Deleted

Best tank for dungeons - Mythic/Mythic+

Hey guys.

So what are you thoughts?

I've leveled my main. Its pretty much already at a point where i dont have to play it 24/7 anymore.

I want to make the fotm tank for dungeons and i'm learning between DH and Death Knight. What do you guys think would be the best?

10+ Year Old Account
    Whichever you like most.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Hey guys.

So what are you thoughts?

I've leveled my main. Its pretty much already at a point where i dont have to play it 24/7 anymore.

I want to make the fotm tank for dungeons and i'm learning between DH and Death Knight. What do you guys think would be the best?
    DK's make the best tank, dps and healers for dungeons atm.

it doesnt matter because affixes will fuck you in the ass regardless and each has stuff the other doesnt(like dh actually being something other than a meat shield that heals)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    DK's make the best tank, dps and healers for dungeons atm.
    I'l take this advice, thx

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neudgae View Post
    it doesnt matter because affixes will fuck you in the ass regardless and each has stuff the other doesnt(like dh actually being something other than a meat shield that heals)
    What do you mean by this comment exactly? Could you make an example?

I'l take this advice, thx

- - - Updated - - -

What do you mean by this comment exactly? Could you make an example?
    necrotic reduces healing, dk and dh are boned against that, neither can reduce damage enough to not get 1shot by a tyrannical at higher levels, are some affix examples(theres a video of a dh doing +11? and he almost got 1shot every hit)
    as for bring stuff, dk brings, gorefiend grasp/death grip to the table, thats about it
    dh brings, 1 aoe silence, 1 aoe fear, and thats about it
    other than that they pretty much do the same things

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neudgae View Post
    necrotic reduces healing, dk and dh are boned against that, neither can reduce damage enough to not get 1shot by a tyrannical at higher levels, are some affix examples(theres a video of a dh doing +11? and he almost got 1shot every hit)
    as for bring stuff, dk brings, gorefiend grasp/death grip to the table, thats about it
    dh brings, 1 aoe silence, 1 aoe fear, and thats about it
    other than that they pretty much do the same things
    With this in mind would you recommend another tank? Or would you just brush those affixes off as "fuck this week" ?

With this in mind would you recommend another tank? Or would you just brush those affixes off as "fuck this week" ?
    iirc the affixes are locked to the stone itself so if you get those GG time to start over or push through it, and it doesnt matter which tank you pick all get countered by different affixes, and honestly dh & dk are best because self healing is way more useful than preventing damage cause eventually the healer will go oom

there is a very large issue with DK and the "Necrotic" Affix.

Not only is it reducing healing, but the minor dot tick that is built into it is also removing stacks of Bone Shield (your active mitigation).

DK's get triple effed on "Necrotic" Affixes. Hopefully they address this sooner rather than later.

Other tanks mitigate more but heal themselves less. Certain group combinations are better at handling certain ability combinations. If anything, mythic+ is going to alleviate some of this FotM stuff.

In general though, bring a tank that can tank, knows when to face tank and when to kite, and a group that can coordinate with a tank, aoe stuns, slows, focus a dangerous mob down and not just mindlessly aoe.

Dk tanks did make WoD CMs look kind of easy but if you look closely at the good groups there was fantastic coordinated CC and DPS that was making the win. Mass grip and dark sim were a bit OP.