Deleted

Is this because of the DDOS attacks?

Loading screens freezing
    Random disconnecting
    Instance aborted errors

Literally spent 44 mins trying to log onto my rogue with either it not connecting, freezing on loading screen or actually loading only to freeze again on another loading screen. As it is it's impossible to play

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends does this happen always?

If you are referring to last night there was reports that there was DDoS attacks going and causing issues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    Depends does this happen always?

If you are referring to last night there was reports that there was DDoS attacks going and causing issues.
    Been suffering it past few days but tonight is by far worst, was working ish this afternoon

what isp are you on? I'm in the UK on BT, had no issues at all with wow. The only thing i've noticed with the whole b.net group is the wow website is slow as fuck

takes a good 30 seconds to load a simple armory page, if it doesn't time out

Deleted
    Plusnet is my internet provider

BT here,

Last night I couldn't get past any character log in screen. Tonight I got on but had a avg 300-500 ping constantly.

I don't throw all the blame on blizz / DDOS attacks mind, where I am currently is a stable connection, but its not the best quality (good few miles away from the towns exchange / servers) 90 -120 ping is an average normally

Can't speak for EU, but for NA I was completely lagfree all day until the DDoS started, and even then it wasn't lag, it was just a sudden disconnect.

10+ Year Old Account
    EU is a shitfest.

Same disaster as WoD Launch on some select reams like Silvermoon-EU.

They havn't learned jack from WoD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeGee View Post
    EU is a shitfest.

I played from 11am to 11pm the next day on Twisting Nether EU (high pop like silvermoon) and I had no problems what so ever, alright had 1 odd dc but nothing compared to the usual shitfest. I feel your comment is more salt than actuality. That being said I don't know how your launch went.

EU is a shitfest.

wat

10 char

Get this straight: WoW servers were never affected by ddos. Blizzard being sloppy and cheap on wod launch = not ddos.

I haven't had a single issue with any disconnects or crashes or anything.

/shrug

but then again my server is pretty medium-low pop

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    Get this straight: WoW servers were never affected by ddos. Blizzard being sloppy and cheap on wod launch = not ddos.
    This is partially false. Blizzard's Warlords launch was a mess but DDOS attacks were happening and making it difficult on top of that. This sort of logic where it can be one thing or the other but not both is dishonest in a very straightforward way. It's perfectly feasible to have something like DDOS attacks make a bad situation worse.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    My server is tagged Low

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx_C7LkB1Q8

While the main problem with WoD launch were the significant hardware issues that made it nearly unplayable, DDoS attacks were definitely a contributing factor. This time around, DDoS seems to be the only issue they're having and my experience has been the best of any Blizzard launch in recent years (D3, WoD, MoP).

DDoS attacks suck because they're nearly impossible to defend against, and anyone regardless of their computer literacy can launch one. It's just a botnet flooding blizzard with illegitimate traffic which is nearly indistinguishable from real users. If you don't believe that the attacks occur, then you can just as easily watch a map like: http://map.norsecorp.com/#/ when there's server trouble and see for yourself.

Deleted
    How can I tell if the issue is a DDOS attack and not something my end?

Nope, this was happening on the PTR and it's since been happening on live, DDOS or not. Loading screens stuck at 90%, BLZ132 errors, disconnections, instance aborted when using portals or hearthstones, etc. Loads of posts about it in the EU forums.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Plusnet is my internet provider
    These might interest you:

http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...3321716?page=1
    https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-...t/td-p/1361713

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    This is partially false. Blizzard's Warlords launch was a mess but DDOS attacks were happening and making it difficult on top of that. This sort of logic where it can be one thing or the other but not both is dishonest in a very straightforward way. It's perfectly feasible to have something like DDOS attacks make a bad situation worse.
    There was never any proof of ddos on wod launch.

Server overload ≠DDoS

Deleted
    EU is a shitfest.

Oh, but they have, business-wise. When subs plummeted so much they decided to stop publishing them, they sold so much tin there were reoccurring launch-time problems. You don't really think they bought a lot back just to keep your game smooth?