Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The doubled down on stupid, that is the core base of gamers that have no concept of time management. It's basically what they did with Diablo III and that resurged at least for a little bit before all that was left was grinders with no life.

They had 2 directions to go; use strategies like garrisons and weekly lockouts to help a more casual fanbase be able to keep up with the game and stay subscribed. Or use a giant grind they can constantly add to which is tied behind a geometric leveling tree (which means it takes forever to complete) to draw out the game for a long time while not actually having to add any new content.

Notice that Legion really doesn't have much more content than WOD. It has about the same name number of starting areas and dungeons. Leveling up actually has less content because there are no followers to find and less loot. It just has a different incentive structure all bound to the geometric demands of artifact power.

Maybe they'll recalibrate and maybe they just expect casuals to always be a tier behind of the grinders (I'm assuming catchup mechanics will let people at least easily catch up to the teir behind the current one). It's just irritating as a more casual player to be drawn in at the margin into daily grind and world-quests. I had a more casual group looking to get back into the game. Told them the truth that it'd be impossible to raid on a reasonable adult schedule with the way Blizzard has designed the game.

What I feel sorry is for all the college-aged kids that are playing this game and are happy with the changes (something like 60-70% of the player base is like clustered around 20 years of age according to a survey done 13 years ago. These are the best years of their lives where everything can change and they will be drawn into a grind. Everyone I knew that did that 10 years ago in BC is basically flipping burgers now.
    Last edited by DevilsAdvocate; 2016-09-06 at 11:25 PM.

I personally think world quests are the best iteration of the daily quest. I might not do them every day or i might just do enough to get the cache or i might do a ton. I like that there's simple ones like fish kicking as well as group quests. I like that it gets me out into the world and there's a bunch of other people with me. I think as long as they keep adding more with each tier patch i doubt i will get as sick of them as I was with normal daily quests.

i would be ok if i could fly. the terrain this expansion is the worst in a long time. not only do i get stuck on every fucking twig or fence or rock, no, there are so many altitude levels you have to walk an extra 2 minutes around because of a slighty higher than jumpable ground.

I've enjoyed the world quests so far. My issue right now is what class I feel like I enjoy playing.

It was the opposite problem I had with Draenor: World was boring and dull, but the classes where enjoyable.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Quote Originally Posted by devla View Post
    After doing one week of world quests, how do you feel about dedicating the next 2 years of your life (expected expansion lifetime) doing them every single day?
    I think "dedicating the next 2 years of your life" to any type of video game is not a good idea. Do something you think is fun. If it stops being fun then stop doing it. Don't see why you'd even look at it as dedicating your life to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
    What I feel sorry is for all the college-aged kids that are playing this game and are happy with the changes (something like 60-70% of the player base is like clustered around 20 years of age according to a survey done 13 years ago. These are the best years of their lives where everything can change and they will be drawn into a grind. Everyone I knew that did that 10 years ago in BC is basically flipping burgers now.
    So the people that were 20 years old 13 years ago are now in their 30's, this isn't exactly an accurate survey. I'm sure many of those people are no longer playing but I'd imagine it's less than that percentage who are college students playing. And it sounds like you got in with the wrong crowd. I'm playing now, was playing 12 years ago(though I did take a break from cata through wod cuz I hated it) and I have a successful animation career. Oh and all the other old-timers I'm playing with again also have successful careers. Like with anything in life, it just has to be done in moderation.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    in couple of weeks ? yes agree with it - but by that moment a lot of people will simply leave the game from boredom because AK wont accumlate fast enough and they will hit the wall pretty soon.
    Eh, I disagree. I don't think it should scale up very fast. From what I've seen, the current pace is fine and could honestly be a little slower to stretch out the relevance of the system over the expansion. If we all maxed out our artifacts within a week or two, I would argue that it was a failed system. Slowing it down and making it last throughout more of the expansion is a smart move that keeps us busy for longer. You don't have to rush through everything.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Can we just call them what they are? Dailies.

