Thread: Chaos Crystal

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Chaos Crystal

Do we know the rules for what will D/E into chaos crystals yet? It seems if the item was originally blue but titanforged into an epic it won't give you one but I'm not sure about that.

Getting them consistently from 830+ epics.

Also got two randomly at prepatch from titanforged HFC gear. None from blue Legion gear, all the way to 825.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Getting them consistently from 830+ epics.

Also got two randomly at prepatch from titanforged HFC gear. None from blue Legion gear, all the way to 825.
    Just DE'ed a 835 epic. No crystal. I haven't seen one yet from any epic I have DE'ed.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    Just DE'ed a 835 epic. No crystal. I haven't seen one yet from any epic I have DE'ed.
    Yes, sorry, I meant 840+. Whatever the ones are that drop in Mythic dungeons.

DEd like 6 of those so far, always got a crystal.

Deleted
    I DE'd some 840+ Mythic items and didnt get a single Chaos Crystal. Get shards instead. Bug or intended? if intended, how we meant to reliably get chaos crystals in legion instead of based on some weird RNG?

It could just be RNG. My 6 is a very small sample size. I expect I'll see more once I get to this week's runs. Also 840 is practically the lowest tier for drop epics, we'll get to very ilvls very fast once the raids and M+ get here. Should be more consistent on higher ilvls and I expect anything around 860+ or so should be 100% drop on Crystals (if not earlier already).

Never got anything else than Crystal from Mythic gear. Might be more random on items that get upgraded to epic with RNG though.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikolalia View Post
    I DE'd some 840+ Mythic items and didnt get a single Chaos Crystal. Get shards instead. Bug or intended? if intended, how we meant to reliably get chaos crystals in legion instead of based on some weird RNG?
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Never got anything else than Crystal from Mythic gear. Might be more random on items that get upgraded to epic with RNG though.

I read something about having to complete all your enchanting quests to be able to get them. Have either of you completed them all?

Disenchanted about 15 mythic pieces, 100% crystals.

Gear which upgrades in quality either from the quest/drop proc or via gaining item levels and automatically turning "epic" at 840 gives enchanting materials from its base form only. An 850 titanforged heroic piece is still a "blue" item in regards to disenchanting, because the base item is an 830 blue. Only mythic dungeon/raid gear disenchants into Chaos crystals because only Mythic dungeon gear or better is actually epic to start with.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    I read something about having to complete all your enchanting quests to be able to get them. Have either of you completed them all?
    Nope, I'm at a quest where I have to visit old dungeons for some enchanting items. Got all the basic enchants though. Veredyn here seem to have explained it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikolalia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Nope, I'm at a quest where I have to visit old dungeons for some enchanting items. Got all the basic enchants though. Veredyn here seem to have explained it well.

Seems to be both if you ask me. Needs to be Mythic 840+ and you have to have your quests done.
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2016-09-09 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Gear which upgrades in quality either from the quest/drop proc or via gaining item levels and automatically turning "epic" at 840 gives enchanting materials from its base form only. An 850 titanforged heroic piece is still a "blue" item in regards to disenchanting, because the base item is an 830 blue. Only mythic dungeon/raid gear disenchants into Chaos crystals because only Mythic dungeon gear or better is actually epic to start with.
    I got my first chaos crystal before Legion release from starting DH zone. Then while leveling another from some 7xx random unique (I think it was upgrade). So I dont think so its only from Mythic/raid epics.

Deleted
    @Oroange Joe: cheers will look at all my enchanting quests are complete before i de anymore. Worth a look. Cheers for the tip.

In my server, there was a guy who wanted to sell 30+ crystal for 700g/crystal. He claimed that earlier he had 130+ (this was a week after launch).
    I asked him the trick, but he replied that its secret (which is understandable)

Deleted
    Put a GM ticket in about it and they replied to me saying that my epics i DE'd should have been correctly DE'd into Chaos Crystals. I did an item restoration and advised to wait until a hotfix before DE'ing them again so I rightfully get a Chaos Crystal. Didn't say when this would be but soon. Just a tip for folks getting shards. Isn't anything to do with level of enchanting or anything to do with finishing the enchanting quest line. Hope this helps.

Deleted
    12 mythic+elite WQ gear (840+) disenchanted, 12 Crystals.

Deleted
    Good for you :P

There are people buying 775+ epic crafted gear in my server. Dunno if it's related

I got 2 or 3 from disenchanting epic-procced quest-rewards. There seems to be a small chance for those items.