Thread: time gating

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

time gating

So Im here in my class order hall afking, waiting for my 12 hour missions to complete so I can continue my class hall quest. Wish I could go farm reputations too but they are too time gated by world quests.. Any else feel super annoyed by these 2 facts? I cant even grind mobs to gain rep. Otherwise expansion has been super fun any thoughts?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Createk View Post
    Any else feel super annoyed by these 2 facts?

Everyone is "gated" as you call it.. you're not missing out of anything. Go take a break, do something else, either in'game or Real life.

Deleted
    definitely feels really annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Log out. Do other things

Yes, because you'd just love grinding to exalted, finishing your class campaign and whatever else in just a couple of days right?
    If Blizzard designed Legion that way I bet you'd be the first one to complain that you now have nothing to do...

I doubt you're already 850 for example, if not.. go do that.

If you truly have nothing to do then log on an alt and level it up while you're wating for your main.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mmo_lol View Post
    Everyone is "gated" as you call it.. you're not missing out of anything. Go take a break, do something else, either in'game or Real life.
    Wrong. There are classes (Warlocks for example) that are able to finish their class order campaign in ~4days and already have the 3rd relic slot opened up. And while I don't want every calss order campaign to take the exact the same amount of time, having differences between it taking at least 80 hours vs. ~10 days is just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by iluwen_de View Post
    Wrong. There are classes (Warlocks for example) that are able to finish their class order campaign in ~4days and already have the 3rd relic slot opened up. And while I don't want every calss order campaign to take the exact the same amount of time, having differences between it taking at least 80 hours vs. ~10 days is just stupid.
    So what if it's just 4 days? lol
    They're still gated. By this time you'd have your third relic unless your slacked and didnt bother about your class campaign until you hit 110.

Quests locked behind mission tables is kind of irritating after awhile. Just finished the "Throwing off their trail" quest for rogue... it was four or five 12 hour missions you had to do. That was awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is it with this, great rush thing? Raids aren't even going to open for another 2 weeks.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Dominus89 View Post
    So what if it's just 4 days? lol
    They're still gated. By this time you'd have your third relic unless your slacked and didnt bother about your class campaign until you hit 110.
    I get what you are saying, however, what's wrong with hitting it at 110? That's what I did. Why? I did EVERYTHING in WoD in the first 3 months outside raiding and was bored.

This time I am trying to slow down.

So yeah, the OP should slow down too. Do it all and then what?

Quote Originally Posted by Themanintobuildafire View Post
    I get what you are saying, however, what's wrong with hitting it at 110? That's what I did. Why? I did EVERYTHING in WoD in the first 3 months outside raiding and was bored.

This time I am trying to slow down.

So yeah, the OP should slow down too. Do it all and then what?
    Never said it's wrong to start doing it at 110. But if you did, you're not really entitled to complain about the gating in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    What is it with this, great rush thing? Raids aren't even going to open for another 2 weeks.
    Because they rush through content then complain there is no content. [emoji14]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominus89 View Post
    I doubt you're already 850 for example, if not.. go do that.
    What a silly argument seeing that the first raid drops 850(+) gear....

Well you could grind up artifact power while waiting. There are so many ways to get it there's got to be something that tickles your fancy.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iluwen_de View Post
    I finished my mage campaign yesterday. What the hell are you doing that it's taking 10 days? Are you not countering the timed missions that have a very clear "increased mission time" on them?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Quests locked behind mission tables is kind of irritating after awhile. Just finished the "Throwing off their trail" quest for rogue... it was four or five 12 hour missions you had to do. That was awful.
    Pretty sure everyone has that. Mages at least had 2 quests that required 5 1day+ missions that shortened to 9h if you countered them properly.

See, on the one hand, I can understand OP. Yes, it is annoying when you get to a stage where everything is locked off and ur told to wait (Kind of like running out of energy/stamina in a mobile gacha game, lol).

On the other hand...if you've pushed that hard that the time locks are the main thing you have left...I do think you kinda did that to yourself. If you're going pack 30/40 hours worth of gameplay into just a few days...maybe you really SHOULD be taking a break, ya know? If you really don't have other games to play (Which is BS btw, this is the internet age, there are always more games available for free...legitimately, even!)..well, maybe don't push so hard, and do like a panda says "Slow down!"
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

It wont matter, why do you care so much. The end game isn't open until the 21st. Normal mythics are puggable. There is no need to worry about having that 3rd slot open before someone else. I am 2 days behind other people in my own class but I don't care. I don't start Heroic Mythic raiding until end of sept/start of october.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRogue View Post
    Normal mythics
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRogue View Post
    Heroic Mythic
    Why not stick to calling them normal/heroic/mythic/mythic+. "Normal mythic" and "heroic mythic" is confusing.

Heroic / Mythics raids.... sorry if the lack of a slash made it confusing.

You can farm rep by running dungeons, have fun.