Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Shows how gimped priests aoe is when people are actually grateful they can compete with the worst 40% of the dps with a legendary the competition lacks.
    And only upto 4-5mobs. If the tank starts pulling 2+ groups we suck again :/

Our Aoe isn't that bad if it's a pack of 4-5 mobs that live for 30+ seconds so mass hysteria can get rolling.

Too bad that only happened cuz the outlaw rogue in the group had to go get his pizza from the delivery guy in the middle of that trash pack.

Yeah, our aoe isn't that bad, if we get a group where tank is afk and damage dealers are either affliction locks, frost mages, absent or nonexistent.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Im 835. My little brother just dinged on his 790 demon hunter and bursted trash for 2M dps on several pulls. He usually ended with 4-800k dps on most trash pulls when im doing 150-300k (300k only when the trash lives for long enough, which is very rare). His overall damage in a dungeon was way higher than mine, and even bosses were close when the difference was reduced to 25 ilvls.

Shadow is just entirely garbage in dungeons. It felt pretty good the first few days, but now when trash dies fast it's truly aweful. I'm expecting it to get better in high mythic+, but it's honestly pretty discouraging at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Jullyx View Post
    Im 835. My little brother just dinged on his 790 demon hunter and bursted trash for 2M dps on several pulls. He usually ended with 4-800k dps on most trash pulls when im doing 150-300k (300k only when the trash lives for long enough, which is very rare). His overall damage in a dungeon was way higher than mine, and even bosses were close when the difference was reduced to 25 ilvls.

Shadow is just entirely garbage in dungeons. It felt pretty good the first few days, but now when trash dies fast it's truly aweful. I'm expecting it to get better in high mythic+, but it's honestly pretty discouraging at the moment.
    And with Blizzards declaration of "we're not going to balance properly cause we don't want people to feel bad about Artifact choices" it probably won't get better anytime soon.

I'm calling for 15 second mind sear channel to more effectively afk this trash

also if void bolt could fly 800% faster that'd be great

Deleted
    The annoying part is - is that M+ was supposed to be the "end game" for me on my SP. While it may entirely be plausible that SPs get better in the higher runs; doesnt fill me with confidence knowing I am playing something that's pretty trash.

So much for giving people an alternative end game and not tuning shiz around that.

Deleted
    Does anyone think that it actually will change? How does it feel at higher haste? Because atm i'm not having fun doing any pve (questing also) content except bosses... Which is kind of a big chunk of the expansion. I'm thinking about rerolling, but i have invested so much time into my priest and i would not like to start from scratch and being behind the curve.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I will reroll my SP and pick a DH or something, being out dps on almost every fight in the game except the last boss in Eye of Azhara is not fun at all, SP is garbage on all fight that don't go for long enough, sigh, and now I have to start all over again.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PLorp View Post
    Does anyone think that it actually will change? How does it feel at higher haste? Because atm i'm not having fun doing any pve (questing also) content except bosses... Which is kind of a big chunk of the expansion. I'm thinking about rerolling, but i have invested so much time into my priest and i would not like to start from scratch and being behind the curve.
    I don't see how haste is going to help with AOE. Yeah, sure, it will make the ramp up time shorter, thus making it that we spend less time outside Voidform. However, this doesn't change much with aoe situations - Mind Sear will still be garbage, you'll still have to cast dot on every mob and you're still spending multiple gcds doing something other classes do instantly. The only burst aoe is Shadowcrash, and it's not affected by haste in any way.

Besides, it's not like we'd be the only ones improving our stats. Even assuming that Shadow scaling is absurd, it will get nerfed.

It's that bad, better get your Holy artifacts to an acceptable level if you want to do Mythic dungeons.

It's funny because most of the feedback from the alpha was about our aoe and StM being the dumbest talent design in the entire gaming genre aswell as ludicrous talents that don't flow well with the spec (MindSpike) but blizzard went "I can't hear youuuu"

- - - Updated - - -

They didn't do shit for us, they kept nerfing us, giving us unwanted stuff (hello mind spike) and we ended up where we are now => the same shit as always.

"but you're good at ST" well tell that to those classes that have way better aoe than us and are on par/better than us Singletarget :')

We got the shittiest weapon artefact, our order hall is all about holy and we don't even have our proper title as shadow (like restoration druids do).

