you are losing 100k, another mistake - another 100k. As DH you just press: Charge1, Charge2, Eye Beam, Blade Dance - voila! 1m dps in 3 buttons. As Fire mage when my 10 sec CD is over I sit somewhere at 100k dps waiting 2 more minutes for this CD. DH has 10-30 sec CDs for his main aoe abilities. Clearly this burst needs a nerf.
    One is burst aoe, the other isn't.

I dont see how so many people complain about burst aoe, its large amounts in a short window, which 5-man trash tends to be, of course DH's and WW monks are strong there.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mentholman View Post

I dont see how so many people complain about burst aoe, its large amounts in a short window, which 5-man trash tends to be, of course DH's and WW monks are strong there.
    Because it's not like they sacrifice anything special to achieve that? It doesn't require any special preparation, doesn't ruin their boss dps, doesn't require specific talent build that's useless for anything else. They do fine in other aspects, while also exceling in AOE.

Deleted
    They do very high aoe burst on big packs, on everything else they're just pretty good, they're far from OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Demeia View Post
    Ion claimed melee would do quite well in 5m but that ranged would do better in raids. I suppose we'll have to see. Disappointing that ice mages are so bad, what on earth is up with that.
    Frost is fun to play now, some talents makes you a turret (ray of frost above all) single target is not that bad bad aoe is just embarassing
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mentholman View Post

Because 5-mans are going to be an important part of this expansion, so it's not okay for a few classes to be blatantly more powerful there than others.

Deleted
    Again though, they have a high aoe burst that's reliant on 2 fairly long CD's which definitly makes them strong, but hardly OP. Compare them to other classes like WW monk who are smashing packs of mobs I dont see how anyone can complain about DH's

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by boonoob View Post
    Tendril trinket is the best dps class at the moment

Indeed. We will all be replaced by tentacles.

So I've got an 840 enhancement shaman, and he's tearing things up, and I'm 8/8 mythic thus far. However since I've done basically all my stuff so far I'd like to make an alt. Im open to both melee and ranged dps. What do you think would be a solid choice to compliment the enhancement for alt raids/pvp?

And this is how unnecessary nerfs occur. People whining about the trash in normal and heroic, as mythic- still had decent HP pools. Do I hit 1-2 mil dps. Yes at I'll 840 I do for literally 2 seconds. When FoTI, Eye Beam/BD/Fel Barrage if you use it meet you see large numbers but it tapers off. Now if you nerf these you nerf a lot of ST where we are middle grounding more. Do some classes need balance sure. Should trash dictate that, no.

Deleted
    I think the easiest way to bring WWs und DHs back in line would be, to give spells like "Strike of the Windlord": Deal X to you main target and like half the AOE component to surrounding enemies (or in the path, whatever it is). Basically the older version of Fists of Fury... And on the other hand, give spells like SPs Mind Sear or Shadow Crash a big buff. Many suggestion for interesting buffs/changes can be found in the class forums.

Single traget dps shouldnt be touched for now, except rogues maybe a tiny bit.
    But the AOE Problems really need some big adjustments, before Mythic+ is released. The gap is just simply not acceptable right now.

Deleted
    it is an immense failure that for a pure dps class with 3 dps oriented specilizations warlocks are doing pretty bad.

Blizzards needs to help a few classes like Shamans, Paladins and Warlocks out.

Quote Originally Posted by Insomlol View Post
    Any proof of this?

That seems absurdly high for 800ilvl..
    I cant provide any logs sorry. I have no reason to lie though.
    However, I'm now sitting at about 836 ilvl.
    As frost, my AoE is now around 600k provided there are 5+ mobs. Sits at 300-500k if there are only 3-4 (300k if im REALLY unlucky with KM) Pure ST spikes at 320k and then levels out to sit around 180-240k depending how much I can stick to the boss. 40-60k Higher if i can control an undead minion such as one in BRH

Standard dungeon spec, i use the machine gun spec (icy talons, frozen pulse, avalanche, frostscythe, and GA).
    If the boss is a purely ST fight (even with a priority add such as odin, or swarm in last boss of BRH), ill swap to shattering strikes, runic attenuation and breath of sindragosa. Breath is an underestimated talent that can provide huge upfront burst.

However with Helya, i run with GA instead of breath as I can line them up to hit multiple tentacles fairly regularly. At the start of that fight you can also get Sindragosas fury to hit 3 tentacles in 1 cast which gives you amazing burst.
    Last edited by Taeron; 2016-09-06 at 12:37 AM.