Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

How are you guys performing in Mythic Dungeons

For anyone who is actually doing them,how are you performing compared to other classes?
    I fee like Hunters just out AoE me all the time, with barrage, before things start exploding in fire. And the single target seems so behind
    Right now im running: Conflag, Living Bomb, Rune of Power, Cinderstorm, Flame On. Thats what I have had the most success with while doing dungeons, just curious to see how others are doing, maybe I'm just bad

I find arcane aoe and cleave very strong with mark of aluneth and resonance and arcane explosion. I can at least keep up with hunters and demon hunters.

Single target is outrageously strong sometimes when you can keep quickening up spamming nether tempest for procs. Otherwise just middling.

Interesting, I was just building up some AP to dump into my Arcane relic so I can try it out.

The single target is tricky because you have to maintain melee range to keep your quickening stack up with arcane explosion if nether tempest doesn't proc missiles in time. If you can't stay on the boss for any period you'll lose it and won't be that strong.

The aoe is very good, but 2-3 targets you'll fall behind the stronger classes. 5-6 targets or more and you can do a ton.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm at 834 item level and I seem to be pretty well right now. Living bomb helps a lot with the trash DPS and I seem to be doing fairly well on single target boss DPS as well. The only real issue I've seen with trash DPS is in places where there are only about 3 targets up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

What Talents have you been bringing?

Should have no problem if your AP is high enough to get ignite bonus damage in addition to stacking crit from Pyrotechnic or w/e it's called.

Deleted
    How exactly do you do this nether tempest single target rotation? Do you literally just spam NT and only use AE when Quickening is going to expire? This doesn't seem very strong to me, can someone explain in detail if possible how exactly this works?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanaku View Post
    What Talents have you been bringing?
    Same as you: Conflag, Shimmer, Rune, Flame On, Ice Floes, Living Bomb, and Cinderstorm. I've been considering taking Unstable Magic in some of the dungeons that don't have as many large packs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Ok i was testing the Arcane stuff on the dummy in the Class order Hall. I've been questing and did a dungeon or 2 as well. The AoE in arcane is pretty good actually, it definitely isnt too far behind fire, at least for burst. The 3-4 target damage seems a little better than fire. and I was playing around with the Nether Tempest Quickening thing on the dummies. Essentially what you do, Get up to 4 charges, Rune of power, Arcane Power, and then Missles takes priority, then Blast. After every Blast if I did not have a missiles proc, I used Nether Tempest. So it looked something like this at all times. Blast into Missiles or Blast into NT. If i need to move, or something, then you use Explosion to refresh the stacks. It was much higher single target dps, while doing this. My Talents for Arcane were: Nether Tempest, Rune of Power, Quickening, Familiar.

Deleted
    Fire is disappointing. It almost always does average AOE and very average single target. I have second thoughts about this supposedly great spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Curnivore View Post
    Fire is disappointing. It almost always does average AOE and very average single target. I have second thoughts about this supposedly great spec.
    My ST is good and aoe is crazy, idk what ur doing or what ur gear is at but

Quote Originally Posted by Curnivore View Post
    A lot of it has to do with stats right? Once we start getting raid gear I think we will see the dps go up as we get more crit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xkiller9000 View Post
    My ST is good and aoe is crazy, idk what ur doing or what ur gear is at but
    Crazy aoe? Shove out any melee or hunter to that group and you wont win them. You wont be bad, but they will beat you.

Deleted
    I almost always top damage as fire on bosses in mythic dungeon. Running pyromaniac/conflag (depends on dungeon), Rune of power, cinderstorm, flame on and living bomb. Though i never cast living bomb on single target as that is supposedly a single target dps loss. I burst around 400k +- 30k with 825 ilvl which is way higher than any other classes i've played with.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTempest View Post
    How exactly do you do this nether tempest single target rotation? Do you literally just spam NT and only use AE when Quickening is going to expire? This doesn't seem very strong to me, can someone explain in detail if possible how exactly this works?
    https://www.altered-time.com/forum/v...ost-anchor-FAQ

It's not quite as strong as sims because the fights aren't quite as long in a dungeon environment, but when I can keep 60-70 quickening stacks on my second arcane power it's pretty nuts.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2016-09-02 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenswe View Post
    I almost always top damage as fire on bosses in mythic dungeon. Running pyromaniac/conflag (depends on dungeon), Rune of power, cinderstorm, flame on and living bomb. Though i never cast living bomb on single target as that is supposedly a single target dps loss. I burst around 400k +- 30k with 825 ilvl which is way higher than any other classes i've played with.
    you can burst that high but if the other people in the group dont suck youll be bottom damage by the end.

Doing mythics and heroics in 836 gear. Fire definitely feels under powered compared to many melee classes in dungeons. Supposedly we "scale well" but I've yet to see it, especially after the crit scaling nerf. Maybe getting more artifact talents will help, but I'm not optimistic. I think we may end up needing a buff unless there's some crazy scale up in artifact talents/gear in the 850s ilevels.

Fire is one of the best specs in the game on aoe and single target. You guys are doing something very wrong, or Fire suffers more from lack of artifact traits and gear. Pick one.

Latest sim shows fire slightly low in single target, but the sims are probably unfinished/buggy since the expac is still so new and they're working on models. Take with a grain of salt:

http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T19P.html