SV Hunter Noob Question

sry for what might be a dumb question

Decided on SV for Legion. and am actually loving it.

None of the guides (icy-veins) etc talk about Pet.

Should I even be using pet. just seems like free DPS at no cost to me?

If so, any best practices for pet? How to maximize fun and minimize pain while questing up to 110?

You should definitely be using a pet. Free dmg, but more importantly out mastery gives our pet's attacks a chance to add a mongoose bite charge. You will also want to use flanking strike, as a focus spender. I haven't had any issues using a pet with ferocity or cunning spec, soaking dmg for me with growl on. Exhilaration heals you and your pet, so you can use that for a quick heal along with mend pet.

I'm using a cat 'cause of stealth. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreymist View Post
    You should definitely be using a pet. Free dmg, but more importantly out mastery gives our pet's attacks a chance to add a mongoose bite charge. You will also want to use flanking strike, as a focus spender. I haven't had any issues using a pet with ferocity or cunning spec, soaking dmg for me with growl on. Exhilaration heals you and your pet, so you can use that for a quick heal along with mend pet.
    awesome. thanks

not that icy veins is theory craft level, but usually has the important basics. not sure why none of this is in their guide.

the healing stuff is big, totally forgot about that.