Quote Originally Posted by Solobang View Post
    That's not true, many skins requires lots of farming to acquire. Just look at the DHs and prot warriors etc. farming/camping for their skin.

That makes it even better though

WoW should be about mystery and exploring, not datamining. People have such little patience these days.
    well then can we at least know where to start then? You can see why the ambiguity is agitating if it's not even over with when discovered.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    well then can we at least know where to start then? You can see why the ambiguity is agitating if it's not even over with when discovered.
    Again, PATIENCE

We'll find it eventually, we just gotta keep looking. I think this sense of mystery is amazing and just look at how it has brought us DKs together, it's great fun

What if the quest is triggered by the casting of a spell that only unholy DKs can cast. People have talked about hidden symbols on the ground and things of that nature. What if someone stood on one of these symbols and cast Army of the Dead...or perhaps...Dark Arbiter...that would be appropriately thematic.

Any clue about this map?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Good news we aren't the only ones. There was a post in the Rogue Outlaw Thunderfury skin theory thread that might be of some interest. It was a GM saying that 7.1 might help them out, so I think when folks have said all the skins are "in" the game with legion, it might just mean in the data files. But the GM's don't actually know only the Devs do and not many folks are hitting them on Twitter and I doubt they'll respond.

Also, all the skins are considered quests, not items. So consider that when you are searching for it on the data side. There was a rogue who has the thunderfury skin along with the rapier skin (specifically stated not accessible in game). His account is buggy and usually involved in quest being considered completed when he hasn't done them. So take all that for what you will, while you search.

Enjoying this entire search for the hidden skins thing blizz has going on, most interesting interactive community thing we've had in years. My guess with the ones no one has found is that it requires some triggers before anything starts showing up. So certain quest chains completed before you even have a shot at finding it. What those are I don't know.
    I'm sure we could work our way backwards with datamining if possible then if it's all "quest" related.

Quote Originally Posted by bettomendes View Post
    Any clue about this map?

We discussed this yesterday. It seems to be a random map that also appears in Illidari camps.

I believe that map is to the murloc lighthouse NE side of Highmountain. Couldn't find anything there except a cowering human that is non interactable. Tried dropping rottgut on him, nothing. I posted the location of him yesterday.

Guys out of curiously, there are items racks behind the dps dummies in ebon hold, and I see set pieces on like from ICC and BWD and such.. It lets me hover over them and read the set names but not interact any further. What gives? Just wondering in case its remotely related to the "puzzle" or breadcrumbs thats suppose to lead us to skins

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    Guys out of curiously, there are items racks behind the dps dummies in ebon hold, and I see set pieces on like from ICC and BWD and such.. It lets me hover over them and read the set names but not interact any further. What gives? Just wondering in case its remotely related to the "puzzle" or breadcrumbs thats suppose to lead us to skins
    I only see one with the purple scourgelord set on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Argyn View Post
    Hmm ok I guess it must be something to do with what stuff you have in transmog and void storage or something..

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    I'm sure we could work our way backwards with datamining if possible then if it's all "quest" related.
    That was the theory in the Rogue thread, and it wasn't half bad, the guy was only at 102, but no one could come up with anything. So the theory was there has to be trigger events somewhere. But no one found anything. Their thread is very similar to this one and not a bad place to start. I could've been wrong or misunderstood when i said the skins are considered quests, but I thought that is what I read, or quest related somehow. I just know they don't show up as items like a traditional drop does I believe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Argyn View Post
    probably a hidden feature because i do not see any of the sets because i dont own any of them ompletely you might have all the setpieces of scourgelord

Deleted
    No hint in the interview, but they say they were worried that the Kosumoth thing would've been too obscure.
    So I don't think we need to look for anything more convoluted than that.

