Stood in the Fire LegendaryDude's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just tried fishing beneath the new Acherus, but you can't fish there.

Deleted
    Has anyone tryed using runeforging on something like on some grey weapon.

Stood in the Fire LegendaryDude's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by requiser View Post
    Has anyone tryed using runeforging on something like on some grey weapon.
    I like the idea, however i haven't been able to find a weapon with the word hook in it, or a hook as it's tooltip.

Since yesterday I thought a lot about that, and came to following conclusion:

1) The Hook is NOT in ICC. The source of that item must be logically connected to said item. Meanwhile, there are no mobs with Hooks in ICC at all. Also, for the Hook to be just lying on the ground in IC or somewthing is just stupid, we are supposed to search Broken Isles first.

2) What things connected to ICC can we find in BI? Bosses in VH proved to be fail trail. But we have something bigger, obviously connected to ICC, to Death Knights themselves - Acherus.

3) It so happens one of the 8 order hall champions is Abomination that fights with Hook, and spams it constantly to pull opponents when summoned outdoors. This is seriously the best trail we have right now.

4) Order Hall allows us to search for equipment for champions, including our friend Rotgutt. What weapons can we find for abominations? That's right... hooks.

Is it possible the Hook is a very rare drop from researching equipment for champions in order hall? It's logical in some way - while browsing through found equipment, you encounter this old "crude and brutal weapon" from ICC, and notice you can transform it into insturment of Death. And thus you unlock the appearence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Sickle == reaping-hook - Could this help us?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Since yesterday I thought a lot about that, and came to following conclusion:

1) The Hook is NOT in ICC. The source of that item must be logically connected to said item. Meanwhile, there are no mobs with Hooks in ICC at all. Also, for the Hook to be just lying on the ground in IC or somewthing is just stupid, we are supposed to search Broken Isles first.
    There are two abominations on the ramparts with hooks - before you go to gunship fight. But i tried various things with em, nothing came out of it.

Quite a few specs are in the same boat when it comes to searching for hidden artifact appearances. Fire Mage and Havoc DH (in beta you killed mobs in Suramar and got the item, no one has came across it on Legion, no matter what they try), Ret Pally, Arcane Mage, Frost DK, Unholy DK, and Outlaw Rogue.

Many have ticketed GMs in hope of gleaning some information from them. What we have learned is the typical Blizzard answer, Working as Intended. One let slip that looking in Old World is fruitless, look to the Isles. One way or another, all appearances will start on BI.

As far as Unholy, I think Rafoel might be onto something. It actually might be the answer to a few appearances.

Deleted
    So I really just created this account, so I can hunt those skins with you guys. I like the amount of effort and thinking, you put into the search for the runes of the darkening, and the bonereapers hook. This is what I love about MMOs, it brings the people together, kinda reminds of the old "lets search for ashbringer"-hunt, back in the vanilla days. So I wanted to participate.
    So here is what I came up with.

You people have a great way of seeing all of this, and many good ideas. Yet we still haven't found it. Noone found it in the beta, and neither on the live-servers, even though probably thousands and thousands of DK-Players are searching for it. It's the same with the "heart of corruption" from the corrupted remembrance-skin on Ret-Pallys Ashbringer, and some other Skins, like the cat druid etc.
    But what does that mean?
    It could mean that Blizzard is just completely messing with us, by lying about the accessability of the skin at this very moment. I mean, the guardian of the glade skin from the bear druid was only accessible in the emerald nightmare raid. And unless blizzard didn't change that, it is NOT accessible at this very moment. Which would mean the whole statement about them being available right now would be a complete lie.
    On the other hand, someone in the WoW-Forums posted a GM-reply (not proven, its just a copy-pasted, or self written passage of text) stating that wowheads information might just be incorrect, because the beta was for testing, and they probably changed a lot of things on the hidden skins.

