Page 1 of 21
... LastLast
    Deleted

Demonology hidden skin and effect

Do we have any new information about these things? You get the skin from the "visage of the first wakener", but cant find anywhere how to obtain this. Also is the hidden effect supposed to be that the skull talks? Has anyone found anything else?

Edit:

Demonology Artifact Hidden Appearance

To unlock the hidden Appearance for Demonology you will need to farm Eredar mobs in the Broken Isles and collect 6 heads.
    The 6 Heads consist of 5 grey quality item heads and the sixth is the artifact appearance. The Heads will allways drop
    with the same order in a progressive manner. That means when you loot a particular Head you will be flagged as eligible for
    the next head to drop.

The drop order of the Eredar Heads is: (1)Damaged --> (2)Deformed --> (3)Malformed --> (4)Deficient --> (5)Nearly Satisfactory ---> (6)Visage of the First Wakener

To be eligible for the first Head to drop you need to have at least AK4.

The most common mobs to farm them, are Eredar Shadowguards and Shadowsworn Defilers in Highmountain Burial Ground,
    north Highmountain
    ( http://www.wowhead.com/npc=102728/eredar-shadowguard ) ( http://www.wowhead.com/npc=102727/shadowsworn-defiler )
    and Eredar Soulmages in/around Soul Engine:Apocalypse in Aszuna
    ( http://www.wowhead.com/npc=107742/eredar-soulmage )

Once you obtain the Hidden skin, to unlock the color variations you have to complete 100 Dungeons / 200 Wquests / Kill 1000
    players while having the hidden skin equipped. Unlocking the different colors counts for all the hidden artifact skins (Destro and
    Affl).

FAQ:

-Are there any other requirements i need to have to be eligible for the Head drops?
    Currently no. Just AK4. You dont need any exalted reputations or a Xavius kill. Artifact progression doesnt play a role
    either.

-How do i track the progression of the differend color variations?
    You can use the following scripts:
    /run AddTrackedAchievement(11152) - for dungeons (100)
    /run AddTrackedAchievement(11153) - for wquests (200)
    /run AddTrackedAchievement(11154) - for player killing (1000)

Note: the dungeon one can get buggy

- Can i farm the Heads while in Group with other ppl farming it too?
    Yes

- Do i have to be in Demonology spec for the Heads to drop?
    No, any spec will work. Even if you dont have the demo artifact with you, you will still get the drops and even get the voice lines
    of Thal'kiel for each head. Also loot specialization doesnt matter.

- What happens if i delete/vendor one of the Heads after getting it?
    Nothing happens. You can continue as usuall. Once you get a head drop the game flags you as eligible for the next one. Though
    i would keep them for collective purposes.
    Last edited by mmoc0a8eb2d698; 2016-10-20 at 09:54 AM.

Deleted
    But the skull already talks. And it does something more: it has dialog with the Felguard!

Deleted
    Yes hidden effects are not something you obtain as far as i know. Its a trait that procs in very rare times or smthing like that . So i was wondering if for the skull the talking stuff is indeed the hidden effect (wowhead states so), or if anyone has found anything else. About the skin havent seen any info at all about how to get the visage.

I went to visit Velen in the Exodar last night and I was greeted with a new dialogue from my skull. He said something about how this one was one of the ones responsible for my demise, but there are others who are even more responsible...(something along those lines) it didn't show up in chat so trying to type from memory. At that point I started my trek to HFC to kill arhcimonde hoping for another clue (I already killed him in battle for hyjal with nothing). I didnt kill arhci yet cause the server crashed and I went to bed. I will try again tonight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorwastaken View Post
    I went to visit Velen in the Exodar last night and I was greeted with a new dialogue from my skull. He said something about how this one was one of the ones responsible for my demise, but there are others who are even more responsible...(something along those lines) it didn't show up in chat so trying to type from memory. At that point I started my trek to HFC to kill arhcimonde hoping for another clue (I already killed him in battle for hyjal with nothing). I didnt kill arhci yet cause the server crashed and I went to bed. I will try again tonight.
    Perhaps try Kil'Jaden in the Sunwell too?

I decided to do this myself and i got the lines pasted in chat:
    "This one bears partial blame for me being in this form! He will not escape my wrath, but there are others far more responsible who must be dealt with first!"

I tried taking him to Jaraxxus in trial of the crusader, but nothing happened.
    As for things I'll try next is getting myself the pet glyphs and see if he interacts differently with them. I remember during the green flame quest you had to ask the Observer for clues for one of the parts.

Deleted
    does he have any interactions with the other pets? (apart from felguard)

This is going to be an interesting hidden skin to find

Deleted
    I was snooping around on WoWhead trying to find something about the Death Knight skins when I came across some "Eredar Heads" on WoWhead, grey junk items only for Warlocks.

http://www.wowhead.com/search?q=eredar+head

Perhaps you have to kill a bunch of Eredar for your skullbro until you find a "Suitable" head?

