Deleted

Craftable +31 relics

Are these anything other than a hugely expensive titanforged lottery? I don't see their use.

They're to use when you hit max level to tide you over before getting 850 ones from mythic dungeons. Did you really think you were gonna be able to simply craft +50s? kek
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

These like much of the other crafting gear is extremely lack lust and buried under a decent amount of quest/rep grinding or luck. While I do like the new profession system compared to WoD the quality of what you get is just not there.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I would have expected them to be Obliterum-upgradeable to 840, just like crafted weapons were upgradeable to 10ilvls lower than crafted armour in WoD.

I got the recipe for the engie one and the mats cost alone makes these pretty useless at +31. Also pretty sure normal dungeons give +31, at least I'm sure that's where I got mine from...

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    These like much of the other crafting gear is extremely lack lust and buried under a decent amount of quest/rep grinding or luck. While I do like the new profession system compared to WoD the quality of what you get is just not there.
    The crafted relics are terrible, but that's because they can't be upgraded with Obliterum.

Any piece that CAN be upgraded with Obliterum, however, is very good--crafted gear can have a single secondary on it, which is very desirable for specs that highly value a particular secondary (such as Mastery for Arms or Crit for Fire). The JC pieces also come with sockets, which also puts them over pretty much anything you're gonna get preraid.

I bought one and paid too much for it (40k), but RNG gods were frowning on me and I still had a green 779 equipped. If they're down to 5k or less by the time I level an alt, I might buy a couple to make I-lvl for heroics.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    I bought one and paid too much for it (40k), but RNG gods were frowning on me and I still had a green 779 equipped. If they're down to 5k or less by the time I level an alt, I might buy a couple to make I-lvl for heroics.
    I was lucky enough to get a mythic wf helm from world dungeon quest (normal dungeon), i crafted 815 spaulders and belt and got good trinkets from other world quests so now i'm sitting at 816 ilvl
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Sweet mother of jesus, how are you intelligent enough to have that much spare gold and yet still spend it on pretty much the most worthless crafted item in Legion?
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Sweet mother of jesus, how are you intelligent enough to have that much spare gold and yet still spend it on pretty much the most worthless crafted item in Legion?
    lol ~ too much gold, and too vane to keep that 779 green item on my otherwise beautiful artifact.
    It's all good; I sold a battle pet for 50k that same day after buying it with pet tokens.
    The AH giveth and the AH taketh away.

- - - Updated - - -

To this day, I've collected 5x Holy relics all 820+, 2 Arcane relics 820+ (that slot's not even unlocked yet), and if not for that over-priced crafted I would STILL be using a 779 green in the Iron relic slot.

I think their purpose is to fill empty sockets on off spec artifacts late in the expansion. They're just to bad to use them in main spec, and too expensive right now.

lol ~ too much gold, and too vane to keep that 779 green item on my otherwise beautiful artifact.
    It's all good; I sold a battle pet for 50k that same day after buying it with pet tokens.
    The AH giveth and the AH taketh away.

- - - Updated - - -

To this day, I've collected 5x Holy relics all 820+, 2 Arcane relics 820+ (that slot's not even unlocked yet), and if not for that over-priced crafted I would STILL be using a 779 green in the Iron relic slot.
    RNG is RNG is suppose, my group finished our first week of mythic clears during the weekend and we all got pretty decent luck. I came out with a +40 relic, +42 relic and another +40 for when I get my third slot later today. Even if I didn't get decent drops I would never even consider spending 40k on a piece of extremely temporary gear, let alone an incredibly bad one - and I too am in the same boat of too much gold, floating 4.6m and another mill or so in assets at the moment. I prefer to spend on things that will remain or have a lasting impact.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    a lot of crafted gear is bis or near bis pre mythic + dungeons/raids + if you pushed itlv very fast in begining and was lucky some of world quest drops were selling for 300k + on AH so the cost refunded itself super fast (+ 40k is overstatment i bought most of mine mine for 10-15k )

for me it was very good investment since it allowed me to ignore low level WQ on day 1 of ding 110 and jump stright to hc dungeons - by the time new set of WQ came out next day it consisted of 830 base WQ gear and allowed me to upgrade pieces i bought with blodo of sargeras i was geting inside dungeons upgrading gear on fly - cant wait for 3rd relic slot should hit 845 right on reset day
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2016-09-06 at 11:23 AM.

FYI, I'm pretty sure they're Unique: Crafted (1) (i.e., you can only equip one crafted relic, no matter what type).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    I think their purpose is to fill empty sockets on off spec artifacts late in the expansion. They're just to bad to use them in main spec, and too expensive right now.
    Do you see the price of Infernal Brimstone ever coming down enough for anyone to want to craft or buy these though? I suppose if you'll level an alt, with which you forgo getting the friendly reputations and thus skipping world quests, then these might work as some kind of a stepping stone to dungeons, maybe heroics... But they're not really that much better than greens.

I don't know... They're as expensive, if not more so, than the 815 crafted gear, which I believe can be upgraded with Obliterum, so you'd think these ones are like "on that level"... But they're only 805, and can't be upgraded in any way.

I just feel that a) the materials they require are hilarious compared to what they give you, and b) they're completely useless to anyone who bothers to play Suramar and some of the bigger quests at all. I've got +31 and +35 (warforged) from questing currently. My friend also had a +35 and +3X (I forget how high exactly.)

Perhaps for offspecs, perhaps for alts that will be taken straight into raids. I just don't see how any of that justifies them even being a thing. At least the lowbie set (Leystone, for example, in BS) can be crafted for alts relatively cheaply using rank 3 recipes, and it can be used while leveling. But these relics are 110 only.

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    FYI, I'm pretty sure they're Unique: Crafted (1) (i.e., you can only equip one crafted relic, no matter what type).
    Unique-Equipped: Crafted Relic (1), that's right. Even more of a reason why these seem completely pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    I'm hoping to replace it with a drop soon, but that continues to elude me lol. I get holy relics and arcane relics galore; my overall item level is 826 now, but I can't get a drop on an iron relic to save me.