Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Which spec has 8+ nukes? I'd like to play that spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Noselacri View Post
    What's the deal? Have to grind through ordinary mobs with like 8+ nukes.
    Doesn't feel like they have a lot of hp, stuffs dying in like, 3 seconds tops.

Deleted
    It wont last long, once you're over 825 ilvl you can pretty much pull the whole zone, AE, and one shot world quests

Even though I feel that the mobs are somewhat stronger now at max level than in previous expansions currently everything feels stronger because we have been used to having relatively much higher item level for about one year.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Don't need to be a WW monk to kill stuff quickly, I do the same as Feral(and my much worse geared Shadow Priest doesn't take super long either)
    feral is #1 spec atm so... SP is in the top for ST too. Not really a valid comparison.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 4dahorde View Post
    Finally! no more casting 2 abilities at a mob and having it fall over. This is an MMO, things take time, including killing mobs that are SUPPOSE to be a threat.

The way it has been in the past is the problem, not the way it is now.
    Except they don't do enough damage to ever be a threat.

Quote Originally Posted by randomforum View Post
    They don't need to have more dps to kill you.

There are tons and tons of areas that you can't avoid, where you end up trying to ride past the mobs and you just end up aggroing 4-5 mobs. Even though they don't do A LOT of damage, it adds up when 4-5 mobs are hitting you. I thought that my example had been clear - I'm referring to the MM hunter experience here. You have no pet to tank, so you take all the hits. Your damage is not high enough to just kill them all fast enough (nor is your focus regen), so they end up killing you in seconds. While playing as BM is "fine" (you kill the mobs - slowly but surely, thanks to your turtle and its cooldowns), when you play as a non-tanky class, you're screwed.

Now, if we had flying, that would be fine - it would be up to you to choose the spot you land in and try to pick a safe one where you can pick 1-2 mobs at once. The way things are going, you can't fly, so you have to ride through (either that or spend 30 minutes just getting to the quest mobs you need...if you're lucky). So. No flying. DPS isn't high enough to kill the mobs fast enough to stay alive. It will be high enough in the future (say, 2 patches from now). BUT BY THEN I WON'T BE DOING THOSE QUESTS, WILL I?

I think it was a really poor decision, with little no thought put into it.

Below us, Marston said:

"I am playing a Frost DK and have no problems killing stuff in a few seconds. Heck, I can cleave down 4-5 mobs if I use Deathstrike as a filler and have no fear of dieing."

That's nice. Now, take away your plate, wear mail and have no healing ability (like death strike). That's how it is for MM hunters now. Except for, they die from 3 mobs, not 4-5.
    Dont play as lone wolf spec? Play as a MM hunter in raidspec and youll have incredibly shitty experience (especially at lower ilvls) while doing world stuff, play without barrage and sidewinders and get a pet and youll suddenly be able to solo almost everything easily. The talent are there for a reason you know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crruor View Post
    Dont play as lone wolf spec? Play as a MM hunter in raidspec and youll have incredibly shitty experience (especially at lower ilvls) while doing world stuff, play without barrage and sidewinders and get a pet and youll suddenly be able to solo almost everything easily. The talent are there for a reason you know.
    "But... but... Icy-veins listed them as best DPS and i didn't read the comments below every talent row... No fair!"

OP: No, mobs have just about the right amount of health... feels almost like vanilla (just with more and fancier spells).

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    Don't the mobs scale with the ilvl aswell to some extent?

I'm at 836 with 853 weapons but I swear I don't feel a difference when pulling a bunch of zombos in Suramar.
    No they only scale with character level. Scaling at 110 is crazy high - mobs go from weak at 109 to hitting like trucks at 110.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    How are you at 853 wep?

Does unlocking the third relic slot bugg out the ilvl or something?
    It's easy. X3 +36 or higher relics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    Third relic adds ~37 ilevels depending on how lucky you are with relic drops.
    You get a 36 or 37 freebie when unlocking the 3rd slot. No need for a drop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    It does provide a nice sense of danger. That said, at lv 104 I can still as a shadowpriest handle 3 mobs at the same time, just not chainpull multiples.

I did the artefact intro on my fury warrior however and was like "WTF? How should I do that.". Self healing just did not make up (and I admit I was stupid enough to not bring the best possible healing potions)

Yeah, I was actually wondering how that one guy made 110 in 5,5 hrs - that with having to go through your artefact / Order hall scenario, mobs dying more slowly and XP not being that great.
    Pre 110 is easy. Wait til you hit 110 - the mobs scale up big time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

An important factor many in this thread have overlooked is the ilvl of your toon relative to the new content. On my main, I was fully geared from pre-legion invasion events (about 705 ilvl) and found the Broken Isles to be relatively easy from 100-110. Only died a handful of times and the mobs were going down quite easily.

Fast forward to my shaman alt, which has an average ilvl of about 595 and I died about 10 times in first hour of game play. The mobs take ages to go down and unlike on my druid, I could not handle 2+ mobs at once.

Mob health/dmg should scale in relation to your level and item level of your gear. One of the biggest criticism of Legion so far is that it's rather alt unfriendly. Hopefully Blizzard takes note.
    "Listen widely to remove your doubts and be careful when speaking about the rest, and your mistakes will be few..." — Confucius.

