Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    People hear something they don't like and then wear that "I'm offended" thing like a badge of honor and expect other people to bend the truth and apologize to them.

It as if they expect to get a cookie every time they get offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Do you have a specific critique of political correctness you want to point that finger at, or are you just watching too much South Park and confusing PC Principal for a person, rather than a satire.

Blackhawks / Indians are offensive because, when most other teams are using animals - you're using a minority - which equates them with animals / sub-human. You create mascots and imagery that reduce them into cartoon caricatures:

Do you understand why that is inappropriate?

I don't believe that anyone has a right to not-be-offended, but there is a legitimate argument for not needlessly denigrating people and cultures. It's one thing if it's a racist / inappropriate joke (I believe in giving great leeway to humor), it's another if it's plastered all over your city.
    This is a stupid argument. There are tons of "mascots" that make a caricature of white men, and yet not a single white man in history ever cried about it. Of course, others cry about (I'm talking to all you anti-Col Reb folks).

Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    This is why political correctness is dangerous. Or lets call it treating other people with respect.

It hides under the guise of doing so. I mean, can you have anything against treating people with respect?

The problem is moderation. Just like pride, a good strong feeling that is positive. Self confidence and charisma can spring from it. But in too large amounts? Arrogance and cruelty are born.

Same thing here. Too much respect will lead to making every subject a "holy cow" that must not be mistreated or wronged upon, because that could potentially offend someone, and thus be disrespectful. Suddenly you cannot talk about problematic social problems in your society, in fear of being labeled a racist or rude person. Now your society will be crippled to handle any crisis springing from this, or in worst case, create a slow growing problem that will not be too obvious, but disastrous in the long run.

I dont want a society where people are afraid of talking about difficult and problematic subjects. There must always be a thought as to make the message as objective and respectful as possible, but getting out the message and discussing it is the alfa omega. But that is just me.

If we could upvote stuff on these forums, then I would have. <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Deleted
    Blackhawks / Indians are offensive because, when most other teams are using animals - you're using a minority - which equates them with animals / sub-human.
    No you nut. You are the one to equate Indians to animals. Nobody in his right mind would come to such conclusion you did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    The next thread I'm just gonna write what I think both of you will say and then when you come along to post I'm willing to bet money I get about 95% of it correct.
    It's not my fault you right-wingers are so laughably predictable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ForLoveOfMe View Post
    When there is another world war and people begin to listen to the rational ones because it will be once again about surviving. I just hope we get another world war in my lifetime.
    I hear war is when people make the best, most rational decisions.

Also hoping for people to die en masse says everything about you anyone needs to know.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    It's not my fault you right-wingers are so laughably predictable.

- - - Updated - - -

I hear war is when people make the best, most rational decisions.

Also hoping for people to die en masse says everything about you anyone needs to know.
    how is accepting lies and white guilt rational?
    thats all political correctness is

they day everyone tells them to shut the fuck up, its all over

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    Aaaand there's that famous victim complex again, right on time.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmollster11 View Post
    This is a stupid argument. There are tons of "mascots" that make a caricature of white men, and yet not a single white man in history ever cried about it. Of course, others cry about (I'm talking to all you anti-Col Reb folks).
    This thread was started by someone "crying" about political correctness, and people continue to whine about it like little fucking babies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    thats all political correctness is
    That's not what political correctness is, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    This thread was started by someone "crying" about political correctness, and people continue to whine about it like little fucking babies.
    Some people, anyway

Deleted
    How pathetic do you have to be to feel oppressed as a white person?

Do you have a specific critique of political correctness you want to point that finger at, or are you just watching too much South Park and confusing PC Principal for a person, rather than a satire.

Blackhawks / Indians are offensive because, when most other teams are using animals - you're using a minority - which equates them with animals / sub-human. You create mascots and imagery that reduce them into cartoon caricatures:

Do you understand why that is inappropriate?

I don't believe that anyone has a right to not-be-offended, but there is a legitimate argument for not needlessly denigrating people and cultures. It's one thing if it's a racist / inappropriate joke (I believe in giving great leeway to humor), it's another if it's plastered all over your city.
    I do not undester what is that picture is soo "offensive" to those insecure PC peoples.

Daily Reminder folks, that PC people are insecure about themselves, and lack of any reasoning skills whatsoever. All they can do is bitch about something that is minimally offensive, to make it a big deal out of literally NOTHING.

To All those people with PC minds: You are insecure individual, who gets offended by nothing. Basically an utter loser. Waste of life. Waste of Human Skin.

