https://twitter.com/nite_moogle/stat...16048624676864 the tweet that's a response to was deleted by me because I figured I'd send it again at a more reasonable hour, but basically, it was asking if they could tell us if the item is on or off the broken shore.

(spoiler, it says a simple 'nope')

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimskull22 View Post
    https://twitter.com/nite_moogle/stat...16048624676864 the tweet that's a response to was deleted by me because I figured I'd send it again at a more reasonable hour, but basically, it was asking if they could tell us if the item is on or off the broken shore.

(spoiler, it says a simple 'nope')
    Well ... we need to find an another person ... or choose more tricky question.

I am not a twitter user so :
    "Is it really obtainable right now?" (will be great to know for a start) if yes ... = not in raids

- - - Updated - - -

Btw OT info about Paladin artifact :

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...8995295?page=2

Hello Othinus,

Game Master <removed> here! (@'.')=@@=('.'@) [Fist Bump]
    Thank you for your patience in waiting for my response, I truly appreciate it.

I understand that you're looking for information regarding one of the hidden appearances for your artifact. While things did indeed drop differently in Beta, that is indeed the point of Beta, to test things.

WoWhead's information is most likely incorrect, hidden appearances have their own methods of being unlocked, they do not simply drop.

I'm sad to say due to the hidden nature of this item, I am not able to provide hints as to how to acquire it.

I will however wish you the best of luck in your search.

So no murloc farming, etc ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauronus77 View Post
    Well ... we need to find an another person ... or choose more tricky question.

I am not a twitter user so :
    "Is it really obtainable right now?" (will be great to know for a start) if yes ... = not in raids

- - - Updated - - -

Btw OT info about Paladin artifact :

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...8995295?page=2

Hello Othinus,

Game Master <removed> here! (@'.')=@@=('.'@) [Fist Bump]
    Thank you for your patience in waiting for my response, I truly appreciate it.

I understand that you're looking for information regarding one of the hidden appearances for your artifact. While things did indeed drop differently in Beta, that is indeed the point of Beta, to test things.

WoWhead's information is most likely incorrect, hidden appearances have their own methods of being unlocked, they do not simply drop.

I'm sad to say due to the hidden nature of this item, I am not able to provide hints as to how to acquire it.

I will however wish you the best of luck in your search.

So no murloc farming, etc ...
    The thing is, some artifact appearances do require an item to drop that progresses them towards their appearance. Havoc DH have to grind a white item in Surumar so they can take it to an NPC that lets them fight something which does drop their appearance.

Deleted
    Still fairly sure I'm correct about the frost skin which would explain why it hasn't been found yet

However the unholy one is a way bigger mystery

Could someone possibly create a ticket and just have a GM confirm that it is in fact obtainable in game at this very moment and not gated behind an upcoming dungeon or raid? I would but I won't be home for quite a while.

Deleted
    I have spent a large portion of my day today swimming all around the Broken Isles, between the ruins and the wrecked ships, found a few unique mobs but nothing special. :'(

Hey guys,

Nice thread! Just from reading the comments and the clue in the description I'm pretty sure I've figured it out.

1) Let's look at the description: ""Fed by the steady settling energy of Icecrown Citadel, this crude and brutal weapon could easily be fashioned into an instrument of death."

Steady settling energy of Icecrown. The only thing I can think of that matches the description of 'steady settling energy' is Icecrown glacier.

Fed by. If it is the glacier then the only thing a glacier feeds would be a river/lake.

2) The weapon itself is a hook and if the river/lake reference is correct then it follows that we probably need to be fishing around water fed by Icecrown glacier.
    - Furthermore, it says in the description that it could be fashioned into a weapon of death - meaning it could have originally been a giant fishing hook that we're now going to use as a weapon.
    - Another thought on this would be that I'm pretty sure from a blizzard dev perspective that the weapons are designed first and then it's someone's job to figure out where to hide them - and it's not too far a stretch to think that they saw the giant hook design and thought "let's make this a fishing thing".

3) The final clue comes from Luctus's chat with the GM Nisierys from earlier in this thread. If we read the response carefully they mention "there is a catch like with every hidden appearance" - a catch - another fishing reference perhaps?

Unfortunately I'm in New Zealand and just starting my work day - so won't be online again for at least 8 hours but I thought I would get my thoughts out there now so we can find this asap!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostmourne View Post
    Hey guys,

Nice thread! Just from reading the comments and the clue in the description I'm pretty sure I've figured it out.

1) Let's look at the description: ""Fed by the steady settling energy of Icecrown Citadel, this crude and brutal weapon could easily be fashioned into an instrument of death."

Steady settling energy of Icecrown. The only thing I can think of that matches the description of 'steady settling energy' is Icecrown glacier.

Fed by. If it is the glacier then the only thing a glacier feeds would be a river/lake.

2) The weapon itself is a hook and if the river/lake reference is correct then it follows that we probably need to be fishing around water fed by Icecrown glacier.
    - Furthermore, it says in the description that it could be fashioned into a weapon of death - meaning it could have originally been a giant fishing hook that we're now going to use as a weapon.
    - Another thought on this would be that I'm pretty sure from a blizzard dev perspective that the weapons are designed first and then it's someone's job to figure out where to hide them - and it's not too far a stretch to think that they saw the giant hook design and thought "let's make this a fishing thing".

