Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

#TacoTrucksOnEveryCorner

http://www.npr.org/sections/codeswit...ntent=20160903
    If you've been on social media today, you've probably noticed there's a lot of talk about taco trucks. Confused? It started like this. Marco Gutierrez, a Mexican immigrant and the founder of a group called Latinos for Trump, went on MSNBC Thursday night and said something had to be done about Mexican immigration to the U.S.

"My culture is a very dominant culture. And it's imposing, and it's causing problems. If you don't do something about it, you're going to have taco trucks on every corner," Gutierrez said.

Almost instantly, the hashtag #TacoTrucksOnEveryCorner was born and the pile-on grew faster than a Chipotle taco bowl moving down the line. By midnight, #TacoTrucksOnEveryCorner was the No. 1 one trending topic in the U.S.

Jorge Gutierrez, a filmmaker with no relation to Marco, took the warning as more of a campaign promise:

Follow
    Jorge R. Gutierrez @mexopolis
    Historians will look back to this monumental day in history as the day the 2016 USA election was actually decided. #TacoTrucksOnEveryCorner
    10:06 AM - 2 Sep 2016
    63 63 Retweets 161 161 likes
    Stacey Rayner said she could vouch for how awesome this new reality would be:

Follow
    SNL @USMexSpain
    I actually live off of a street that has #tacotrucksoneverycorner. It's pretty much the best street ever. #houston
    11:04 AM - 2 Sep 2016
    21 21 Retweets 65 65 likes
    And Daniel Jacox tweeted that it could, as Donald Trump has promised, make America safer:

Follow
    Daniel @Daroja5891
    If there were #TacoTrucksOnEveryCorner there'd be less crime. Unless you consider paying extra for guacamole an injustice.
    12:24 AM - 2 Sep 2016
    39 39 Retweets 65 65 likes

OK, you get the point. There are just so many good ones. But let's get serious for a bit.

I called up one of the nation's foremost taco experts, Gustavo Arellano. He writes the OC Weekly's syndicated column "Ask A Mexican" and is also the author of Taco USA. He says that as absurd as Gutierrez's warning sounded to many people, it's part of a long tradition of using Mexican foods as a way to scare white Americans.

"You'd call people beaners, greasers, you'd talk about 'Montezuma's Revenge,' " Arellano says. "And even with taco trucks, you'd call them roach coaches ... this idea that somehow Mexican food is not healthy for you, and even poisonous."

But Arellano says those days are mostly gone.

"We're now of a generation where almost everyone has grown up eating Mexican food of some sort or other, whether it's breakfast tacos, breakfast burritos, or big huge combo platters. So to try to say that more Mexicans means more Mexican food, if anything, that's the one thing all Americans like. You may not like the Mexican, but you sure love Mexican food."

I wanted to find out if this was true. So I took a walk to the long line of food trucks about a block from NPR headquarters in D.C. There was a fried chicken truck, an Afghan cuisine truck, and then a Mexican-Korean taco truck. Good enough.

Gina Cordero was taking a selfie to post to Twitter under the hashtag. She'd just ordered two pork tacos and one chicken. I asked her how she felt about the prospect of a taco truck on every corner. "As a Republican, I support small business," she said. "It's a good thing for the economy!"

I tried to get one more interview, with the food truck's owner. But he was too busy, selling tacos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Hmmm.... tacos.

Here's the top of the list for food trucks in San Antonio Texas. Close to the border but only one taco food truck. Curious.

https://www.foodtrucksin.com/city/san-antonio_tx

Mrs. Snow Shave Ice Truck
    San Antonio, Texas
    Food Type: Shave Ice, Hot Dogs, Sausages
    Serving New Orleans Shave Ice, Mangonadas, Piccadillys & Coconut Ice Cream.* We also carry lunch and snack items*Nathan's Hot Dogs, Kiolbassa Sausage Wraps, Nachos, Cucumbers* and Corn in a Cup
    more...
    View Details

Ain't Ya Momma's Pie
    San Antonio, Texas
    Food Type: Desserts, Coffee and Beverages
    Ain't Ya Momma's Pie exists to deliver fresh, innovative, and delectable food while serving local and international non profits.
    more...
    View Details

Attaboy Burgers
    San Antonio, Texas
    Food Type: Burgers
    One tastebuddie at a time! Catch us if you can!
    more...
    View Details

B Daddy's BBQ
    San Antonio, Texas
    Food Type: Barbeque, American (Traditional)
    BBQ Food trailer providing real wood smoked brisket, ribs, sausage, pork and all the trimmings along with some daily specials!
    more...
    View Details

Big Guido's
    San Antonio, Texas
    Food Type: Italian
    Nothing better than good homecooked Italian food. Full of family recipes, Big Guido's combines traditional Italian with today's street food scene!
    more...
    View Details

Big Pimps Nacho Factory
    San Antonio, Texas
    Food Type: Mexican, Tacos
    Bringing gourmet food truck establishment to the inner and outer city limits of San Antonio. Creating custom menus for any private or social event in town
    more...
    View Details

Billy Hannah's Pulled Pork & More
    San Antonio, Texas
    Food Type: Barbeque
    With a hint of Carolina and Texan tradition, Billy Hannah's Pulled Pork & More offers a unique flavor to the city of San Antonio; delivered and cooked in a custom made smoker.
    more...
    View Details

Bite Street Bistro
    San Antonio, Texas
    Food Type: American (New)
    Call us what you want..... Just don't call us a "Taco Truck".
    more...
    View Details