They aren't worse than previous ones, but I already tire of them. They also lessen my desire to level alts, since I feel like I've already leveled 5 chars because I've done every daily about 5 times by now, with only ocasionally one popping up that I haven't seen at all.

Deleted
    From the developer interviews before launch:

In other words, they will continue to add new traits, or new ranks of the hidden traits, probably at the same time as new raid tiers.

After doing one week of world quests, how do you feel about dedicating the next 2 years of your life (expected expansion lifetime) doing them every single day? Of course, you don't HAVE to do them. If you're fine with not being able to compete either in pvp or raiding.
    Fine with it. Once the matchup mechanic is caught up in a few months you will literally have no issues farming out your entire Artifact when you put your mind to it. The fact you think it will take a full 2 years to cap it out shows how little research you have done about the expansion.

From the developer interviews before launch:

In other words, they will continue to add new traits, or new ranks of the hidden traits, probably at the same time as new raid tiers.

After doing one week of world quests, how do you feel about dedicating the next 2 years of your life (expected expansion lifetime) doing them every single day? Of course, you don't HAVE to do them. If you're fine with not being able to compete either in pvp or raiding.
    I'm not... I want definable goals... to max out at stages so I know I have the best weapon I can. And I certainly don't like the idea of thinking I will only finish leveling the weapon long after the last raid has been cleared.

What I REALLY miss? Is making a "shopping" list of BiS gear and working to check that list off.

That just isn't a thing anymore.

Deleted
    They are great for people not big into raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am okay with this, especially since I can start dropping several quests once I got the reputation. Gear upgrades? Maybe not needed anymore. Gold? Maybe I don't need it. Order Ressources? I could have more than enough. So that cuts out quite a bit that does not give Artifact Power and even then many are available for a few days.

if you do the emissary, a daily heroic, and LFR someone calculated it would take 197~ days to get 54/54 traits.

so yea, it's actually going to take a long time but you realistically only need 35/54 to "complete" your artifact, after 35 traits each additional point is a .5% increase to healing/dps

Deleted
    Considering they drop upgrades I don't mind them had that not been the case i'd probably pass

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why I should do WQ's. I barely do any now and I'm not far behind (lvl 19+ artifact level main and 13 offspec).
    I just run Emissary on a daily basis and am some 5k rep into revered with Nightfallen, once I get to exalted I will stop doing that rep as well.

Deleted
    Expansion is still fresh, people are still enjoying the new Daily's and other things but let's be honest. Once you have more than one character, once the repetition sends in, once it starts to get stale. This is going to be nowhere near as much fun as it currently is. So while he might be somewhat early in his criticism and overdoing it. This might end up very unfun somewhere down the line and outright aggravating to quite a few people.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a definite improvement over farming a couple of specific areas for a more extended period of time without any change of scenery or variety. Not to mention that you do not have to fill up your Quest Log with Daily Quests to do them, which is more convenient than having hubs full with dailies like in previous expansions.

Yeah, they won't add any new content that gives artifact power so we'll just have to do worlds quests for 6 years. Fuck Blizzard.

No. I'm looking forward to do occasional world quests between PvPing and Roleplaying since I play 3/3rds of this game instead of 1/3rd like a lot of people do for some odd reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Oh look, you're whining.

Who knows what I'm gonna feel like doing a year from now. Unlike yourself, I don't "dedicate my life" to obsessively playing video games. Yeah, I don't HAVE to do these quests, which is exactly why I'm not going to the moment I decide I don't feel like it any more.
    my god ..... all he asked was how you felt about it.
    not a negative word he said in the OP.

OT: Not too sure about it myself. so far it's all cool It's better then nothing
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Pretty good actually. Suramar quests are getting a bit stale, because I do all of them. But as long as they keep adding new ones and dont make the mistake of making the old ones obsolete (so that your pool suddendly becomes 10 diffrent quests instead of 100+) the formula seems to work. As logn as you dont try to do ALL of them all the time of course. Pretty sure you could turn them into a sluggish grind, if you felt like you have to do them all.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."