But hey, we have the most broken CD in the game ! too bad it will prevent us from getting any buffs at all ever.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by PLorp View Post
    This will change a little bit, with more haste, more artifact traits, legendaries and set bonuses. Although remember that all dps specs will get more traits, set bonuses and legendaries as well. Really, the best thing you can do to enjoy the game again is reroll. Until StM is removed, I seriously doubt we get buffs, so welcome to MoP 2.0 all again, AKA "you're close to other specs when you have three targets spread cleave, but you're terrible shit in all other scenarios". I suggest Outlaw rogue, it is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    They didn't do shit for us, they kept nerfing us, giving us unwanted stuff (hello mind spike) and we ended up where we are now => the same shit as always.
    Nope, it isn't a Blizzard's fault. We should thank our wonderful "shut up we're fine" community for that. When I told you people half of year ago that shadow priest is shit, everyone roared at me, called me names and even reported me so I got banned. So, now you get what you deserved, really. (not you personally, "you" as a shadow priest community, ofc).
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    I like to think that the longer and harder a fight gets, the more a Shadow Priest will shine. Not being on par in dungeons is ofcourse regrettable but not really that important. That being said, Blizzard might just listen to complaints like this one and make changes, you never know.
    Why is it not important? Is dungeons not a part of the game? Do you only consider raiding as relevant?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    This will change a little bit, with more haste, more artifact traits, legendaries and set bonuses. Although remember that all dps specs will get more traits, set bonuses and legendaries as well. Really, the best thing you can do to enjoy the game again is reroll. Until StM is removed, I seriously doubt we get buffs, so welcome to MoP 2.0 all again, AKA "you're close to other specs when you have three targets spread cleave, but you're terrible shit in all other scenarios". I suggest Outlaw rogue, it is awesome.

Nope, it isn't a Blizzard's fault. We should thank our wonderful "shut up we're fine" community for that. When I told you people half of year ago that shadow priest is shit, everyone roared at me, called me names and even reported me so I got banned. So, now you get what you deserved, really. (not you personally, "you" as a shadow priest community, ofc).
    "You" are 1/6000000. You do not make a difference dude, get over yourself please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyonred View Post
    Why is it not important? Is dungeons not a part of the game? Do you only consider raiding as relevant?

- - - Updated - - -
    I guess i'm the wrong person to say that because I'm not a DPS'er. I understand why someone would wanna be able to compete with other damage dealers.

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    I think I will reroll my SP and pick a DH or something, being out dps on almost every fight in the game except the last boss in Eye of Azhara is not fun at all, SP is garbage on all fight that don't go for long enough, sigh, and now I have to start all over again.
    im kinda with you there. thinking of shelving my spriest at ilvl 835, cuz i get beat by 805 rogues/dh and pretty much any other classes. mythic dungeons im useless on trash and on bosses im a class who could easily be replaced if theres trouble with it. time go lvl my mage i guess. and i fucking hated legion leveling...
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

I would really like it if Mind Sear spreads your current dots on the target to 1 (or 2) other targets each time it ticks. This would help with AoE, since you only need 1 MSear Tick instead of 2 GCDs, and you get the bit damage from Mindsear too.
    And then redesidn the Legendary ring, maybe give MSear the ability to spread to more targets per tick, or do extra damage to targets with bot of your dots up..

But I guess we have to accept our state, I doubt that we see a balance patch before the raids, and in Raid environment we are doing fine (from what I've read).

Deleted
    it is truly awful..
    im actually Q'ing dps and using disc in dungeons,
    cascade and using penance to spreading dots , and the extra bonus of doing some serious healing so tank can just chain pull constantly..
    soooo much more fun then shadow atm

I just did a hall of valor with a DH at 840 (im only 818). He was consistenly over 300k on trash packs, spiking much higher. Doing my utmost i could only muster ~160k on trash, most times less. On bosses i actually tied him once (190k) but other bosses he was over 250k, as he was specd for aoe he said. Wish i could spec for aoe...

Oh btw these numbers are with me using the broken trinket from WoD, touch of the void. If i didnt have that id be even further behind.
    Last edited by Fascinate; 2016-09-04 at 12:58 PM.

I'm usually pretty patient about changes and adjustments to classes. It's part of playing an MMO. But with Shadow I think I've finally hit a wall where I just feel like I can't enjoy it in its current state. I don't know what to do. An artifact respec would be over 6,000 AP right now and feels like such a waste, but I just don't want to play Shadow like this - I'd rather just go all-out Holy and either OS Shadow to wait for changes or OS Disc and say the heck with Shadow. Or focus on a different class. I know Ele Shaman players are frustrated too, but in my experience so far, Ele is more effective and satisfying to play than Shadow, and Resto is amazing - so either combination of MS/OS would be good.

It's pretty frustrating to be feeling like this so early in an expansion that I should be enjoying the heck out of - especially since the central problems with Shadow got consistent feedback throughout alpha and beta.