Deleted

Stats Priority Demonology

Hi,

I have read the Demonology Guide from this forum and it says:

Haste > Intellect > Crit > Mastery

Someone told me Mastery is WAY better then Haste because your Pets are doing too much dmg. Which makes:

Mastery > Intellecty > Haste

I can agree that mastery is better then haste.
    I read some guides, also on Icy Veins from the guild Serenity and it says also Haste is better then mastery.. Mastery is almost the worst stat then...
    Makes literally no sense for me.

Can some explain me exactly WHY you would prefer haste instead of mastery first?

Woz could probably speak to this better than me, but haste also increases the attack time/cast speed of your demons, so its also a damage bonus for them.

It allows you to build faster and more demons out.

Not sure of the math behind it, but its all about doing it faster rather than harder. lol
    Last edited by Dietrik; 2016-09-04 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Thal'kiels consumption CD not reduced by haste so changed it
    Demo is fine... play better.

Deleted
    Hm maybe Woz can answer to it, because it makes no sense to me to go Haste instead of Mastery...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyvondria View Post
    Hi,

I have read the Demonology Guide from this forum and it says:

Haste > Intellect > Crit > Mastery

Someone told me Mastery is WAY better then Haste because your Pets are doing too much dmg. Which makes:

Mastery > Intellecty > Haste

I can agree that mastery is better then haste.
    I read some guides, also on Icy Veins from the guild Serenity and it says also Haste is better then mastery.. Mastery is almost the worst stat then...
    Makes literally no sense for me.

Can some explain me exactly WHY you would prefer haste instead of mastery first?
    More haste = More shards = More imps = Stronger Demonbolt + more Demonbolts + Stronger Thalkiels Consumption.

Pretty sure it all boils down to that. Also, shorter cast time is great when you have to move out of shit quickly, which is often the case in Legion. Imps are one of the biggest sources of your damage, and the only limitor to how many imps you get out is haste. Making sure doom actually ticks is also very important, and haste is good for that.

Edit: Also, mastery doesn't help your Thalkiels Consumption, Doom or Demon Bolt. Haste is pretty much the only stat that helps everything, while being extremely helpful with regards to shard generation.
    Last edited by mmoc738030ea5a; 2016-09-04 at 04:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Degn89 View Post
    More haste = More shards = More imps = Stronger Demonbolt + more Demonbolts + Stronger Thalkiels Consumption.

Pretty sure it all boils down to that. Also, shorter cast time is great when you have to move out of shit quickly, which is often the case in Legion. Imps are one of the biggest sources of your damage, and the only limitor to how many imps you get out is haste. Making sure doom actually ticks is also very important, and haste is good for that.

Edit: Also, mastery doesn't help your Thalkiels Consumption, Doom or Demon Bolt. Haste is pretty much the only stat that helps everything, while being extremely helpful with regards to shard generation.
    That makes sense. But we dont know the haste cap atm, or? Because for example if we have like 25%~ Haste, do we go to mastery then? Or just pump EVERYTHING in haste? Maybe at one point, its not worth to get more and more haste because with bloodlust, maybe you will have problem with your global cooldown if you cast too fast, and u have to wait like 0.1seconds before you can cast another spell because you finish it too fast.

All your cast times are reduced by haste.
    Mastery might increase your demons power once they're out, but having more demons out boosts DPS more, since number of demons affects things like Thal'kiel's consumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyvondria View Post
    That makes sense. But we dont know the haste cap atm, or? Because for example if we have like 25%~ Haste, do we go to mastery then? Or just pump EVERYTHING in haste?
    I would argue that you should just stay clear of mastery, since it doesn't buff those 3 major spells. If you could 100% stack one stat, I'd say haste all the way, because of the fact that imps have a fixed duration and demon bolt hits harder for each demon you have, same with Thalkiels Consumption, and Doom is more likely to tick. You can't do that though, so crit is the other one to get, a crit Thal'kiels / Doom hits much harder than a non-crit one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    All your cast times are reduced by haste.
    Mastery might increase your demons power once they're out, but having more demons out boosts DPS more, since number of demons affects things like Thal'kiel's consumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Degn89 View Post
    I would argue that you should just stay clear of mastery, since it doesn't buff those 3 major spells. If you could 100% stack one stat, I'd say haste all the way, because of the fact that imps have a fixed duration and demon bolt hits harder for each demon you have, same with Thalkiels Consumption, and Doom is more likely to tick. You can't do that though, so crit is the other one to get, a crit Thal'kiels / Doom hits much harder than a non-crit one.
    That makes sense. So were going Haste > Crit then. Thanks you all guys, you helped me alot

Seems it was answered already. Haste is overall just better; more casts for more soul shards, more demon casts/attacks. Crit scales better with more targets vs Mastery scaling with basically just single target damage making priority: Haste>>>Crit>Mastery>Vers

Closing this - direct further discussion in the Demo thread, thanks!