Deleted

PSA: Ulduar Scenario Bug

Had a rather frustrating bug during the Ulduar scenario - it took me a couple of hours to figure out what the cause was and I *think* I know what is happening so I submitted a bug report and I'm posting this to hopefully save people time and a lot of frustration.

Towards the end of the scenario during Stage 6/8 "A Feat of Battle" I was killing Blood Queen Morvaniss only to have the door after her leading to Thorim stay resolutely shut. If you kill her and the door stays shut that's it, scenario is bugged and nothing can be done about it except to drop the quest and try again.

The spider mobs in the gauntlet during Stage 6 hit pretty fucking hard and the only way I was staying alive as arms was by kiting them when on low health and healing up with Second Wind. While kiting them I noticed that there were spiders in the background who had dropped down which I didn't aggro (would not have survived pulling them) that then despawned. The next time I ran through the scenario I re-specced to Prot, made sure I aggroed every arachnid turd that dropped from the ceiling and the door opened first time after killing Morvaniss.

So while I can't be 100% sure that was the cause of the bug I've got good reason to believe it. Hopefully this helps.

TLDR: Do the Ulduar scenario as Prot.

This was a common complaint on the beta as well, which sadly was never addressed. I'm sure many players noticed it as soon as they reached the Broken Shore at the very beginning of their artifact quest line, and the Imps all turned and started destroying the player with fireballs.

The reason is because the scenarios scale with ilvl, which for enemies means they gain an increase in health and damage. Unfortunately, while the health evens out the amount of extra damage the player might do, the player has no answer to the extra damage intake. My biggest complaint with this is that there would be an easy solution in the NPCs that accompany the player throughout the scenario... unfortunately they are completely useless. At least one of them really should have been a tank, or a healer (Val'kyr?), but I guess that isn't "Warrior" enough.

Prot is good because they are functionally immortal, with their mixture of heavy mitigation and self-healing after kills. As above, even if you don't have any artifact investment, go prot for the scenarios, or be prepared to kite heal your way to victory using Leap, snares, fear, and Furious Charge or Second Wind.

Deleted
    Not complaining about the damage (although it wouldn't surprise me to see it tuned down a bit) as personally I'm enjoying the challenge. The bug with the door in the scenario however has the potential to waste a huge amount of time.

Deleted
    i have the same , i am standing infront of the door and nothing happens

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    This was a common complaint on the beta as well, which sadly was never addressed. I'm sure many players noticed it as soon as they reached the Broken Shore at the very beginning of their artifact quest line, and the Imps all turned and started destroying the player with fireballs.

The reason is because the scenarios scale with ilvl, which for enemies means they gain an increase in health and damage. Unfortunately, while the health evens out the amount of extra damage the player might do, the player has no answer to the extra damage intake. My biggest complaint with this is that there would be an easy solution in the NPCs that accompany the player throughout the scenario... unfortunately they are completely useless. At least one of them really should have been a tank, or a healer (Val'kyr?), but I guess that isn't "Warrior" enough.

Prot is good because they are functionally immortal, with their mixture of heavy mitigation and self-healing after kills. As above, even if you don't have any artifact investment, go prot for the scenarios, or be prepared to kite heal your way to victory using Leap, snares, fear, and Furious Charge or Second Wind.
    I'm surprised they never got around to toning it down a bit. Having an army of imps cast at you while you fight mobs that are planted in green fiery hell is quite "uncomfortable". I'd imagine new players just eating dirt quite hard. Not so bad as Prot since you're invincible, and Arms can sort of race the health bar with Victory Rush.

I did it as Fury last night on my second Warrior (ilvl712 ish scrubmode), I didn't die but came close. Have died doing it on the beta in the past though, don't think I've ever done it without hairy ass clenching moments.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    I tried it as Arms at like iLvl ~820 and if I wouldn't have gotten healed alot before dying by whatever this would've been impossible, the spiders though were nearly impossible since they came down in packs of 8+ and just oneshot me but after you pulled them and died they just reset, so you could just pull them all and die I guess.

I am stuck here aswell. My problem now is i cannot get the scenario to reset. is there a trick to this? I have abandoned and retaken the q several times.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post

I did it at 830 as arms and had to constantly leap away to second wind heal. Shit was hard

Quote Originally Posted by Odov View Post
    I am stuck here aswell. My problem now is i cannot get the scenario to reset. is there a trick to this? I have abandoned and retaken the q several times.
    Reset instances

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny, I aced it one pass. No repulls or anything. Musta patched it or something. I did it as Fury with some Fighter Chow.
    #SargerasIsComingToSaveUs

Quote Originally Posted by Leyl View Post
    Funny, I aced it one pass. No repulls or anything. Musta patched it or something. I did it as Fury with some Fighter Chow.
    I did it last night, it bugged out on stage 2/3 the dwarf dude bugged out. The stage 6 didn't bug for me though.

Yep happened to me. This quest has so many bugs that it's hilarious. Such a frustrating scenario. The best part is about how all these bugs were repeatedly reported on beta and nothing was fixed. The whole quest also seems balanced around being a prot warrior with tons of adds that aggro and hit like a truck (and a lot of the time outheal the measly heal they give you); I had to leap out and run several times to get second wind rolling.

Unless it was fixed last night, you need to make sure to kill the Blood Queen within the room she spawns. If you kite her to any other area (i.e. the second room), that final door will stay shut and you will have to redo the entire scenario.

Did it with 800 ilvl arms. There is some kind of game mechanics, that is prevented me from dying. All i need to do is to avoid being one-shotted. Did it with kiting 1st boss only. Died only 2 times, 1 time because of spider spawn during Blood Queen fight. Good news is that boss and mobs health do not regen after your death.

Do the scenario as Prot, even without any artifact investment. It's makes the difficulty trivial.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyl View Post
    I just completed it at 799 Fury.

Can't see! Too much pain!