Investing in Frost or Arcane artifact?

So yeah, Fire is fun. But I think I enjoy the Frost and Arcane play style better. If I invest in either of those artifacts, am I gimping myself since Fire is the "hot" spec now dps-wise? I could play fire, but, I just don't think it's my preferred spec.

Also, I assume picking one artifact to get to rank 13 first is the best course? And now spreading your power between a couple?

Quote Originally Posted by discoslice View Post
    So yeah, Fire is fun. But I think I enjoy the Frost and Arcane play style better. If I invest in either of those artifacts, am I gimping myself since Fire is the "hot" spec now dps-wise? I could play fire, but, I just don't think it's my preferred spec.

Also, I assume picking one artifact to get to rank 13 first is the best course? And now spreading your power between a couple?
    as i said since beta: i dont get it how blizz believe that magically they change their behavior in balancing. and based on the past exp, pure dps classes are fucked like hell in Legion. bc hybrids like a pala will always have a more or less working dps spec. bc its his only dps spec. was always that way. boomkin, shadow, ret, dps shaman - never the big winners, but working.

but... on the pure dps side there was always a big winner spec (sometimes 2) but ALWAYS that omg bullshit spec. bc (like blizz said) "if a pure spec sucks, they have 2 another". so far so good.

but with artifact system in mind... that statement gets a lot more worse. but on the other hand, i dont believe for whatever reason, tha balancing magically dont go the same path as in all previous expansions.

or in short, as i said since beta: its hoooooooorible dangerous to play a pure dps in Legion.

so, here we go...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by discoslice View Post

to answer your question: if you wanna be real competitive, you have to focus 1 spec.