Affliction Issues

Is anyone else playing Affliction at level 110? I feel like I'm really struggling to keep up to everyone else in damage, even when they're only using 1-3 buttons meanwhile i'm having to manage all my DoTs as well as effigy etc. It's just rather disappointing being bottom constantly, despite putting a lot of work into it.. Maybe it's just me, I was looking for anyone else's opinion on things.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by x_Fiona_X View Post
    Is anyone else playing Affliction at level 110? I feel like I'm really struggling to keep up to everyone else in damage, even when they're only using 1-3 buttons meanwhile i'm having to manage all my DoTs as well as effigy etc. It's just rather disappointing being bottom constantly, despite putting a lot of work into it.. Maybe it's just me, I was looking for anyone else's opinion on things.

Thank you
    Affliction is not a DPS spec. It is a healing spec that focuses primarily on self healing.

Deleted
    Having the exact same experience as you

People are getting mad at me cause I do about the same damage as the tank, meanwhile the dk damage (which is mainly dots too) is like double of mine, I don't blame the group, but affliction is just bad in 5 mans now. From what I've seen the other specs are not i a better place compared to a cleaving melee. And yeah maybe we should not compare but when your doing half the dmg as your party members your in a bad place.

Affliction is only good leveling and high end mythics, it sucks for any other PVE content.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

Quote Originally Posted by deef View Post
    People are getting mad at me cause I do about the same damage as the tank, meanwhile the dk damage (which is mainly dots too) is like double of mine, I don't blame the group, but affliction is just bad in 5 mans now. From what I've seen the other specs are not i a better place compared to a cleaving melee. And yeah maybe we should not compare but when your doing half the dmg as your party members your in a bad place.
    Warlocks, balance druids, ele shamans, and any ranged that isn't a fire mage or hunter generally have a ton of ramp up for their AoE, which makes them weak.

It's a problem because you spend all this time ramping up resources/multidotting so by the time you are finished ramping up, the mobs are already dead from the burst aoe for melee/hunters/fire mages.

I've been doing pretty good damage, what traits did you pick?

Deleted
    Pulling highest aoe dps of all classes i´ve seen in heroics so far, no problem pulling 1-2 m dps on some packs. And keeps up decently even on single target even if specced as aoe / farm talents.

Deleted
    Affliction aoe is quite amazing actually, the thing i have issues with is the ST shard regen. Be it i have very low haste (15%) i gain an average of 6shards per minute. Any 1 else noticing the lack of shard regen on single target?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunt View Post
    Affliction is only good leveling and high end mythics, it sucks for any other PVE content.
    Affliction is still my go-to spec while doing world quests, you can pull a lot of mobs and SOC + the AOE end talent to clear faster than destro can.

It certainly seems unpleasantly weak in general, but that shouldn't come as news to anyone. Blizzard have changed afflictions niche from being a historically ST / multidotter with next to no AOE, to being an AOE class with sad single target output.

I've been investing in the affliction artifact until the second golden trait you can unlock in the hopes that I could play around with it in Legion since I used to like affliction, but I'm tempted to leave it be and spend more time focusing on demo. I was originally planning on neglecting that but the more I play affliction and destruction, the more unsatisfied I am. Maybe demo will be more entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Affliction is still my go-to spec while doing world quests, you can pull a lot of mobs and SOC + the AOE end talent to clear faster than destro can.

It certainly seems unpleasantly weak in general, but that shouldn't come as news to anyone. Blizzard have changed afflictions niche from being a historically ST / multidotter with next to no AOE, to being an AOE class with sad single target output.

I've been investing in the affliction artifact until the second golden trait you can unlock in the hopes that I could play around with it in Legion since I used to like affliction, but I'm tempted to leave it be and spend more time focusing on demo. I was originally planning on neglecting that but the more I play affliction and destruction, the more unsatisfied I am. Maybe demo will be more entertaining.
    Yeah I've been feeling that too , it has nothing to do with dps ( well maybe it does) it's the overall feel , it's so diluted.

I feel like all lock specs are suffering because of the one common flaw between them all, the ramp up, which is making all 3 specs feel like a chore , having the fun sucked out of me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diwineq View Post
    Pulling highest aoe dps of all classes i´ve seen in heroics so far, no problem pulling 1-2 m dps on some packs. And keeps up decently even on single target even if specced as aoe / farm talents.
    how? shadowflame and demon seed?

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbars View Post
    how? shadowflame and demon seed?
    Yes, pretty much.

I would blame reap soul for this.

If i look at other artifact main abilities i barely find one which strength is tied to the skilled traits. Reap soul unleashes its full potential only if the artifact is complete skilled. Other classes don't have this "problem".

But its still fun. Activating reap soul just before a big trash pack is about to die (just for 5sec) to boost soulflame and do 1 million dps is fun. XD

The damage while goes up in Legion as you level and gear, its behind other DPS builds by as much as 50% .. The problem is much worse in PvP ..

Quote Originally Posted by Diwineq View Post
    Whats your talents and rotation?

You'd probably want to max out your aoe/cleave potential in dungeons, even in heroics.
    Sure, stacking agony to 20 and keeping effigy up is great, but not really needed in those circumnstances, as neither mobs or bosses give you enough time to fully ramp up your damage.

I myself run drain soul, eternal corruption, grimoire of sacrifice and phantom singularity(currently using siphon life instead of sow the seeds since I like more self-healing :P).
    For mob packs I generally just toss a seed and singularity whenever I can, but usually stick to drain soul for more immediate aoe damage.

Too bad you can't switch back for the bosses, aside from carrying around tomes for that.

That is what I run too, but too bad Grimoire of Sacrifice loses too much single target damage, it's not very viable outside of trash heavy fights.

What I do for mob packs instead is I put on agony, seed and then UA, so I can time the seed cast perfectly to have it reapplied as it blooms.