So what is true now? We can't tell. We can still try to find them though, if all of the statements from blizz are true.
    The hints that we have are the flavor-texts, the names of the items, and the artifact weapons itself.
    There is one major-problem with that: we don't even know, if the texts and names are actual hints, or just for flavor. I'm looking at hidden skins like "Guise of the Deathwalker" from Havoc-DH, which stated something about a long dead master and the weapon still thirsting for blood, but you obtain it by looting some random item with a certain name, giving that item to an NPC with the same name, who launches you right into some random demons face, from which you can loot the skin, all of this having nothing to do with a deathwalker, or some ancient master with a bloodthirsty weapon.
    So it's kinda difficult to tell, if we are even thinking in the right way, because it might as well be some random thing. Though the fact that on live-servers noone has come across that item somehow, could be "proof" that blizz did actually change some things. But it's not for certain.

But if its a riddle, it's a good one. I'm an unholy DK, so I haven't put that much thought into the runes of the darkening, but I made some suggestions for the bonereapers hook.
    First of all, the flavor text explicitly mentions Icecrown. So if it is actually a riddle it MUST be connected to Icecrown in a very close way. Next thing, the item is called "The Bonereapers Hook", not just "Bonereapers Hook". This kind of implies, that the item belongs to someone or something called or referred to as "(the) bonereaper".
    Or at least someone or something that comes in mind as bonereaper.
    There are many things that will come into mind though, not necessarily on the broken islands. I'm not even sure, if the skin is to be found there. Because, why is it that the players in beta and on live-servers, managed to get behind this "eye of azshara"-orb "riddle" (which is random as f*ck), and not to find this single item, though hours and hours of playtime were wasted for the search of it.
    I know that almost every class has a kind of breadcrumb to go with, that lead players off the island, to find the items otherwise, but maybe in our (or the ret-pallys) case, the item is really just more difficult to find.
    But let's just stay at the islands for now, the things with the strongest connection to icecrown, would be Stormheim and Hellheim. Stormheim because of the whole vrykul theme, that first occured in Wrath, and hellheim because of the ghostly valkyr, that Helya is probably in charge of. But both of those zones have probably triple-dug through by the DK Comm, so I just don't think we'll find it there.
    The other very strong connections to ICC would be Dalaran, since it was there for years, and has now been moved to the broken isles, and of course acherus, which is full of DK players, running around at every given time.
    So I tried searching those rocks under acherus, swimming around in the oceans, and I actually found bones and stuff, and even a small little (pandaren fish-people?) ruin, with no purpose at all.
    I will try to search dalaran for extremely hidden secrets next, allthough it might be just another dead end.

Anyone has some good ideas about dalaran?

PS: sorry for the more than questionable english, I'm a german dude.

What about Lord Marrowgar? He is made of skeletons, he looks reaperish, he drops items like "Bonebreaker Scepter", "Bone Warden's Splitter."
    I know people have scoured ICC, but has anyone tried all things possible with him? I am at work now, otherwise i would try it myself. Maybe there is a bone lying around him that could be fashioned into a weapon?

"Lord Marrowgar is the first boss of the Icecrown Citadel raid. Pieced together by the Lich King from the bones of a thousand vanquished adventurers, he is the guardian of the Frozen Throne within The Spire and wields the power of the throne itself."

The Eye of Azshara orb thing was able to be datamined though and that's probably one of the few reasons why it was figured out. I have no idea how anybody found the cave for the relic though. That was a little crazy. The orbs though were datamined as "hungering orbs" or something like that. If they had been called "Bacon and Eggs" the search would have been harder I'm sure. People wanted to uncover the secret of something that seemed significant. Bacon and eggs does not seem significant.

Deleted
    Okay, didn't know it was datamined, but you have a good point there. I guess if the hook would have been a lootable item from some mob, it would have been found on some loottable (which are usually the first things that are datamined).
    So if it is obtainable there must be more to it. A actual riddle.
    In the ret-pallys case, I would go on a search for the new alexandros mograine (and things related to him) in the broken isles, since his death was the whole reason for the ashbringer to get corrupted back in the day. It would make a lot of sense, and would be awesome to. So... are there similar things on the broken isles? A creature, character, or structure, that went from northrend or the scourge (lichking), to BI? (aside from the obvious ones like acherus and its inhabitants).

