Legendaries - Does it matter what you do?

I was just wondering if it really matters what you do. Like, if you do a normal dungeon versus a mythic dungeon, would the mythic dungeon increase your chances of acquiring one? I know there is a 'very slow build up' hidden system that keeps adding up on the class and spec you have so I was curious about this. If so, then I'm guessing Rated BGs, Arenas (both with higher rating) and Mythic Dungeons are going to be the most optimum to increase that build up in the hidden system.

If I'm wrong about something I'm all ears. I just want to figure out the system. Also, if you completed all the main chain quests in the five zones plus your Class Hall would that factor in as well?

nobody knows how the system works because it was never revealed. all we know is that there is some system that makes sure you wont go the whole expansion without a legendary. higher difficulty = higher chance is just an assumption.

I dont think you will get a useful answer yet, judging by the very small number of people who even obtained a legendary at this point. It comes down to hearsay.
    That sucks tbh since they are likely a huge benefit in terms of progression and saving a raid slot..

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The higher the difficulty the higher the drop rate(apparently). There is also supposedly some form of bad luck protection in place to continually increase the chances of you getting one.
    Ohhh .. I remember this. I read this in a blue post several times.

It's a legitimate RNG drop as of right now, but there's been some talk about the longer you don't have one from higher difficulty drops, the better your chance becomes. To me it's a bit frightening to think about. For instance, what if my passive chance gets worked up, and I'm tanking to get gear out my off-spec and a Blood Legendary drops? I'd like to know a bit more how they plan to do it, but for right now, I think it's all up to RNjesus.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

I wish I knew how the system worked for my own piece of mind. We only have one legendary in the guild so far and we are running tons of heroic and mythic dungeons.

Its a BS system. It should be rewarded to players who do a lot. Not people under 110 who just get lucky. I'm doing everything and still no legendary. Yet people who open one chest, or who are just lvling might get lucky and get 1? Thats some BS.. players need to be rewarded for how much they do..... not some random ass luck that someone gets before they can even use it

Abyssion, I'm also doing the same thing. And there's a hunter who is doing a lot more than you and I combined (he probably has no life?) and he still didn't get a legendary. But this is the first week so I think RNGesus is going to give in. My fear is that I'll end up with one of the stupid Legs which I don't need ......... my god I'm going to be a sad panda. I want the ring or hands for Arms Warrior. I'm stick to Arms until I get the legendaries I want. Definitely won't be switching specs what-so-ever until I get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Read the wowhead guide. It explains it pretty well, all things considered(and has sources linked for pretty much every bit of information).
    The wowhead guide does not go into detail how the bad luck protection works since that information is not available.

Quote Originally Posted by pmkaboo View Post
    nobody knows how the system works because it was never revealed. all we know is that there is some system that makes sure you wont go the whole expansion without a legendary. higher difficulty = higher chance is just an assumption.
    If possible, don't post bullsh... posts because people read these forums and believe in things we say here, so then as the result the bullsh... is being spread and spread and spread. Nobody likes bs, right?

Here is confirmed source, not an "assumption"

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20742424691#5

Deleted
    So basically, to answer the question in the OP... No, it doesn't matter what you do, as long as you do do something; you'll end up with legendary items.

Eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Wenoxar View Post
    If possible, don't post bullsh... posts because people read these forums and believe in things we say here, so then as the result the bullsh... is being spread and spread and spread. Nobody likes bs, right?

what i see there is that 1 mythic dungeon has indeed higher chance than 1 world quest, but 45 minutes (or whatever they consider the usual clear time) in mythic dungeon have the same chance as 45 minutes of world quests. so in the end the content difficulty doesnt matter, unless you can clear high difficulty really fast.

also that post is from feb 19., and if you look at the next blizz post in that thread youll find out that legendaries will be disabled for first few weeks of emerald nightmare... so id suggest not using alpha discussions as a credible source of information.
    Last edited by pmkaboo; 2016-09-06 at 07:28 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenoxar View Post

You could also farm in specific places in Draenor back then as well since they were world drops. Now they come from dungeon bosses, pvp boxes, mythic weekly chests, class hall chests and emmissary bags. Maybe world quests also? Legendaries went through a complete overhaul so I would only rely on recent statements in the last month.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

[quote]https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...9mOhc/pubhtml#[/code]

Section: Legendaries

It's not blizzard's source, it's quite reliable.