3) The final clue comes from Luctus's chat with the GM Nisierys from earlier in this thread. If we read the response carefully they mention "there is a catch like with every hidden appearance" - a catch - another fishing reference perhaps?

Unfortunately I'm in New Zealand and just starting my work day - so won't be online again for at least 8 hours but I thought I would get my thoughts out there now so we can find this asap!
    Will try now! When the GM replied to me using "catch" I thought it sounded like he was giving a nudge!

The way I see it, there are two ways to interpret the Bonereaper's Hook flavor text:

1. The item is already necrotic, i.e., Since this item has been "fed by the steady settling energy of Icecrown Citadel, [it] could easily be fashioned into an instrument of death." So a magic hunk of junk that we pick up.

2. The item is totally ordinary...crude and brutal. But IF the metal were to be "fed by the steady settling energy of Icecrown Citadel, [it] could easily be fashioned into an instrument of death."

The flavor text is open to interpretation. So it's entirely possible that we pick up some twisted hunk of scrap metal from a Skrog (they used anchors as weapons in WC3: The Frozen Throne" or pick it up from the pile of bits and bones from the Abomination Class Hall advancement and then imbue it with necrotic power.

Given that every artifact starts out in the Broken Isles (class halls included), and that there aren't any places in the Broken Isles that directly relate to Icecrown Citadel, I'm inclined to believe it's the second option. We'll find a nasty piece of metal and think, "I could really do some damage with this thing."

Deleted
    i think you may be reading abit too much into it ^^ not trying to shoot you down here mate it's a great theory. <3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostmourne View Post
    Hey guys,

One little problem , where exactly to fish? there is no river in Icecrown ... only under the citadel

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skjaldborg View Post
    The way I see it, there are two ways to interpret the Bonereaper's Hook flavor text:

1. The item is already necrotic, i.e., Since this item has been "fed by the steady settling energy of Icecrown Citadel, [it] could easily be fashioned into an instrument of death." So a magic hunk of junk that we pick up.

2. The item is totally ordinary...crude and brutal. But IF the metal were to be "fed by the steady settling energy of Icecrown Citadel, [it] could easily be fashioned into an instrument of death."

The flavor text is open to interpretation. So it's entirely possible that we pick up some twisted hunk of scrap metal from a Skrog (they used anchors as weapons in WC3: The Frozen Throne" or pick it up from the pile of bits and bones from the Abomination Class Hall advancement and then imbue it with necrotic power.

Given that every artifact starts out in the Broken Isles (class halls included), and that there aren't any places in the Broken Isles that directly relate to Icecrown Citadel, I'm inclined to believe it's the second option. We'll find a nasty piece of metal and think, "I could really do some damage with this thing."
    i like this, though i hope not xD plz don't be gated behind classhall stuff... T__T i wan't it to be an epic journey to get mmy executing sword of doom. i don't know if you guys know but he hidden ability is it has a chance to finish off enemies with lower than 20% health. pretty neat

One little problem , where exactly to fish? there is no river in Icecrown ... only under the citadel
    What about the river in Sholazar Basin? The one thats right next to the avalanche from Icecrown?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bylahgo View Post
    What about the river in Sholazar Basin? The one thats right next to the avalanche from Icecrown?
    Yeah possible,
    For now i am fishing with a horde guy under ICC ... I will give it a try ...

Deleted
    i think we need to let our minds use some pretty hefty imagination here, if I were to hide a weapon like that i'd lock it away in some castle in the secret basement behind bars. also i don't think we should be reading that much into the flavor text, i know it's the only thing we have but...unless it is gated behind orderhall progression i don't see what it can be. but if i HAD to take a guess i'd say it's hinting at a mob type, and apart from undeads the first thing that comes to mind about icc is vrykuls, so something in stormheim maybe? i dunno my head hurts xD

There is water running off of Icecrown into Crystalsong Forest's river. Try there too if you guys haven't already.
    Last edited by Niroshi; 2016-09-07 at 09:21 PM.

Deleted
    How we all feel right now:

Deleted
    Yeah possible,
    For now i am fishing with a horde guy under ICC ... I will give it a try ...

Fished there yesterday with a guy from this thread as well, no result in ~50 catches
    Although I'm low level in fishing so might work if you're higher level, don't know.

What's interesting about that area is that it's both in ICC, it's fishing AND there's a bunch of bones in the water.

Do any hidden artifact spawns in the old world ? I thought it was something in tbe Broken Isles.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solobang View Post
    Fished there yesterday with a guy from this thread as well, no result in ~50 catches
    Although I'm low level in fishing so might work if you're higher level, don't know.

What's interesting about that area is that it's both in ICC, it's fishing AND there's a bunch of bones in the water.
    I am 236 right now, but if there is something, it wont be fishing level related I think ...

EDIT : Trying in pit of saron now ...