Quote Originally Posted by DatDeathknight View Post
    Okay, didn't know it was datamined, but you have a good point there. I guess if the hook would have been a lootable item from some mob, it would have been found on some loottable (which are usually the first things that are datamined).
    So if it is obtainable there must be more to it. A actual riddle.
    In the ret-pallys case, I would go on a search for the new alexandros mograine (and things related to him) in the broken isles, since his death was the whole reason for the ashbringer to get corrupted back in the day. It would make a lot of sense, and would be awesome to. So... are there similar things on the broken isles? A creature, character, or structure, that went from northrend or the scourge (lichking), to BI? (aside from the obvious ones like acherus and its inhabitants).
    If you read the flavor text on the Legendary Unholy Bracers there might be a connection.

Deleted
    Thought about that too, and it seems kind of suspicious. It mentions the lichking explicitly, and that he maybe sent his own agents to BI (which he kind of did already, by making the player character the bringer of his will), but it still could be a clue, if we figure out which Lichking/Scourge-related characters lurk around on the islands.

Edit:
    One of the legendaries also mentions "rattlegore" btw. (the skeleton boss from scholomance). I don't know if this could be of any interest, but if the DK-legendaries come from places like scholomance (not obtained there of course), it may be worth a look. Scholomance is full of bones and necromancy, allthough the connection to icecrown is a bit weak.
    Last edited by mmoca6cc26213b; 2016-09-08 at 01:43 PM.

Okay so what about the map with a couple different x's on it? Has anybody looked at that? Is that map found anywhere else in the game? It's located on the upper floor of Acherus on the right side of the building. It's on a bloody table.

Imo. If there were an item to loot we would know of it already. It would have been datamined I beleive. There gotta be atleast something else here. For example, is each other appearence gained from a quest in the end? Or can they be accessed for example via some some other means?
    Can you for example loot something, or press something when you are dead (as in click something in ghostform) that is not gained from a mob. Therefore beeing alot harder to track down via data-mining?
    I still find the idea of finding some hidden thing while dead the thing with the highest success chance. I think we should run around dead more!

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Okay so what about the map with a couple different x's on it? Has anybody looked at that? Is that map found anywhere else in the game? It's located on the upper floor of Acherus on the right side of the building. It's on a bloody table.
    I think you are on to something. To add to that the NPC standing right in front of said table is Trag Highmountain.

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    I think you are on to something. To add to that the NPC standing right in front of said table is Trag Highmountain.
    Fuuuuuck logging back in now.

do tell how it turns out! This sounds intressting!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by exeetor View Post
    For example, is each other appearence gained from a quest in the end? Or can they be accessed for example via some some other means?
    They are not all obtained by quests. For example the "guise of the deathwalker"-skin from the havoc-DH I mentioned in an earlier post, had no actual quest.
    People killed mobs in suramar, until one dropped "candraels charm". Then they brought the charm to "candrael twinshadow" which launched the character in the air to some flying demon called "downfall". After a little battle in the air, the skin-item could be looted from the demon.
    So the way to obtain the DK-Skins could be anything really.

One GM mentioned that "Frost-DK and Retri-Pally hidden skins are especially fun to obtain". Might as well be true, if we think about the fact that we're talking about the long searched for blade ashbringer, and basically frostmourne, another one of the most epic and wanted weapons in all of WoW. And then I see, that alexandros mograine is reworked and patched in, even though his storyline ended a long time ago, with the corrupted ashbringer in vanilla WoW.
    Also the other three riders. Might all just be coincidential, but I feel that there must be more to it. It would be lame for such awesome weapon-skins, to become random drops, or some random "jump 4 times in the air, dance, then laugh, and at the end corpse explode yourself"-thing.

Test the X while dead aswell btw!
    Thats an overarching rule btw. If u are there to check for this artifact appearence. Do it dead aswell if u dont find anything. I have a strong belief in beeing dead will be the key!

Trag kept his word during the Wrath of the Lich King expansion and joined the assault on Icecrown Citadel. However, this epic battle was fought on many fronts. While we heroes assaulted the citadel directly, Trag and a handful of death knights took the fight to Arthas on another battleground. These warriors were victorious, but rumors tell of how this fearless tauren took an arrow to the knee.
    We need to figure out what this map shows. It could be some place on BI or it could be the old assault plan, the breadcrumb leading us to ICC.

P.s. Here's the map:
    http://imgur.com/a/STA7S
    Last edited by Galathir; 2016-09-08 at 02:17 PM.