Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Withered Army Training - Short end of the stick?

I have tried this twice now as Shadow and I feel like gouging my eyes out.
    With this being such an important thing to get your rep up with the main faction in the game, I really feel stressed by how difficult it seems to me.
    I am sure that gear will help quite a lot but currently trying to control all the mobs and the withered while employing our awful AoE is just painful. You can multi dot but then your withered start getting hit and not being able to heal this is just a slap in the face to our other two specs. We have a long cooldown silence and a long cooldown stun or fear, no interrupts outside of those and we have no taunt for when the withered randomly get aggro away from us.

Our dps is lowered when we have to move a lot and the main mechanics at the start of the scenario are interrupt or move. This coupled with having to run after the withered when they take damage serves to just make things even slower. The slower we go the more damage the withered take, the more damage you take and more of a chance to mess up the mechanics and damage your withered further.

Feeling pretty bummed out about this.

How has it been for everyone else?
    I haven't tried Holy (My main spec) yet as I have read there is a bug that if you die, Spirit of Redemption causes the scenario to mess up and you don't get any reward. I also don't like the idea of not being able to heal the withered even if Holy has the best AoE with Holy Nova.
    Has anyone run with Disc?

10+ Year Old Account
    I tested the first day it was available (DH dps), the ennemies two shoted me... Score = 0

7+ Year Old Account
    Done it as Disc so far with amazing results, with a score around 250:

- Pull very, very carefully, and nuke as quickly as possible to protect your army.
    - There is no timer on this scenario, you can always wait for your cooldowns to come back up!
    - Avoid the big elemental/magic ones whenever possible.
    - Make sure to skill 'Shining Force'! Use it at the very end of the big one's uninterruptable cast.
    - If you're a Belf, remember your Arcane Torrent!
    - Skill 'Divine Star'. It's one of the only ways to deal with the sucky small spiders.
    - Take all the simple Withered and Dryad enemies, those are easy and offer easy points.
    - Don't waste your Withered on any chest other than the really big one!

Biggest roadblock so far is the Boss down past the spiders. She someone goes enrage on me below 40%.

Hope that helps a little

Do it as holy, it's pretty easy then. You got a stun that you can get to be a really short cooldown every 3 min for easy bosses and great aoe in holy nova.

This quest is just awful as shadow, i watched towelliee do it as prot paladin it literally makes me sick how easy it is for prot specs.

Welcome to Legion, the tank expansion.

DHs can solo all the 5-man rare WQs with ease, too, as they're literally immortal and heal more than a healer in dungeons. I imagine they'll walk all over this and laugh so hard the score goes up by >9000.

first time i did it... I didn't read the spell description and made my pets enraged they aggroed everything I got instakilled. Rip.

Second time I did it, I went to get a chest => got stuck => had to tp away = no rewards, gg (they moved the chest the day after so I guess it was a known issue).

Third time I did it, I pulled one by one but yeah... your pets get aggro dunno why and if by mistake you aggro more than you should => you die (I got like trishoted by a freaking nightborne ?).

Let's hope that tomorrow I'll be able to be less mediocre

Homophobia is so gay.

Holy is imo the best spec for it. You get a reliable stun with less then 30s cooldown (since you should be smiting fair bit) which is one of the most important things that I have seen sofar.

Most of the damage comes from the Withered anyway and your more survivable so you don't lose to a single bad pull.

The stealth Nightborn that ambushes you completely wrecked me tho. No clue how I can deal with him.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I'm done with this game tbh.

I'm seriously thinking of unsubbing.

=> can't do the holy artefact quest 'cause alonsus faol is MIA from my order hall.

Fucking nightborne spawning in the scenario literally killing me in 3 sec or killing my army.

Fuck this game. i wouldn't mind if the freaking dungeons weren't locked behind a rep grind.

Please tell me there's something I'm missing about this nightborne because atm it's really pissing me off.

Homophobia is so gay.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I managed to kill Dro with Shadow, but it wasn't really worth it. He shreds through my hitpoints, he destroys all but one withered, and he only died because I spent five minutes running around juggling fear, dispersion, mindcontrol, fade+mindbender. Maybe he becomes trivial with fully upgraded army, but right now, he's a massive pain. I tried it back with 810ilvl, I tried it with 830+, it didn't really change anything. He still hits like a truck and has a massive health pool. There's no way I can burn him down before I have to kite and by that time he kills all my minions.

