Deleted

Ret talent build for Mythic dungeons

I'm venturing into Mythic Dungeons in Legion, but I'm not quite sure which spec to go with.

Should I go for Zeal to cleave moth of the groups or stay purely single target all the way through? I was also playing with the idea of speccing for +3 targets, but I'm not sure how that would affect my single target DPS.

Any tips?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenTiX View Post
    I'm venturing into Mythic Dungeons in Legion, but I'm not quite sure which spec to go with.

Should I go for Zeal to cleave moth of the groups or stay purely single target all the way through? I was also playing with the idea of speccing for +3 targets, but I'm not sure how that would affect my single target DPS.

Any tips?
    I would also like to know what talents people are using for dungeons

Honestly seen best results with Consecration, Greater Judgment, Divine Hammer, JV, Divine Purpose. The little amount of ST damage you lose for actual, consistent AoE is worth it for dungeons.

Regular mythics I'd go straight single target. In mythic+ it'd depend on the particular dungeon you're doing, the affixes, and your group comp.

Deleted
    Thanks guys, I went with a full single target build and finished 4 dungeons without any problems I do look forward to Ashes to Ashes though, will come in handy.

7+ Year Old Account
    After reading Shnider's post, I decided to stop bothering Divine Hammer and went for a Blade of Wrath and Zeal (with Crusader) build. It actually works really nice, though would work much better if I had more than 20% haste (Gotta reach that 30%!). But still felt comfortable to play with!

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    as someone who did all of them. the best result is to simply go single target.

trash are never a problem in mythic dungeons. and you rarely aoe at boss fights.

ret paladins single target is absolute monster atm.
    And tons of people kept telling me that ret is by far the lowest dps in the game on both single target and AoE even below the tanks and you get AIDS if you play it.

Now that lots of people are finding out ret is fine, I kind of want to make an "I told you so" thread, but that would be tacky.

So, why is holy wrath a talent and not something in the PvP talents. Also is haste to 30% still the go to thing? To be honest, I'm really enjoying this iteration of ret. I originally rerolled dk levelled to 100 and UH felt so clunky and slow. I'm really enjoying ret again

But I think cavalier should be baseline. The mobility in dungeons and in world feels awful. Or give us long arm of the law back.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    And tons of people kept telling me that ret is by far the lowest dps in the game on both single target and AoE even below the tanks and you get AIDS if you play it.

Now that lots of people are finding out ret is fine, I kind of want to make an "I told you so" thread, but that would be tacky.
    Don't get ahead of yourself. Dungeons and raids are different things. Besides, you are assuming that what he is saying is the case.

Anyways... on topic, i have been running with greater judgement and divine hammer. It's competitive on trash packs (except demon hunters). It's not a huge loss of singke target.
    I have seen another Ret with Zeal and BoW but he wasnt keeping up with me in AoE. Trash packs are actually important in dungeons and are usually more deadly than the bosses. Thought at this time theres a few hard hitting bosses.

I would seriously recommend Greater Judgment, trash is the hardest part of Mythics and they come in packs of 3+ almost all the time. Our crit rating is still low so you still get tons of value out of it and the burst damage is huge.

Also, if you have a Mage/Rogue to CC stuff already, take the HoJ talent - stunning key mobs for 6+ secs is REALLY useful and you can use it once every single pack. Otherwise, take Repentance if your group is lacking CC. Blinding light is cool in theory but gets instantly broken most of the time.

Lastly, Holy Wrath will actually work if you can cheese it well. Mythics aren't impossible but there are tons of moments you will drop to dangerously low health anyway

Any word about our stat priorities? Have seen statements here on MMOC that Haste>Vers>Crit>Mastery is the go, but http://www.wowhead.com/guides/classe...tribution/gear guide says Haste>Critical Strike>Versatility>Mastery .
    In ilvl 832 i have 18% haste, 13% crit, 7% versa and 36% mastery... All the retard mastery gear rolls are unreal..

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post

How is ret "fine" right now? i've done all of the mythic dungeons now, and to be fair my damage was quite pathetic compared to other classes, that were at lower ilvl too even. Almost every class or spec is more viable right now in mythics, let alone mythic + or raids. Greater blessings are a piece of crap that is holding us back, it needs to be reworked or simply removed.. I've been maining ret since 2006, in top 20 world guilds/kills before everyone here starts yelling l2p again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayzza View Post
    How is ret "fine" right now? i've done all of the mythic dungeons now, and to be fair my damage was quite pathetic compared to other classes, that were at lower ilvl too even. Almost every class or spec is more viable right now in mythics, let alone mythic + or raids. Greater blessings are a piece of crap that is holding us back, it needs to be reworked or simply removed.. I've been maining ret since 2006, in top 20 world guilds/kills before everyone here starts yelling l2p again.
    What are your talents and how many traits do you have?

I personally run full single target + Greater Judgement. I'm loving that combination, and on trash it's usually a simple matter of Judgement -> WoA -> DS -> CS -> DS. Any Divine Purpose procs are used on more DS. Fun times, and I'll usually end up flattening anyone but Demon Hunters on trash, and above average on bosses.

That being said, I do not expect us to usually be among the best on higher Mythic+ levels. There's just something about the whole "when push comes to shove, Mages pyroblast you in the face" thing that I can't get out of my head. So far, I'm destroying them, but I don't think that'll last.