Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    The problem with mages right now is RoP hands down. For some people it may be a L2 play issue, but for me it is not. It is also not a gear issue, as I'm 850 IL, 869 wep, working on trait 23. Honestly, I think fireball and Pyroblast could both use a small buff but what would be better is if they just increased the range of RoP by like 2 yards and gave it an extra 2-3 seconds active time. Losing an RoP because of a mechanic or retards running to you with aids like a moth drawn to the flame is just devastating overall to our damage output.

Either nerf the shit out of RoP and buff our baseline or buff the range/time on RoP, or even better give us 2 other talents that aren't completely fucking useless.

Honestly said, I would love to see a baseline increase to Mages class wide, then a nerf to RoP and IF. We really are FAR too cooldown dependent to put up effective damage.

As for burn outside of Combustion, I tend to get Hot Streak, RoP, when I have 1 (or soon to be 2) Fire Blasts, and at least 1 PF pocketed. I can normally get off a similar burst phase to my combustion phase (assuming Flame On is back or about to be back up).

I currently have a love hate relationship with Kindling though... I love getting Combustions faster, but it feels like my Flame On and Combustion don't sync up as smoothly as I would have liked outside my initial burn.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich
    Liberals are against discrimination, except when it coincides with their own personal hatreds. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor
    Yah because I'm stroking my evil lapcat while sitting in my Ivory tower of oppression built on the skulls of those less fortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    doing it wrong
    The only thing wrong is using scorch instead of precasting pyro. Otherwise, it's exactly right according to sims. If you don't use a phoenix at the start of the fight, you're sitting at three charges, wasting at least 10 seconds of recharge as well as making Phoenix Reborn completely useless.