I didn't try it as Disc or Holy, but I'm not sure if it would help. His melee hits are so painful, I doubt Atonement healing would keep up, which means casting more heals and doing even less dps. Same with Holy dps - probably couldn't up with stuns due to self healing needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    I'm done with this game tbh.

I'm seriously thinking of unsubbing.

=> can't do the holy artefact quest 'cause alonsus faol is MIA from my order hall.

Fucking nightborne spawning in the scenario literally killing me in 3 sec or killing my army.

Fuck this game. i wouldn't mind if the freaking dungeons weren't locked behind a rep grind.

Please tell me there's something I'm missing about this nightborne because atm it's really pissing me off.
    Good bye. >Ten characters ftw<

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Holy is imo the best spec for it. You get a reliable stun with less then 30s cooldown (since you should be smiting fair bit) which is one of the most important things that I have seen sofar.

Most of the damage comes from the Withered anyway and your more survivable so you don't lose to a single bad pull.

The stealth Nightborn that ambushes you completely wrecked me tho. No clue how I can deal with him.
    when he starts charging around you need to stun him, outside of the charge he deals 0 dmg to your withered, and you can just kite him with feathers.

he does the charge every 20~ sec or so, so ideally you want to get at least two-three smites off each time you stun his charge

that being said, priests are don't fare too well in the scenario.

FWIW the max rep you can get is 425 which is available from a score of 375 onwards

Getting max rep from the scenario is fairly trivial as you can just slowly edge your way through and avoid dangerous things.

That's not to say some classes don't do it x10 easier and x10 faster, of course. And if for any reason beyond rep you want a particularly high score, then your boned unless you are some very specific classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post

Theres withered upgrades from the big chest, 2 of them are berserkers which tank for you. They have higher health and taunt. You need to use some form of CC on him when he does his aoe charging though or he will kill most of your troops.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Welcome to Legion, the tank expansion.

DHs can solo all the 5-man rare WQs with ease, too, as they're literally immortal and heal more than a healer in dungeons. I imagine they'll walk all over this and laugh so hard the score goes up by >9000.
    I've been feeling this from most of the tanks big time so far. It seems really stupid to me how much self healing tanks are doing... isn't that my job as the healer? Tanks shouldn't doing half of the healing from a pull... it's even worse than it was in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    Theres withered upgrades from the big chest, 2 of them are berserkers which tank for you. They have higher health and taunt. You need to use some form of CC on him when he does his aoe charging though or he will kill most of your troops.
    Y but seems like a terrible deal for everything else inside because you can't heal the withered while I can easily tank everything but the assassin dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    I've been feeling this from most of the tanks big time so far. It seems really stupid to me how much self healing tanks are doing... isn't that my job as the healer? Tanks shouldn't doing half of the healing from a pull... it's even worse than it was in WoD.
    It wasn't even hyperbole, my mage usually runs with a DH tank and he regularly takes #1 healing done in dungeons, beating the healer (close, but beating). It's completely out of control, nothing can ever kill him. He laughed in my face when I complained about the Withered Army thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Uberkafros View Post
    Good bye. >Ten characters ftw<
    Nah I'm staying, just needed to vent a little.

Anyway I found out that I still got reasonable amount of rep. like 50-25 away from the max.

But thanks for you thoughtful message <3

Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Getting max rep from the scenario is fairly trivial as you can just slowly edge your way through and avoid dangerous things.

That's not to say some classes don't do it x10 easier and x10 faster, of course. And if for any reason beyond rep you want a particularly high score, then your boned unless you are some very specific classes.
    yeah i didn't know about the max rep, or atleast i thought it would be along the lines of like 1k rep. I was only getting 400.

Homophobia is so gay.

i actually think this quest is bugged for priests. I never use berserk just to be careful, after the first door my minions pull everything in the spider room including the mobs on the right, this is with me pulling backwards around the corner. I watch other people do this on twitch and even with mobs on berserk they dont pull the spiders from the basement. Shadow being awful in here is actually besides the point for me, mobs just keep randomly pulling.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    i actually think this quest is bugged for priests. I never use berserk just to be careful, after the first door my minions pull everything in the spider room including the mobs on the right, this is with me pulling backwards around the corner. I watch other people do this on twitch and even with mobs on berserk they dont pull the spiders from the basement. Shadow being awful in here is actually besides the point for me, mobs just keep randomly pulling.
    You sure its not that Withered are being bumped off the platform by mobs and fall down, aggroing the mobs at the bottom?