I dont know why but imo the frost hidden skin looks a bit like the new corrupted ashbringer, so long shot:
    maybe frost dk and ret pallies have something in common for their hidden skins.
    like the horsemen for example.
    paladin because the first time it got corrupted it was with alexandros
    dk because... well we recruited 4 new ones

and maybe like already said: rets and frosts have to do sth together

Quote Originally Posted by InTheClouds View Post
    Alright for the frost hidden appearance I really believe it has something to do with the memories of arthas. Blizzard has said that some of these appearances can be figured out by a puzzle so I wonder if the things arthas says when you click on him are the "puzzle" or "riddle"? For instance in Stormheim you see his memory on the grave of kings, he mentions kings in their grave. In Val'sharah you see him right before you enter the nightmare questing area, he mentions "the darkness and rage against the nightmare". Coincidence? I think not. Maybe if someone is really good at riddles/puzzles they can better interpret these. Here is all four phrases each memory of arthas says:

"You believe that you are in control, that your will is your own... Yet you do as He commands. You exist by His whim alone. You imagine yourself to be free, but you will always be His instrument." - Highmountain

"So many fallen kings, silent in their numberless graves. Even the mighty are rendered nameless by time. Every king must kneel before death." - Stormheim

"The darkness does not die, rage against the nightmare, struggle as you will.. The infinite dark is patient, we will all be claimed in the end." - Val'sharah

"See the spirits writhe and twist, the numberless shades forsaken by time, the dead outnumber the living.. And always will." - Azsuna
    If I would translate that into attacks/emotes, it would be:
    -Control Undead
    -/kneel or do sth while dead
    -Death grip
    -Wraith walk or do sth while dead

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    Just the Magma Plated Set for me, maybe with all set...

Quote Originally Posted by supahaxor View Post
    Just the Magma Plated Set for me, maybe with all set...
    I don't know how the armor stuff works. I only have the shoulders and helm for the purple scourgelord set but I have all the sets. Like all of them.

Has anyone tried talking to the four kings in Halls of Valor as Frost, normally people let the tank do it but they strike me as a group of kings who don't want their names forgotten. Skovold definitely bites it though, that's one king who won't be kneeling to us. Too bad there's no way to find him after we kill him like we can find Ymiron. The Dark Runeblade definitely has a Skovold theme to it.

As an aside note I'm really baffled how Blizzard could add the Blood appearance into the game in such a way and have the other two so outrageously obfuscated by comparison. I mean for fucks sake, the Anima of Souls requirement is literally "Do good at withered army training".

Deleted
    For the frost one, there is literally a rare called the Nameless King that after death has some interaction with the player. Maybe has to do something with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Lutece View Post
    For the frost one, there is literally a rare called the Nameless King that after death has some interaction with the player. Maybe has to do something with that?
    I went to it, you cant spawn him again after you do it once so you have to wait for someone else to come by. Turns out he was the eldest brother of Skovald who was cursed by the runebinders to live as a corpse. The other named Vrykul spirits in the area are also siblings of Skovold who fought over who would be king, but Skovold's blade was fastest and he secured his position.

Free! Free from that Accursed Body!
    By besting me in battle, by destroying my body, you have undone the vile curse laid upon me by the mystics.
    I was the eldest, I was to be king. Not that runt Skovald!
    I go now to the Halls of Valor. You have my everlasting thanks, champion. May you one day die with honor.

Dark Runeblade looks like an evil version of the Red Sword of Courage, a Vrykul blade that drops off King Ymiron in Utgarde Pinnacle and is shrouded in green fel energy. Vrykul culture has A LOT to do with runes.
    Last edited by Viscereality; 2016-09-09 at 07:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscereality View Post
    I went to it, you cant spawn him again after you do it once so you have to wait for someone else to come by. Turns out he was the eldest brother of Skovald who was cursed by the runebinders to live as a corpse. The other named Vrykul spirits in the area are also siblings of Skovold who fought over who would be king, but Skovold's blade was fastest and he secured his position.

Dark Runeblade looks like an evil version of the Red Sword of Courage, a Vrykul blade that drops off King Ymiron in Utgarde Pinnacle and is shrouded in green fel energy. Vrykul culture has A LOT to do with runes.
    Seeing as he is currently a world quest, I paid him a visit and tried to control him, to no avail.