Do I move to a new zone as soon as I hit "friendly" with that faction?

Do I reach level 110 when I reach "friendly" with 5 factions?

Or it is not enough.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    I left each zone after getting the achievement and I hit 110 with 2 quest lines to go in stormheim.

Don't just get friendly. You want to complete the main storyline in each zone. Basically follow your guide that says how many parts of the chapter you've completed. When you get the zone achievement you should leave. Not before then though or else you'll have to backtrack. You need to do this for flying anyway so it's worth your time now.

I guess that I will concentrate on 1 character then.

No more alt this expansion.

It is very boring to do all these quests.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    I guess that I will concentrate on 1 character then.

No more alt this expansion.

It is very boring to do all these quests.
    I love each and every zones main quest so far. Im 108 and still have a little less than half of aszuna and all of highmountain left and honestly Ive enjoyed every storyline so far.

Ive even done a ton of side quests along with the main quests and enjoy them a lot. Questing this expac is extremely fun, which is why Im taking it a bit slower.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Do I reach level 110 when I reach "friendly" with 5 factions?

Or it is not enough.
    It's (IMO at least) best to finish at least the main questline in each zone before moving to the next, and grab as many sidequests and objectives as you run into them (lots of objectives are in areas you have quests anyway, just don't leave them half-finished, XP is pretty good), i have done just that, did two normal dungeons (To finish up Azsuna and Stormheim), have 1/5 of a level to go until 110 and am about 1/4 of the way into the last zone.

I probably missed some sidequests here and there, but i'll go back for them at 110, XP is a bit tighter than in previous expansions, but getting to 110 is certainly doable without having to resort to grinding mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    You go there to get the Pillars of Creation.
    So I think actuallly getting the Pillar of Creation would be a good signal that you've "finished" the questline.
    That's what I've been doing, quick mop-up after having done the dungeon for the quest item then move one. At 107,5 and just started my last zone, so will probably have to do some gathering/side quests for the last level or so, which I don't mind at all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waynhim View Post
    That's what I've been doing, quick mop-up after having done the dungeon for the quest item then move one. At 107,5 and just started my last zone, so will probably have to do some gathering/side quests for the last level or so, which I don't mind at all.
    If you do the bonus objectives as you quest you'll hit 110 a quarter way through the last zone