Bob's Top Dogs
    San Antonio, Texas
    Food Type: American (Traditional), Hot Dogs
    Hot dogs,hamburgers,cheeseburgers, , BLT, grilled cheese, fried bologna. French fries, corn dogs
    more...
    View Details

Bombay Salsa Co.
    San Antonio, Texas
    Food Type: Indian, Mexican
    We are San Antonio's only Indian-Latin fusion truck. We are family owned and operated .
    more...
    View Details

Caliente Grill
    San Antonio, Texas
    Food Type: Mexican
    Mexican with a Texas twist. Fron Street Tacos to Mexican Burgers to Corn in a cup. Our yummy treats are sure to satisfy your food truck craving.
    more...
    View Details

Chamoy City Limits
    San Antonio, Texas
    Food Type: Shave Ice, Ice Cream, Desserts
    We specialize in hand-crafted syrups, pickled fruits, candied peppers and hand-crafted chamoy. You won't find this anywhere else but Chamoy City Limits.
    more...
    View Details

Chango's Gourmet Hot Dogs
    San Antonio, Texas
    Food Type: Hot Dogs
    Mobile Gourmet Hot Dog Restaurant. We offer full catering for office parties, birthdays, Bar & Bat Mitzvahs, Weddings.
    more...
    View Details

Cheesy Jane's
    San Antonio, Texas
    Food Type: Burgers
    Delicious hamburgers, fries, onion rings, and shakes. Served with a smile
    more...
    View Details

Chela's Tacos
    San Antonio, Texas
    Food Type: Mexican, Tacos
    Authentic taco recipes from all regions of Mexico!
    more...
    View Details

Chocollazo
    San Antonio, Texas
    Food Type: Desserts
    Chocollazo Chocolate Trolley is San Antonio's first and only food truck devoted to CHOCOLATE!
    more...
    View Details

Chong's Korean Mobile
    San Antonio, Texas
    Food Type: Korean, Korean Barbecue
    We are all about bringing some of Chong's most popular menu items from the restaurant to other locations within San Antonio and surrounding areas.
    more...
    View Details

Conger's Smoke Shack
    San Antonio, Texas
    Food Type: Barbeque, Southern, Sandwiches
    We satisfy the high demand for quality BBQ in San Antonio and serve it straight out of our truck. Voted best BBQ in SA.
    more...
    View Details

Countdown Wings
    San Antonio, Texas
    Food Type: Chicken Wings
    New name same great Taste!!!!! WingIT
    more...
    View Details

Crazy Carl's
    San Antonio, Texas
    Food Type: Burgers, Fries, Comfort Food
    Specializing in griddle smashed burgers, house smoked meats, and hand cut fries. Classic comfort food with refined touches. Available for all events!

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...r-or-Starbucks

Same title. Is it the same topic? (I didn't watch the video in the other one so idk.)

There is a taqueria on nearly every single block in my city already. If you type my address into Google Maps and search for taquerias nearby it will return no less than five (no joke) within ~10mins walk of my front door.

I ain't never scared.

Taco trucks and Peruvian Flute Bands, food and entertainment while keeping the giant guinea pigs away.

Deleted
    As long as it isn't mosques amirite? ( that's sarcasm for all u trigger-happy reporters)
    Immigration on the streets is great if u can eat it.
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2016-09-04 at 05:24 PM.

I really dislike both of the main candidates, but I lean towards Trump. That being said when I saw this, my reaction was "yes please."
    Signature deleted due to it violating the rules. Please read the signature rules for more info.

"If Donald Trump loses, they'll be Taco trucks on every street."

Trump loses and I get to eat more Tacos. It's a win win for me!

Yummy yummy to my tummy.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post

Yep, that would guarantee I wouldn't vote for him if it would mean taco trucks on every corner. That is, if it was even close for me to vote for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure how the prospect of a taco truck on every corner is supposed to scare me.

I, for one, welcome our new taco truck overloards.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Professional media vs. organization that got a hard lesson in spin.

This is how propaganda works friends.

A serious message, yes, delivered in a haphazard way that could have been stated better.

Media gets it hands on it, then of course the internet does it thing, and now an important concern becomes farce.

Contrary to what those who claim total ownership over minorities would have you believe, not all Hispanics are in favor of wide open borders and all the problems that brings.

But do you get to hear that side of the Hispanic vote? Are you even aware of its size?

Of course not, because media wants you to believe that the "Brown vote" is 100% Democrat owned and that the micro-few who say otherwise are simply misguided dupes.

They do the same thing to Blacks by trying to make it seem like we're all just a bunch of angry oppressed anti-White BLMers.

But you cant tempt the internet with a good meme.

The next time Latinos for Trump makes a public statement, and lets hope they do, they'll probably choose their words more carefully.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Deleted

I am also having a hard time finding the downside in all of this. #NoFrigginFishTacos

this all just makes me want tacos

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    There is a taqueria on nearly every single block in my city already. If you type my address into Google Maps and search for taquerias nearby it will return no less than five (no joke) within ~10mins walk of my front door.

I ain't never scared.
    you got a guest room? imma comin
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account

You think you won.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tacos are good.

But I live down the street from taco bell and kroger and keeping a conniving murderous cunt out of office is even better.

10+ Year Old Account
    i hate tacos. therefore taco trucks are the tools of the draenei.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Contrary to what those who claim total ownership over minorities would have you believe, not all Hispanics are in favor of wide open borders and all the problems that brings.

But do you get to hear that side of the Hispanic vote? Are you even aware of its size?
    Does this include the Hispanic members of Trump's campaign team who just left?

I prefer old el paso enchiladas myself
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh