Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    I've read up on this a bit, this sounds like appalling stupid design. Blizzard needs to pull its head out of its collective development ass and realize that PvE players do not want to be forced to do PvP EVER!
    Then don't? You're not entitled to perks that involve PvP if you're not willing to PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    If its something you don't like, don't go there.
    The Warlock class hall dumps you into it when you exit.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

I am a bit tired of having to go there for jewel crafting:/

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Then don't? You're not entitled to perks that involve PvP if you're not willing to PvP.
    Crafting and questing are now PvP perks? Who knew...

FWIW, this is exactly the sort of reason for which I haven't yet purchased Legion. I let you imbeciles go ahead of me and get your time wasted doing stupid things, get all those bugs ironed out for me. I'll buy when and if they've fixed their game. Hop on it, junior.

What I also know is that people that want to gank players that do not wish to PvP are generally the lowest on the PvP totem pole. If you had any real skill in PvP all the instanced and ranked play is that way ---->

In the past when I even bothered myself to go get some payback on my main, ganker types have all run like children while I proceeded to kill them again and again. That's exactly what they hope won't happen despite all the claims to the contrary. So save the badass routines, I don't buy any of that nonsense for even a single moment. And I don't even consider myself that great a PvPer, I just know when I am faced with a player vastly inferior to myself. And without exception, Gankers are always pure bullshit. All talk.

If any of you cared two bits for this game, you'd realize that this issue is actually going to make lots of players walk away quickly. This is just like the flight issue. Crafting, questing, and travel should all be standard activities - no muss and no fuss. If Blizzard wants to make these things like having one's teeth pulled, they are going to lose many, many subs.

I mean, the big reward for braving a PvP arena FFA is to craft, to quest and to fish? Seriously...?

10+ Year Old Account
    its a quite funny and crazy place down there, if you dont like it dont do it
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    A warning or something would have been nice, I did get a bit annoyed at first.

I was just exploring Dalaran and had a quest down there to sort out. I sort of blindly ran down and got instantly buttfucked by the ensuing mass of players.

I wonder if some of you are even able to set aside something that you find amusing in an adolescent sort of way just long enough to see that placing a required PvP FFA zone in a sanctuary city just really beggars credulity. When and if Legion tanks you will have this sort of development to thank for it. It's incredibly myopic and grotesquely insulting to a very large segment of the player base. There's literally thousands of people that won't do it and will just unsub.

And no, they aren't "triggered" or upset or any other idiot thing some of you drooling fools imagine, they just aren't having fun.

When I am doing something more out of habit than actual enjoyment, guess what?

I stop.

Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    Some Class and Profession quests have to be done down there....there is a forge down there for BS ...a special forge area....Fishing for a certain fish too open up Fishing later on is down there....for the Fishing Artifact....and yes as I stated back in MoP we had to pvp for the cloak but we knew ahead of time and could plan for it...you can't plan for jack down there when so called protection guard you hire bugs out in 10 secs and not last the 5 mins its suppose too...and you try fishing up a special fish in 5 mins....you know that's not going to happen in 5 min time frame for most players.
    Hmm.. OK, fair enough, it doesn't sound smart to put assorted things which are not related to PvP into that area.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    its a quite funny and crazy place down there, if you dont like it dont do it
    you are forced to go there for class quests, professions, etc so you can't avoid it; i don't understand why this is not disabled in pve serves.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    The title of this thread mirrors my reaction when 1st stepping inthere:

I saw a quest pop up inthere and decided to go grab it; as soon i entered there was a shitload of players there nuking the hell out of a demon (dreadlord; not sure)... When he was dead everyone started bashing eachothers heads in and I was like: "Screw this; i'm getting out of here."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra View Post
    It does, but you can exit to the surface without being flagged as the portal room is not a part of the PvP area (but there is an exit into it). It does cause lag issues though which means if you want to use that portal to get into the Warlock class halls; it frequently doesn't work and you have to run in and out a few times.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've read up on this a bit, this sounds like appalling stupid design. Blizzard needs to pull its head out of its collective development ass and realize that PvE players do not want to be forced to do PvP EVER!

I say this as a player whose primary interest is PvP. My main is on a PvE realm as are most of my alt toons, because just like most players I like to spend most of my time in the world not being bothered by individuals or groups that want to gank me again and again. That said, most of the toons I played actively in WoD were almost all Alliance on PvP realms like Illidan, Tich, Darkspear, and ED. I mention Illidan pointedly because it is 94% Horde or thereabouts. ED has some lame-ass bag of dicks called Warsong Battalion or Spartans or whatever they changed it to now, they're actually Horde but have lots of spies on alliance side ED - I joined their guild just to verify what they did for myself at one point. So don't think its an even split because it isn't. Tich is Horde heavy. Darkspear is the one PvP realm I play that is basically Alliance heavy. Long story short, I am not a carebear and I know what it is to play those realms.

And from what I am hearing the Dalaran sewer is just the same old forced PvP garbage as usual. I honestly cannot believe that at this late date Blizzard hasn't actually given up this forced PvP thing and instead actively attempted to create disincentives to lowbie and other types of annoying ganking behavior. It boggles the mind, truly.

For those that wish to PvP there's this thing called PvP realms and all kinds of instanced and rated PvP play besides. I am still waiting for the great justification for forcing PvE players to PvP when all they want to do is quest and craft.

And that's where Blizzard decided to place a PvP Free for All arena?

Makes sense...
    Go buy the bodyguard then. All you do is pve, right? You'll have plenty of gold np to protect yourself and not be flagged.

Sewers is my favorite place to 'chill' in Dalaran, when don't feel like doing anything else. AOE bombing ontop of the elite mobs, collect lots of sightless eyes.

Sounds like a massively fun time, but I was laggy as hell. So, as a resto druid... I was ley dead before I knew what was happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

to avoid it just sped 5g for a bodygurad
    easy

I say this as a player whose primary interest is PvP. My main is on a PvE realm as are most of my alt toons, because just like most players I like to spend most of my time in the world not being bothered by individuals or groups that want to gank me again and again. That said, most of the toons I played actively in WoD were almost all Alliance on PvP realms like Illidan, Tich, Darkspear, and ED. I mention Illidan pointedly because it is 94% Horde or thereabouts. ED has some lame-ass bag of dicks called Warsong Battalion or Spartans or whatever they changed it to now, they're actually Horde but have lots of spies on alliance side ED - I joined their guild just to verify what they did for myself at one point. So don't think its an even split because it isn't. Tich is Horde heavy. Darkspear is the one PvP realm I play that is basically Alliance heavy. Long story short, I am not a carebear and I know what it is to play those realms.

And from what I am hearing the Dalaran sewer is just the same old forced PvP garbage as usual. I honestly cannot believe that at this late date Blizzard hasn't actually given up this forced PvP thing and instead actively attempted to create disincentives to lowbie and other types of annoying ganking behavior. It boggles the mind, truly.

For those that wish to PvP there's this thing called PvP realms and all kinds of instanced and rated PvP play besides. I am still waiting for the great justification for forcing PvE players to PvP when all they want to do is quest and craft.

And that's where Blizzard decided to place a PvP Free for All arena?

Makes sense...
    Nothing in the sewers is remotely tied to pregoression. You are not forced to do anything. And you can just pay 5g

Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    Hmm.. OK, fair enough, it doesn't sound smart to put assorted things which are not related to PvP into that area.
    Yea, I liked the PVP concept at the sewers (it was quite fun at the start), but when i finally leveled up my professions I didn't realize the quest giver was down there. Shit that was bad, had to wait till guards return since the bodyguard was bugged even after paying 5g. I don't think it's smart to put quest related stuff there unless it's PVP-related.

Wow. That's another reason to skip that overpriced expansion.

I have a feeling that Blizzard has a saboteur in their ranks. It is impossible to make so many stupid errors by an honest mistake,

at least they can extend the bodyguard buff to like 10-30 min, or increase the % drop of the assassination hidden appearance....

Quote Originally Posted by bigsuirlife View Post
    to avoid it just sped 5g for a bodygurad
    Bodyguards can be unsummoned by the other players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra View Post
    It doesn't though. You don't get flagged for pvp. That's a safe area.