Not being able to transmog legendaries in this expansion is silly

The title actually says the main point of this thread.

Devs told us that they want to keep legendary items "legendary" as a reasoning for why they won't make legendaries transmoggable.

Right now every spec has the most legendary weapon they can get because the point of artifacts is actually that: get the best weapon you can get for your spec against the legion.

My question is: Why can't I still transmog my weapon to shadowmourne or tarecgosa's wrath when I'm carrying the Ashbringer, Doomhammer etc.?

Thinking that uniqueness of Ashbringer is not more important than uniqueness of shadowmourne is pretty dumb all in all.

Edit: Note that I most definitely prefer using Ashbringer's appearance over shadowmourne but for players who don't, this is kind of an unnecessary restriction.
    Last edited by Deno; 2016-08-31 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deno View Post
    The title actually says the main point of this thread.

Devs told us that they want to keep legendary items "legendary" as a reasoning for why they won't make legendaries transmoggable.

Right now every spec has the most legendary weapon they can get because the point of artifacts is actually that: get the best weapon you can get for your spec against the legion.

My question is: Why can't I still transmog my weapon to shadowmourne or tarecgosa's wrath when I'm carrying the Ashbringer, Doomhammer etc.?

Thinking that uniqueness of Ashbringer is not more important than uniqueness of shadowmourne is pretty dumb all in all.
    BLIZZARD: "Mah visions! Too valuable!"

I get what they were trying to do, but once again it seems that Blizzard has missed the point of giving players options. Here is this amazing tool to fully customize a character's appearance, but the first thing they do is take away the option in the name of whatever vision they seem to be trying to present.

Blizzard, FFS, stop trying to hold our hands! We're adults(most of us anyway) and can make our own decisions.

My legendary Items, the ones earned and the ones I've earned past their "prestige" date, are all on my bank. But it's for the best, guys, otherwise they wouldn't feel "legendary". Thanks, Blizzard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    My legendary Items, the ones earned and the ones I've earned past their "prestige" date, are all on my bank. But it's for the best, guys, otherwise they wouldn't feel "legendary". Thanks, Blizzard!
    You can currently Xmog the Legendary cloaks.

I believe the reasoning was Legendaries represent the expansion they came from, ideally being symbolic of the whole expansion. When we move away from the expansion we leave the legendary behind...a bittersweet sentiment but a it serves as a milestone or landmark to look back on.

But it's for the best, guys, otherwise they wouldn't feel "legendary". Thanks, Blizzard!
    Artifacts are quite literally handed out to us and I agree that's not on the same level of rarity as a Legendary weapon. However, while some legendaries do require a considerable amount of effort to acquire (or they did when they were current), not all of them do. Take Thori'dal for example, which has a rather high droprate. With Sunwell's difficulty being trivial nowadays, it's not hard to obtain at all. Where is the prestige in that now?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    I believe the reasoning was Legendaries represent the expansion they came from, ideally being symbolic of the whole expansion. When we move away from the expansion we leave the legendary behind...a bittersweet sentiment but a it serves as a milestone or landmark to look back on.
    This, I can get behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluimerstand View Post
    Artifacts are quite literally handed out to us and I agree that's not on the same level of rarity as a Legendary weapon. However, while some legendaries do require a considerable amount of effort to acquire (or they did when they were current), not all of them do. Take Thori'dal for example, which has a rather high droprate. With Sunwell's difficulty being trivial nowadays, it's not hard to obtain at all. Where is the prestige in that now?
    Agree. It holds a lot more prestige and that Legendary Feel on the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    You can currently Xmog the Legendary cloaks.
    And luckily they are pretty neat. But I doubt anyone complaining on this thread is doing it for the Cloaks, out of the Legendary Items available in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    And luckily they are pretty neat. But I doubt anyone complaining on this thread is doing it for the Cloaks, out of the Legendary Items
    available in the game.
    I haven't tried yet but does anyone know if the animations still proc if you transmogrify them?

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    I haven't tried yet but does anyone know if the animations still proc if you transmogrify them?
    They do not. They are still pretty high quality and with some nice color schemes though.

10+ Year Old Account
    They seem to think that the immersion factor means legendary items should be transmog able. The game hasn't been particularly immersive for about 6 or 7 years at least, and this shouldn't be a barrier. Sure we can just equip them if we want when not in combat, but I'd like to tmog them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    This is a seemingly-good reasoning but actually it's not in my opinion. Every vanity item from previous expacs has this property. Including those tier-sets etc. Why should legendaries be an exception? They have been most easily obtainable since like wod's beginning.

We actually leave ALL of the items behind in that expac, do we really need a reminder and a restriction?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Zero good reason for them to not be moggable. Oh well, Blizzard hates fun.