Quote Originally Posted by randomforum View Post
    Actually, mobs do have too much health...at least by comparison to what we've been used to so far.

It's much, much worse for some classes/specs than it is for others. On my hunter, I'm forced to quest as BM. Any attempt to do regular quests or world quests as MM will result in endless corpse runs (unless a disengage/aspect/FD saves me...but those only take you so far). As BM, I have no serious problems with pulling 5 mobs at the same time (by accident or intentionally). I can just MD to the pet, mend pet/multishot until it's over. As MM, 2+ mobs is almost certain death. World quests that involve killing a named mob with tons of HP are downright impossible unless I manage to get in at the same time when other people are killing it and I just get a lucky tag.

When it comes to instances, on the other hand, BM is dead, bottom of the bottom, while MM pretty much rocks.

I wouldn't normally see this as a problem, but because of how legion works (different artifacts, artifact power/traits you need to invest (in)), you're pretty much forced to invest your artifact power in 2 different specs and end up with 2 gimped specs (when compared to a "regular" class who can just do both on a single spec, albeit with (slightly) different talents.

I don't actually know if this is only a hunter problem or not, but I haven't seen something as bad as BM in instances...or MM in world quests. It's beyond horrible. Tuning classes/specs/mobs may help, but in reality, whatever you do, hunters are not meant to tank and MM ends up "tanking". You've got your "knockback" every half a minute, but that only takes you so far. It's not bad, it's beyond bad.

In time, once you get some heroic+ gear, once you unlock your third relic, you will probably be able to quest as whatever spec without having to invest more artifact power into a "questing" spec. But until then, unless you're lucky enough to play with friends all the time (including world quests), you're forced to gimp yourself and play at a mediocre level because you've burned your AP on a fairly useless spec and can't get it back and put it in your "real" (raiding) spec.

What I said above applies to playing at ~800 ilvl. I'm sure past 830 it's different, but you have to get there first.
    I have zero issues soloing as MM, pretty much because I dont go all rambo with Lone Wolf, but keep a trusty misdirect fodder, can AoE mobs for days and constantly full heal pet, since the CD is reduced by 30s every killed mob...

Quote Originally Posted by Foreboding View Post
    An important factor many in this thread have overlooked is the ilvl of your toon relative to the new content. On my main, I was fully geared from pre-legion invasion events (about 705 ilvl) and found the Broken Isles to be relatively easy from 100-110. Only died a handful of times and the mobs were going down quite easily.

Fast forward to my shaman alt, which has an average ilvl of about 595 and I died about 10 times in first hour of game play. The mobs take ages to go down and unlike on my druid, I could not handle 2+ mobs at once.

Mob health/dmg should scale in relation to your level and item level of your gear. One of the biggest criticism of Legion so far is that it's rather alt unfriendly. Hopefully Blizzard takes note.
    Fuck alts, fuck them with a stick. The less alts there are the better.

Fuck alts, fuck them with a stick. The less alts there are the better.
    Well, a significantly large chunk of players have more than one character. Not saying most or the majority do, but still the number of people that do is big enough that it's in Blizzard's best interest to keep them happy.
    "Listen widely to remove your doubts and be careful when speaking about the rest, and your mistakes will be few..." — Confucius.

Deleted
    Just a random question:
    Did you do the interlude quests on your alt? That should have awarded you some 680-700 ilvl items and make the lift-off a bit easier.

Well, a significantly large chunk of players have more than one character. Not saying most or the majority do, but still the number of people that do is big enough that it's in Blizzard's best interest to keep them happy.
    My best guess is: heirlooms gaining another upgrade available in 7.1.

It seems, and hopefully it will stay that way, that blizz doesnt care about them and wants them to go away.

Deleted
    I am curious about one thing, are you guys, the ones having problems with these mobs, questing solo or do you use a companion (bodyguard, not the others) from the order halls?
    I play as WW monk , i have no problem with mobs even if i go solo, but still i avoid questing without one of my 2 bodyguards. it makes life a lot easier.

They don't have that much health.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Just a random question:
    Did you do the interlude quests on your alt? That should have awarded you some 680-700 ilvl items and make the lift-off a bit easier.
    I didn't consider that. I skipped straight to quest where you get the Dalaran hearthstone on all my alts. That makes sense actually...

- - - Updated - - -

It seems, and hopefully it will stay that way, that blizz doesnt care about them and wants them to go away.
    Are you for real? I don't have access to official records, but I would estimate at least 30% of players have an active alt they like to play as well.

You really want 30%+ of the player base to "go away"? I don't think Blizzard would agree with you on that...

Deleted
    I didn't consider that. I skipped straight to quest where you get the Dalaran hearthstone on all my alts. That makes sense actually...
    Additionally; do not forget to set a combat ally in your class order. That might help you out of tight-spots.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you for real? I don't have access to official records, but I would estimate at least 30% of players have an active alt they like to play as well.

You really want 30%+ of the player base to "go away"? I don't think Blizzard would agree with you on that...
    Probably more then 30%, and yes i want those players to stop having alts and to just focus on one class and even there on just one spec. Alts are aids.