Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Do you think blizzard will fix the poor state of warlocks in legion???

Basically warlock dps is really low at the moment, the damage doesnt ramp up fast enought to make the numbers happen, people in mythic dungeons insta decline warlocks. Discuss the topic please.

Deleted
    i think its over exaggerated. I completed all myths this week without any issues. Numbers seem ok, but its early expansion and i wouldn't expect any adjustments to be made until after raids are released. Dungeon dps isnt accurate as the fights are over before numbers really settle. Yes some classes are OP for trash as their toolkit is better, but its not as bad as people make out

Do you think blizzard will fix the poor state of all dps casters in legion???

ftfy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Do you think blizzard will fix the poor state of all dps casters in legion???

ftfy
    True.

To OP : Let's hope so. Incinerate is a joke. I can only speak about destro. Mastery is a joke. Soul Shard generation is a joke. AoE damage is a joke. Only cleave is allright.

Quote Originally Posted by Ji-tae View Post
    True.

To OP : Let's hope so. Incinerate is a joke. I can only speak about destro. Mastery is a joke. Soul Shard generation is a joke. AoE damage is a joke. Only cleave is allright.
    Agreed, but this is part of Blizzard's plan, put literally nothing into our baseline toolboxes, but fill them up with tier set talents and trinket abilities...and of course the legendary items, not to mention the artifact...which you know will be tweaked or changed. There you go, I can't wait until it blows up in their faces. They still have no idea that people are in love with the "IDEA" of lateral class buffs and abilities. What people actually want....is baseline strength. I want to be powerful to start (or at least just be able to hold my own) with EXPERIENCE growing my power, not a pair of frilly shoulder pads and what equals to a piece of junk in my pocket to make me strong.
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nethlord View Post
    Agreed, but this is part of Blizzard's plan, put literally nothing into our baseline toolboxes, but fill them up with tier set talents and trinket abilities...and of course the legendary items, not to mention the artifact...which you know will be tweaked or changed. There you go, I can't wait until it blows up in their faces. They still have no idea that people are in love with the "IDEA" of lateral class buffs and abilities. What people actually want....is baseline strength. I want to be powerful to start (or at least just be able to hold my own) with EXPERIENCE growing my power, not a pair of frilly shoulder pads and what equals to a piece of junk in my pocket to make me strong.

yep!

If we have 2 piece T19 and a couple legendary it will be a completely different class.

Is it the same for other classes? Do they benefit as much as warlock does from better gear especially legendaries?

10+ Year Old Account
    Removing the Shard cost from Service and Doomguard/Infernal would go a long way to fixing the ramp up for all three specs, and make them less clunky and a bit more reliable for dungeons. I think that's a place to start, but otherwise I dunno, I can see more numbers tuning happening but we won't see any major mechanics changes this expansion, but maybe some minor tweaks in 7.1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Removing the Shard cost from Service and Doomguard/Infernal would go a long way to fixing the ramp up for all three specs, and make them less clunky and a bit more reliable for dungeons. I think that's a place to start, but otherwise I dunno, I can see more numbers tuning happening but we won't see any major mechanics changes this expansion, but maybe some minor tweaks in 7.1.
    Affliction in particular needs the soul shard cost removed. It feels horrible to not be able to cast UA in your opener because you used all your shards (eventually) on doomguard and grimoire. It's not as bad for destro and demo because they have guaranteed soul shards just after pull.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Affliction in particular needs the soul shard cost removed. It feels horrible to not be able to cast UA in your opener because you used all your shards (eventually) on doomguard and grimoire. It's not as bad for destro and demo because they have guaranteed soul shards just after pull.
    Even then, I feel like the hefty resource cost plus a cooldown is excessive.

I'm hoping more that they look at the Artifact system; honestly feels so bad switching to another Artifact with zero investment over one you put 13 traits or so into. It's an obvious and significant power loss, to a point it's just never going to feel worth it to diversify. No wonder dungeon queues are like 45mins to an hour.

The big problem with mythics isn't just the damage, it's the amount of movement with few tools or options to handle it. You basically need to plan well ahead of any potential mechanic. Did eye last night.... Oh dear god... So jealous of hunters now.

Deleted
    Probably not until raids starts, when they see the abysmal numbers they are going to change something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    100% unrelated, I miss your old sig. :c
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by carlos9949 View Post
    Basically warlock dps is really low at the moment, the damage doesnt ramp up fast enought to make the numbers happen, people in mythic dungeons insta decline warlocks. Discuss the topic please.
    not by enough, Mages will still have more pros than cons according to sites like icy-veins

Not until 7.1 or more likely 7.2. I play affliction and from my point of view it needs either damage buff to all dots if they want to leave this broken rng shard and souls gen and worthless golden traits or leave the damage as is and buff shard and souls generation in some way.

No. Because in order to "fix" us, it would require a massive overhaul... yet again. Quite frankly, I have zero faith that they can do anything right with our class so for now I'm going to play until I can't take it anymore and then stop giving them money for consistently disappointing me.

To answer this question we can look at Blizzard's most two recent Warlock changes, at least for Destro:

1.) Nerf Roaring Blaze

It was kind of stupidly strong to be honest. 60% multiplicative was too much which gave Destro locks like 30% more DPS in certain fights than other classes.

2.) Buff Incinerate

Not terribly sure how good this is going to be for us, although it's a pretty decent AOE buff if we spec FnB.

...So yeah, it's hard to tell.

Locks were pretty poor in early WoD as well, and Blizz were able to save it with the sweet DS demo spec. Hopefully something like that happens again, though I doubt it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enjoy two-6 years as absolute trash until they decide to maybe look again. Warlocks are dead
    Wrath baby and proud of it

If by "fixing" you mean make them even weaker and more clunky so that no one plays them and they have one whole class less to balance and tweak around, then yes. If you mean fixing in a positive way, wait till next expansion at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Depends what you mean by fix.

I expect the numbers will be cranked up to respectable or better by some point.
    Will the gameplay be fixed? Unlikely.

We've had 2 redesigns in the last 3 expansions, they never seem to stop to fix a spec, they'll just leave things in a sorry state and then completely redesign it instead of sitting down and making sensible changes to the parts that don't work. Destructions resource thing was easily the best thing about it and probably the best resource system out of any of our specs in MOP / WOD, yet it was scrapped in favor of an affliction style one that had been getting bitched about all of WOD and most of MOP.

I don't really expect much on the mechanical front to change, they tend not to redesign classes in the middle of the expansion - the best you can expect is number or cost changes and (possibly) something being nerfed into unusable status if Blizzard think it's particularly unsavory like ROF was in WOD.
    The best I expect is maybe chaos bolt will start feeling like it hits for something, maybe afflictions ST will be tuned up to a none-joke level, shards removed from doomguard and some of our talent tiers having things like mana tap or soul effigy nerfed away, though my gut tells me SE isn't going anywhere.

What I really think we need is some specs taking inspiration or borderline wholesale rollback to earlier versions.
    I think affliction was lightyears better in WOTLK / Cata, hell, I think you could roll the design all the way back to TBC and still possibly come out better.
    Destruction's not in THAT bad of a spot if they make chaos bolt feel more meaty, but it's resource system is still far worse than it was in the last expansion (CR excluded).

Demo I'm a little more forgiving of since there's some reason for it's change with meta needing to go, but I don't see why they needed to remove metas gameplay along with it's cosmetic state. If Demonic Empowerment was a "stance" like meta was, that drained fury and allowed for stronger / more empowered demons to be summoned, surely that would have prevented a lot of the complaints demo is currently getting about it being a spammy maintenance buff + lack of mobility.