10+ Year Old Account
    There's been a few interesting interactions
    How the voidwalker and him hates the purity of the world (i have screen shots at home will edit this later )
    Also i got this whisper
    "watching you hone your craft brings back old memories. I was an instructor, millennia ago. My students were the finest summoners of Argus....until we were betrayed."

The only one remarkable I've got so far is when I used Ritual of Summoning. He said he wonders if I want to summon an unspeakable horror or a powerful demon and in the next moment he concluded "Oh... you just don't have someone to talk to". Little flying bastard
    It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic... No, what the heck, I'll laugh anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    anyone else find anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiru View Post
    I was snooping around on WoWhead trying to find something about the Death Knight skins when I came across some "Eredar Heads" on WoWhead, grey junk items only for Warlocks.

http://www.wowhead.com/search?q=eredar+head

Perhaps you have to kill a bunch of Eredar for your skullbro until you find a "Suitable" head?
    That definitely looks like a good clue. Even the icons are the same/similar to the hidden artifact model.
    Last edited by Anoregon; 2016-09-07 at 07:35 PM.

Yes, the succubus has dialog in most or all the places the felguard does, and honestly I find her dialog a lot more fun. Additionally, summoning Eye of Kilrogg elicits a few different quips from Thal'kiel. I'm wondering if the glyphed demons have dialog as well, though I have not glyphed any of my pets yet.

I've not come across any hidden effects beyond dialog, though I am enjoying the dialog.

I tried various demon-related toys I have, nothing conclusive. I think it jumped around the moment I used my Accursed Tome of the Sargerei, but it really could have just been a coincidence or me being tired and thinking I saw something I didn't.

Jewel of Hellfire and Burning Legion Missive had no reactions whatsoever.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    I killed KJ in sunwell and I even went to the old raid hyjal summit and killed the second boss who's name escapes me but was apart of the story. I really hope someone finds something soon! Please keep posting your theories!

Deleted
    At the moment I am thinking that the part about Thal'kiel having archetypal sorcerer's skull in the hidden appearance decription somehow ties in with the Eradar heads, it feels like you have to farm certain Eradar mobs until the most suitable head drops. I will try killing some Eradar mobs in Broken Isles today and will report with results later. One thing that I feel like I am maybe missing is something that starts this quest or task to farm the Eradar heads.

It is most likely not relevant but while I was waiting for orb for the new mount to spawn in Azsuna, ghost of Archimonde appeared and had a conversation with Kil'jaeden. I am unfortunately not allowed to post any kinds of links or images so I cant post a screenshot of it, but this is what he said:

Archimonde: You have failed, Kil'jaeden. The orcs did not drink of Mannoroth's blood as you promised.
    Archimonde: I care not for you vendetta against the draenei... but their souls may still prove useful to us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djhellqvistx View Post
    At the moment I am thinking that the part about Thal'kiel having archetypal sorcerer's skull in the hidden appearance decription somehow ties in with the Eradar heads, it feels like you have to farm certain Eradar mobs until the most suitable head drops. I will try killing some Eradar mobs in Broken Isles today and will report with results later. One thing that I feel like I am maybe missing is something that starts this quest or task to farm the Eradar heads.

It is most likely not relevant but while I was waiting for orb for the new mount to spawn in Azsuna, ghost of Archimonde appeared and had a conversation with Kil'jaeden. I am unfortunately not allowed to post any kinds of links or images so I cant post a screenshot of it, but this is what he said:

Archimonde: You have failed, Kil'jaeden. The orcs did not drink of Mannoroth's blood as you promised.
    Archimonde: I care not for you vendetta against the draenei... but their souls may still prove useful to us.
    That conversation with arch and kil'jaeden is from a toy. Was there anyone else with u?

Most likely there isnt a quest or task to farm the ereder heads. According to wowhead the quest gets started from an item "visage of the first wakener". If it follows the rules of the other secret art skins you wont get a quest prior to that. For example that is the case for destro and aff too. An items just drops at some point and you start the quest (the greenfire quest is also like that). The trick is to find what kind of mobs to farm. I too think that the head drops that were posted above might have smthing to do with it..but i havent found where the drop from.

Edit: On wowhead at the page for the demonology warlock artifact it says this: "Thal'kiel's Visage: Unlocked via Visage of the First Wakener, 100 dungeons using hidden artifact appearance, 200 world quests using hidden artifact appearance, kill 1,000 players using a hidden artifact appearance" (http://www.wowhead.com/guides/artifa...nology-warlock)

no clue..
    Last edited by mmoc0a8eb2d698; 2016-09-08 at 11:47 AM.

"Visage of the first Wakener" is the name of the hidden model itself. I don't think that is a quest-starting item.

Does anyone know who is titled the "First Wakener" in WoW lore? I can't seem to find anything in my research but I would try to see if they have something to do with it.