Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Most beautiful zones ever?

I saw the zones in beta, but walking around in The broken Isles I keep stopping to take screenshots and to enjoy the view.
    The Graphics are better then the old zones on high settings but besides that the art feels so beautiful and diverse over the Isles.

I really liked the General theme of the wod and mop zones but I feel in the legion zones the scenery changes way more often, which make the zones feel bigger then they are IMO.

Maybe I will get bored of them eventually but for now these are the best looking zones they ever created IMO, and Suramar is the most real looking city they ever created, but I only got to see Suramar a bit.
    I really look forward to exploring Suramar and raiding EM and NH, they seem to be on par with the zones beauty.

The leveling is really good but in wod the leveling was just as good IMO. What legion lvling has over wod is the art.

love surmar...love the fact that end zone we are suppose to spend alot of time grinding rep and stuff in it is not some war torn wasteland but actually a beautiful city with normal citizen and all !

Absolutely agree with this. All four of the zones are gorgeous and a huge step above anything in the game previous.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Honestly? Yeah, to me, these are the most impressive and beautiful zones they've made. And I know that part of that is because the general style and aesthetic of the zones fits my tastes- Gorgrond was impressive, and Frostfire was too, in their own ways, but they didn't really align with my personal preferences. Now, Shadowmoon Valley? That was some gooood shit.

But I've loved... every minute.... of all of these zones. It's amazing.
    Last edited by Daetur; 2016-08-31 at 07:32 AM.

Deleted
    I'm still only lvl 108 after about 12 hours of play due to the zones being so impressive, this is the first time I've not rushed to endgame and took in everything.

Aside from the new zones I also really like how they have made old content relevant with the class order quests.

Overall, for sure. And not a single orc hut on the whole continent. It's great.

I think Legion zones are pretty bland and the only one i would really compliment is Val'sharah. Heck, i dont even remember the other ones.

WoD had prettty good zones visually.

Nothing can beat the classic Howling Fjord to Grizzly Hills transistion though :P For many reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    I think Legion zones are pretty bland and the only one i would really compliment is Val'sharah. Heck, i dont even remember the other ones.

WoD had prettty good zones visually.

Nothing can beat the classic Howling Fjord to Grizzly Hills transistion though :P For many reasons.
    meh plenty can.

I was blown away by Highmountain and Thunder Totem!

If only we had intence weather effects... Would be perfect!
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    If only we had intence weather effects... Would be perfect!
    There's an area in Azsuna that has heavy rain in it, i forgot the name though (So many cool new things fighting for brain-space! :P ), but it was pretty cool-looking.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    There's an area in Azsuna that has heavy rain in it, i forgot the name though (So many cool new things fighting for brain-space! :P ), but it was pretty cool-looking.
    That will be awesome i love heavy raining and general over the top weather effects
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Draenor had little beauty outside of SMV, felt very cramped too despite being bigger than the BIs. I'd say the prettiest zone in WoW title still goes to Jade Forest, but Highmountain is tied for 2nd with the good ol' Grizzly Hills.

I hadn't noticed anything, just the fly overs on the way to Stormheim. Just all seems the same to me. All looks like The Barrens.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Draenor had really great looking zones as well, but yeah, the Broken Isles look gorgeous. Val'sharah is my favourite zone so far both in terms of looks and story, but I have only played through that and Stormheim so far. Will judge the other zones after I'm done with them.

Are we talking overall, or just in Legion? I'm not yet far enough in Legion to say much about its zones.

I love the permanent winter zones. Howling Fjord is my favorite overall. Dun Morogh and Storm Peaks are also up there. My favorite starting zones are Dun Morogh and Mulgore (first characters were a dwarf and tauren, and their starting areas got me hooked on the game).
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2016-08-31 at 12:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always been a big fan of Tauren (even though I play Alliance) so going to High Mountain first was a good choice for me.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Its definitely just nostalgia talking, but some of my favorites prior to Legion (I'm not far enough through to comment on those fairly): Nagrand (Burning Crusade), Borean Tundra, Howling Fjord, Scholazar, Crystalsong, Vash'jir, Jade Forest.

I'm sure there are some classic zones as well, I just spend so little time on the old Azeroth map that they don't come to mind right now >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Overall, for sure. And not a single orc hut on the whole continent. It's great.
    Oh yeah that!

As for the zones, I only visited Val'Sharah so far and it is truly impressive, even on the lowest resolution.

I wouldn't necessarily say they are the most beautiful, but overall I think they are the best.

It's not just about how they look, but about how they feel. These zones have a solid theme with a lot of character, great quests, and they just make you want to go out and explore them.