Basically, you are a waste, nobody wants you. Better change yer mind, if you know whats good for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post
    I do not undester what is that picture is soo "offensive" to those insecure PC peoples.

Daily Reminder folks, that PC people are insecure about themselves, and lack of any reasoning skills whatsoever. All they can do is bitch about something that is minimally offensive, to make it a big deal out of literally NOTHING.

To All those people with PC minds: You are insecure individual, who gets offended by nothing. Basically an utter loser. Waste of life. Waste of Human Skin.

Basically, you are a waste, nobody wants you. Better change yer mind, if you know whats good for you.
    I wonder if any of this SJW morons asked Indians if they feel offended or they just assumed. Because how can you be minority and don't feel opressed/offended all the time?

I'm preety sure there was some article that proves contrary, but I'm now too lazy too search for it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    I could say the same of you lefties as well. :-)

Am I to take it that since your engaging in name calling of candidates, I can start using the term Deep Throat as a reference to the the Clintons?
    Read my sig.... But i guess seeing what's right before your very eyes is difficult for somebody with selective vision.

since this statement pertains directly an argument defending political correctness....it is completely ironic
    stop having opinions, its just not working for ya

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by savras84 View Post
    I wonder if any of this SJW morons asked Indians if they feel offended or they just assumed. Because how can you be minority and don't feel opressed/offended all the time?

I'm preety sure there was some article that proves contrary, but I'm now too lazy too search for it.
    A poll found few actual Native Americans gave a shit about the Washington Redskins.

The problem with Social Justice Warriors is that ultimately they are a swirling cacophony of projection, most of Political Correctness are just ways bored upper class people can police and harass the working class without seeing the irony that while they scream the loudest about punching up, they exclusively punch down.

The best example is Mrs. Nelson who got all in a mess over a dancing Hoola Doll, in the end it was a privileged wealthy woman taking time to beat on some working class prole because she has the power to do so and had granted herself the moral licensing to do so.

Political Correctness is nothing more than a shield, a moral cover to do bad things to people and feel vindicated doing it. Social Justice Warriors are without a doubt Bully's, down to the last one of them, every single one is a bully. But they are clever bully's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    When are manners are going to end?

Maybe some time in an anarchistic society. Else I doubt manners will ever go away.

Kinda funny how most of you guys always cling to wanting the desperate rule of law and authoritarianism but then complain about it's nefarious side-effect. Want a free society without these kinda rules, then you're kinda going to have to accept more lawlessness, liberty, chaos and freedom in your society.

You can't have it both ways.
    I'd say an anarchic society would be even bigger on manners, since without manners it would just collapse into a bunch of warring clans. For society to work, there should be some cultural context in which people communicate with each other, and that context includes, among other things, manners.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Read my sig.... But i guess seeing what's right before your very eyes is difficult for somebody with selective vision.
    Your sig does reveal the contradiction about Liberals that I love, you are tolerant until you are not.

It reminds me of all the liberals who were so happy about those naked donald trump statues that got erected, that showed him as fat, out of shape and with a tiny penis.

The irony being Lefties bitch and moan about body shaming, of course until its their turn to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Political Correctness is a flow on from policies from the United Nations.

The central purposes for which the U.N. was established -- to maintain international peace and security; to foster cooperation in solving international economic, social, cultural, and humanitarian problems; to promote respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms; to develop friendly relations among nations.

So for a country to pertain to the UN charter they must not promote and even rub out raciest attitudes
    Most countries have taken the wooden stick to their people to do so, by bringing in Hate speech as a jailable offense.
    As well as having Multicultural days and support for Women's issues which the UN promotes.

The United Nations also dictates how many refugees a country should take.

In my opinion the United Nations is full of communists and hardly does what it sets out to do.
    Political Correctness cannot be stopped with the United Nations in charge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Your sig does reveal the contradiction about Liberals that I love, you are tolerant until you are not.

It reminds me of all the liberals who were so happy about those naked donald trump statues that got erected, that showed him as fat, out of shape and with a tiny penis.

The irony being Lefties bitch and moan about body shaming, of course until its their turn to do it.
    I'm surprised how fast you turned from a person with a good knowledge and views on history and society, into a loony barking on everyone you engage into a discussion with, and with zealous hatred against "liberals" and "lefties" - not knowing what these terms mean at the same time.

I mean, sure, Internet corrupts weak-willed people... But usually it takes, at least, a couple of years, not a few weeks. *scratches his head*

I guess it is better to just ignore some people entirely. Some are way too far gone to hope to get any senses back into them.