Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    OP doesn't get it. I was je suis charlie not because of what they have been saying all these years, but because I believe that they have all the rights in the world to speak out. And again I don't like what they drew , but I like the fact that they are allowed to draw it. And I wish to keep it that way.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    People will defend freedom of speech and liberty for all until someone does something they don't like.

15+ Year Old Account
    See no harm in this. Keep up the good work CH.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    People will defend freedom of speech and liberty for all until someone does something they don't like.

nothing else needs to be said, people are full of shit, that all there is to remember about these "discussions"

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    It's why I had a good laugh when they got shot up by terrorists.

This is also just my own dark humor. Right?
    I mean by CH standards it's totally cool to make jokes about their employees being shot to death.

Charlie is just a double standard shithole. Look at what happened to one of their cartoonist who was wrongfully fired (and who sued and then won).

Some of his cartoons were like this:

Omg how dare he mock jews! He must be fired!

Deleted

Dark sarcasm. Uuuh well played

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skavau View Post
    There's really a huge scale of difference here.

You are basically saying that your empathy stops if someone does something you don't like, then they're fair game.
    If you do something shitty to someone else, you should expect some kind of retaliation.
    Words can and often do cause far more damage than actions.

If a black person gets beat up randomly, he'll heal in time and after a while not think much of it.
    If he gets called n*gger and singled out, you can bet he'll remember it for the rest of his life.

Yes, I have much less, if any, empathy for the person provoking.

10+ Year Old Account

The reason a lot of people went on the streets to protect CH is not because they like CH, it is because they like the right of CH to do what they do. I am also not of a very high opinion of CH, their humor is inappropriate and pretty dumb, and...

Oh, I see what you did here.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Please. We are not Americans, we do not endlessly obsess about very ugly but highly localized criminal acts that are statistically insignificant as a source of mortality and happened years ago.

The older generation was very flippant about the blitz. That was an actual threat to the nation. IRA or modern Jihadi terrorism is absolutely nothing by comparison.

- - - Updated - - -

Which part of them killing ordinary working-class Brits and Protestants makes them heroic?

You could say the Easter rising rebels were brave. They took on the British empire at its height when vastly outnumbered and outgunned.

Putting a bomb in a pub and detonating it from a safe distance, killing women and children, is not heroic in any sane definition of the word.
    Bad things happen during a war - that's what it was. The North of Ireland was - and is still occupied by British state, the Provos during the conflict were civilians themselves, that took up arms to free their remaining portion of their country. Be that by shooting a Police officer, or planting a bomb. The difference is meaningless. This will never be settled because your terrorist is my freedom fighter, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyraz View Post
    Bad things happen during a war - that's what it was. The North of Ireland was - and is still occupied by British state, the Provos during the conflict were civilians themselves, that took up arms to free their remaining portion of their country. Be that by shooting a Police officer, or planting a bomb. The difference is meaningless. This will never be settled because your terrorist is my freedom fighter, etc.
    They were terrorists by any definition, shopping centres are not legitimate military targets.

And Northern Ireland is occupied by the Northern Irish, who want to remain a part of the UK. They wouldn't have freed the remaining portion of their country at all, they would have subjugated a population who had no wish to be part of Eire, i.e. occupied by a foreign state.

The desires of those terrorists and terrorist sympathisers like you, would mean going against the will of the people in order to fulfil some archaic fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    They were terrorists by any definition, shopping centres are not legitimate military targets.

And Northern Ireland is occupied by the Northern Irish, who want to remain a part of the UK. They wouldn't have freed the remaining portion of their country at all, they would have subjugated a population who had no wish to be part of Eire, i.e. occupied by a foreign state.

The desires of those terrorists and terrorist sympathisers like you, would mean going against the will of the people in order to fulfil some archaic fantasy.

I have to applaud your resilience in this thread, you have more patience than most. Particularly so since so many seem to go out of their way to fail to understand basic arguments, perspectives, and well, logic, more or less just for the sake of it. Makes for good reading though, particularly all the really strong biases that gets revealed here and there, surprisingly openly in some cases, due to the heat of the moment I assume.

The focus of these particular comics was to attack the architects and construction workers who used faked materials. IE building houses with lasagna. These comics are not meant to ridicule the people who died. If you think that then you missed the point entirely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sama-81 View Post
    I have to applaud your resilience in this thread, you have more patience than most. Particularly so since so many seem to go out of their way to fail to understand basic arguments, perspectives, and well, logic, more or less just for the sake of it. Makes for good reading though, particularly all the really strong biases that gets revealed here and there, surprisingly openly in some cases, due to the heat of the moment I assume.
    He's still wrong about not hearing while covering your ear though

Quote Originally Posted by Banana1 View Post
    The focus of these particular comics was to attack the architects and construction workers who used faked materials. IE building houses with lasagna. These comics are not meant to ridicule the people who died. If you think that then you missed the point entirely.
    Pretty much, atleast no one will run in there and murder innocent people, there is only one group who gets that offended.

Deleted
    No they are not about that.
    They are about causing shock and selling.

There are very strict building regulations in place now throughout that area.
    They werent there 40 years ago, nevermind 200, 400, 1000 years ago.
    Last edited by mmocea043e1e13; 2016-09-06 at 09:15 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post

I have no sympathy at all with the IRA or Sinn Fein, let me make that clear, they are scum.

However, the argument of Irish nationalists (who may or may not endorse violence) was that Northern Ireland is a gerrymandered state with an in-built protestant majority. This is largely accurate-Northern Ireland is a random slice of the island with no particular identity, it is not even correlated with the boundaries of Ulster. The logical democratic unit is the island of Ireland.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    1000 years ago.
    Living in a house built 1000 years ago and you expect to survive a quake of that magnitude? Yeah, people who think like that deserve to be satirized, even in death.

Deleted
    Living in a house built 1000 years ago and you expect to survive a quake of that magnitude? Yeah, people who think like that deserve to be satirized, even in death.
    If you live in a house built 1000 years ago youre most likely in a tomb.

I would say before you keep talking just maybe find out what it is youre talking about as there is SO much I would have to go through.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    there is SO much I would have to go through.
    How about you start with some English classes?

heh, lasagna, funny
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english