Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    If what you do is allowed, I don't see why "conspiracy theories" wouldn't be allowed...
    Imagine my surprise when I learned you can't tell the different between fact and fiction
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    I read that Keemstar had like 90% of his videos demonetized.
    What subjects do his videos cover?

Side note, I wonder what they'll do to Rucka Rucka Ali:

Last edited by TrumpIsPresident; 2016-09-01 at 09:37 PM.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    What subjects do his videos cover?

Side note, I wonder what they'll do to Rucka Rucka Ali:

He's a drama bully.

As for "I wonder what they'll do..." ideas, I had a recommended video for a Die Antwoord music video where the preview image was a hit of LSD on someone's tongue. If that doesn't violate the "using drugs" clause, I don't know what does.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So...exactly how ads work on every other medium, pretty much? You realize that advertisers can target their ad buys on TV, in magazines/newspapers, on the radio etc. to avoid them appearing new certain content for the most part, and to target specific audiences, right?

I mean, Google definitely could do a lot to improve things on YouTube, both for advertisers and content creators, don't get me wrong. It never really feels like they try very hard, but then again I don't think they actually make a profit off of YouTube, at least not as of last year, so it makes sense that they're not pushing very hard.
    yea, I do. but this is about individual videos. one vid that may or may not contain opinions or imagery an advertiser doesn't want to associate a certain brand or service with. like I reeeeeeeally doubt you'll find some wholesome ad about life insurance before a filth frank vid.

hard to say, I maintain that YT is run by people who don't either care like you said or want to make YT this definitively wholesome family friendly thing, which the users and creators don't want. and it's the ad companies that can't seem to handle it. so yeah this could either be a thing that's enforced for the rest of time or I'm betting it'll be under the rug before people even realize it.

He's a drama bully.

As for "I wonder what they'll do..." ideas, I had a recommended video for a Die Antwoord music video where the preview image was a hit of LSD on someone's tongue. If that doesn't violate the "using drugs" clause, I don't know what does.
    Every rap video ever made uses the N word.

Guess they'll all have to come down per the racism directive.

Wakka wakka wakka ...as if that would ever happen.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Imagine my surprise when I learned you can't tell the different between fact and fiction
    You don't even post facts.

Google at the very least should be explaining themselves with some substantial justification.

It'll be very interesting to see how selective they are at enforcing this new rule, I'm SURE it won't be abused for political ends /s

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    i didnt know saying the word "Acne" makes you a cynical asshole.
    https://twitter.com/melaniietweets/s...099904?lang=de
    YouTube has gone to BS ever since Google took over. From the copyright BS that fucked a lot of people over, to the censorships, partner program, etc. Its all BS.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    Google at the very least should be explaining themselves with some substantial justification.

It'll be very interesting to see how selective they are at enforcing this new rule, I'm SURE it won't be abused for political ends /s
    They won't, based on their previous drama eruptions. Even if they did, their explanation would be "we own YouTube and do what we want."

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    These are so vague that say a moderator type with a "might makes right," mentality and an extremely degenerated sense of personal ethics or morals could simply use it to punish and harass people he or she does not like.
    What? That is just craaaazy. That doesn't happen ANYWHERE on the internet... ANYWHERE! I mean, moderators doling out punishment based on their personal opinions regardless of what the rules actually say? Man, I can't remember the last time that has happened anywhere that I personally frequent. /sarcasm

So ya. More pathetic rules for more websites to silence or harm the opinions that they don't like. Can't wait. What an age we live in.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

10+ Year Old Account
    People still think this is about politics? Go figure.

- - - Updated - - -

I read that Keemstar had like 90% of his videos demonetized.
    Well if anything good came out of this, its that. People who post private information of others on the web in order to get them harassed in real life should not be making money while doing so.

- - - Updated - - -

Youtube is my main source of entertainment, although I focus on the gaming side. Its a fucking cesspool and cesspools are not attractive to advertisers. Its a shame, because its a beautiful cesspool

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Well if anything good came out of this, its that. People who post private information of others on the web in order to get them harassed in real life should not be making money while doing so.

- - - Updated - - -

Youtube is my main source of entertainment, although I focus on the gaming side. Its a fucking cesspool and cesspools are not attractive to advertisers. Its a shame, because its a beautiful cesspool
    You're just salty because all your Harambe vids are about to be demonetized and you'll have to go back to the newspaper route.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Well, it does say that they will demonetize videos that contain things they consider to be controversial political conflicts.

If youtube was doing it for the advertisers, they would allow the advertisers to set their own preferences on which videos their advertisements play for. Instead youtube is just taking the reins and deeming videos not fit for advertisements based off of their personal interpretations and not the advertisers.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

10+ Year Old Account
    It all looks nefarious at first, but once you see it's all done by a bot looking at tags then you kind of have it coming.

Tagging a video with the word jew, common boogie. You don't need to use such tags anyway, and ya it's the adverts that are choosing which tags.

Sad to see companies like google trying to do this, largely for political reasons. It's a form of propaganda, by discouraging dissent of opinions they disagree with, they are essentially advocating censorship, This only validates people's concerns about political correctness leading to large levels of censorship, not just from the government but from corporations.

7+ Year Old Account
    This has been posted by H3H3 productions, in which ethan attempts to explain what's happening.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    So, there goes videogames i guess? Or is there a different definition for video game violence?

Any "adult" podcast is banned or forced to use dumb beeping noises? Or will they be an exception for being 18+?

Mentioning drugs in your video will make it demonetized, great. What about videogames again? Do they slip under the radar or youtube will lose almost all of its content?

all hail big brother i guess. But i guess if you expect to make money off natural disasters you shouldn't be doing that off youtube, there are plenty of "charity" out there.
    Don't forget music. I guess music videos like Anaconda will get banned, though good riddance since most of the trash music videos are from terrible genres like pop and rap.

The worst part about YouTube sucking is there lacks an alternative. Dailymotion was destroyed by Yahoo, Vimeo isn't browser friendly, and probably nobody else.

15+ Year Old Account
    "Inappropriate language, including harassment, profanity and vulgar language"
    Guess 90% of the videos i see will be fucked then
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    I really doubt this will go through, that's pretty much all the content.